Trade API Delays

"
Trancemaster wrote:
and we don't need any more. That's it.

It's amazing how you don't see the issue with the absurdities you're saying.

Who the fuck is your ephemeral 'we'? I get it - you don't need other services, because you have some service(s) that fit your needs; how the fuck do you manage to jump from that fact to the conclusion that no other services are needed? Do you realize that the world does not revolve around you? Do you realize that equal opportunities are way more important than some entitled redditards who think something among the lines of 'I don't need the equal freedom to use trade API - I can't use it because I'm dumb, but I'd rather insist that only those publicly available API-using tools that I'm favoring should be allowed'? Do you realize that what you're saying (as well as Chris's idea that 'fairness' is 'majority vote') is fascism in a nutshell?
Last edited by LaplaceNoMa on Dec 11, 2017, 11:05:23 PM
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
"
Trancemaster wrote:
and we don't need any more. That's it.

It's amazing how you don't see the issue with the absurdities you're saying.

Who the fuck is your ephemeral 'we'? I get it - you don't need other services, because you have some service(s) that fit your needs; how the fuck do you manage to jump from that fact to the conclusion that no other services are needed? Do you realize that the world does not revolve around you? Do you realize that equal opportunities are way more important than some entitled redditards who think something among the lines of 'I don't need the equal freedom to use trade API - I can't use it because I'm dumb, but I'd rather insist that only those publicly available API-using tools that I'm favoring should be allowed'? Do you realize that what you're saying (as well as Chris's idea that 'fairness' is 'majority vote') is fascism in a nutshell?

God, you're something. You know that? "we" as in me and VexusOnTwitch which you were clearly replying too ( and the other ppl who doesn't want an open api for that matter if you so like) I said I didn't want to argue with you and I'm actually entitled to my opinion in a GGG thread without someone going on personal insults. Oh btw, you need to stop replaying with "do you realize", getting stale.
I was wondering about this. I posted a jewel way too cheap I guess on Saturday as not less than minute later, I got a wall of whispers.
some basic rules would be good.

like "no development of tools that rely on running on user's individual pcs while accessing the delayed api stream". because everybody using these tools longterm is not possible, obviously.

then it's unclear which kind of tools you basically want, imho the functioning on the economy relies on people not being able to attach a fixed price to rare items because of the highly variable and obfuscated affix system. as soon as somebody discovers a way to reliably price rares and a majority uses it, rare items go the way of the "1 alch uniques".

i don't think relying on the amount of users using a public service is a good measure of their approval as they can be faked. imho the decision to remove the delay needs to be done by ggg management on a individual basis and people applying for it need to sign some formal agreement not abusing it and doing everything in their power to prevent harm from users.

the last thing poe would need is a targeted attack over malicious web advertisements because the service eventually decided to finally monetise it's position.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Vortex_Magus wrote:
nothing of value is created, just a bunch of random sniping tools that allow people profiteer off exploiting newbies before someone else gets to them.

But this whole bitchfest around sniping is just that - oh, some people have access to newbies to exploit and profiteer off and I don't so this is not fair and I demand GGG do something about it!
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
These API tools should not exists at all(as the API itself). Simple as that. All of their functions should be as in-game trading windows.
I think the underlying idea here is that we need a level playing field for everyone. Whether you manage to snatch a good deal or not should depend on how quick YOU are, not on how quick YOUR TRADING TOOL is. And that means - no private indexers whatsoever, period.
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
Last edited by DGTLDaemon on Dec 12, 2017, 1:53:50 AM
"
Chris wrote:
There are pros and cons to each that we need to discuss

I don't see the pros. Delayed data is ok for everything that is not amongst the whitelisted pages already.
Please don't ad more third party sites and executables.

The way i see it, Path of Building already offers a significant advantage over players who don't use it. Having a "Path of Trading" program would soon become just as mandatory, but with a larger impact, as it is directly effecting the PoE economy and is not an "offline tool" like PoB. please don't allow that to happen.
People will complain, hate and use 'we'-rhetoric, when they don't even fully understand the bigger picture.

It's complete nonsense to even attempt to discuss "even playing field" in a trading context. Most people who trade, including me, don't have an issue with people sniping. People who try to snipe without proper sniping software will complain.

Some people will always have an advantage over another in one way or another, be it a faster computer, better internet connection, have the opportunity to play more than others and so on.

Where would you 4chan-esque people who complain suggest we draw the line?
"
PopeJo wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
There are pros and cons to each that we need to discuss

I don't see the pros. Delayed data is ok for everything that is not amongst the whitelisted pages already.
Please don't ad more third party sites and executables.

The way i see it, Path of Building already offers a significant advantage over players who don't use it. Having a "Path of Trading" program would soon become just as mandatory, but with a larger impact, as it is directly effecting the PoE economy and is not an "offline tool" like PoB. please don't allow that to happen.

Are you for real?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info