Trade API Delays

Probably too much to ask but is there a way to delay newly added items but have no delay on the removal of items?

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
Just my thoughts on 3rd party trade sites:

In an ideal world the trade functionality we're looking for would all be handled in game without need to visit a website.

If that's too problematic then an official separate executable with a nice interface and at least the functionality available to us in poe.trade.

Third best would be making the official trade website useable.

There really shouldn't be a need to have the API available to anyone but yourselves. I love community stuff and I love modding but if you're going to balance drop rates around the fact that trading exists then it shouldn't be something left in the hands of others.

You have no way of knowing if any of the whitelisted sites (now or in the future) are giving 'early access' to select individuals via unseen back channels. Even just 10 seconds faster the likelyhood is you get the trade because most people think 'first come first served'. You have no way of knowing if a very popular site won't simply close down overnight leaving tens of thousands of players without a core part of their game experience. You really ought to have control over that.

Assuming the above is true, I guess the question is "What's in it for GGG to take on all this extra work?"

I think that the answer is control. You can make trade as easy or difficult, as fast or slow as you like and balance your game accordingly. I really do believe you can do that and make PoE even better and solve some of the issues that exist due to the current state of trading.
None of this would be a problem if we had an in-game solution that wasn't intentionally far more difficult than it needed to be. But Chris thinks horrible trade is good game design, because it feels "old school". Things have been awful for years because of the deliberate, insistent shortcomings of this flawed system. Now that you've introduced SSF (which is basically just like PoE 1.0) there is no reason to continue this utterly backwards trend for regular players, who actually want to buy and trade things.

That said, poe.trade is the best option, by far. Your own website trade system isn't nearly as good as this tool which has been out for years. Honestly not sure why you're wasting your time if this is all you're going to do....
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
I was wondering why people were still sniping, hopefully it works meow.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
It doesn't matter what gets whitelisted, as long everyone knows about it/has access to this list.
Do NOT whitelist programs. Only websites.
"
Chris wrote:
Hi guys,

Whitelisting
The community needs to decide who we're going to whitelist.

tbh personally i wouldnt mind if everything will be delayed a minute.
or two.
and if there s no whitelist.

the case that there will comes a better item or better offer for whatever im looking for just right in these 2 minutes while im looking for smt will be very rare.

for normal trading it simply doesnt matter if the data 2 seconds or 2 minutes old.

minutes or even seconds matter only for what ppl call the "trade game meta".
and this makes trade a worse experience for everyone who just wants to a buy a couple things;
doing "non-commercial"-trading.

my opinion: no whitelisting at all. delay everything.
Unknown rule type: SetFondSize
"
thezensei wrote:
"
Strained wrote:
"
thezensei wrote:
Sure, but your thinking could potentially stifle innovation which will long-term affect the PoE community, and that is also bad for GGG.

As a developer...

...I'm a developer...

I'm a CTO and co-founder...

...[I spent] ~$2K in support of the game.

Chris, I sincerely hope you take this into consideration. There's a bigger picture. I say this with nothing to lose. There's plenty of games out there, no offense.

"I'm a big swinging dick and I will take my toys and play somewhere else if you don't do what I want."

Ha.
Last edited by ColinPowell on Dec 11, 2017, 8:54:55 PM
It's sad to see that the usually libertarianish freemarket meritocratic ideologies of GGG are finally getting skewered into the commie bullshit of favoritism, regulations, and unironically calling those two things 'fairness'.

There is nothing 'fair' about substituting the 'here, everyone is on even playing field' system with the 'make sure to please as many people who don't want to commit anything to getting the results some other people are getting, and you'll get preferential treatment'.

Basing ANYTHING on the so-called 'popularity' is the way to hell - which was proven in real world situations time and time again. Fairness could never (and would never) be achieved by the majority vote, simply because if you look at the top 1% cut of humans based on their intellect, the remaining 99% would kinda be the majority.

Sadly, this has nothing to do with fairness, and instead is simply an attempt to please the general (mostly reddit) public - the same public that uses the voting systems to turn sound opinions and suggestions into 'hidden' unworthy topics, while turning the retarded but popular opinions (just look at how reddit loved Bernie Sanders with all those 'no more debts for you! free shit for you!') into something that comes to the front of any discussion.

I really loved the fact that GGG didn't go full Blizzard and ruin their games by listening to this sort of 'majority' and 'community's voice', and now it's really worrying whether this will continue to happen in the future.

"
killstealing wrote:
"
liquidSG wrote:
What's next? A mandatory 60seconds loading screen for everyone because some people have SSDs?

No, GGG seems to try to make PoE's gameplay better, not worse, as this API delay shows.

Seems like his comparison went right over your head, if you seriously consider this 'objectively better' and not 'subjectively better for a very specific set of people who have everything in their disposal to reach the results they're craving, but still choose to complain and demand those results without applying the same amount of time and effort'.
Last edited by LaplaceNoMa on Dec 11, 2017, 8:50:49 PM
All you did was make another problem <.<

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Just nuke them all. No private indexers or trackers need to exist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info