[3.2] 9k-11k ES, 60-100k Armor, CI Aegis Guardian (Shaper, HoGM, Rippy Map Mods)

"
RPGlitch wrote:
I wonder if I'm putting in something wrong.

http://poe.trade/search/kitomkariranit
"
AshDrag0n wrote:
"
RPGlitch wrote:
I wonder if I'm putting in something wrong.

http://poe.trade/search/kitomkariranit

Thank you, xd. Time for more experiments.

"
vitorcp_98 wrote:
Is there any way I could fit a Flame Totem into the build? The idea just seems fun to me, but considering the Enlighten Support Gems for the reserved mana/life cost reduction, apparently the only place would be in an unset ring, but I have my doubts. I find the idea of the flame totem kinda good, beyond fun, since the flame totem will trigger the Elemental Equilibrium, and it would keep cycling with the DPS from the Orb of Storms (it would work better in a 1v1, since the flame totem aiming would go nuts in a crowd).

Hmm, runs into kinda the same problem as someone asked me before, which is our lack of totem dps nodes and gearing. I won't say it's impossible for us to work a flame totem into the build, but you'd definitely need to overhaul the current aegis tree, to make totems worthwhile. Could actually be very interesting if it was possible to use Searing Totem with our build, since Searing Totem does burning damage.

I'll try to fit in some totem testing after I work out the dyadus problem.

As for dyadus, so far the damage seems pretty good. I think I need a 6-link with lvl'd gems before I see some real results though. It's underwhelming, on a poor 5-link with not lvl'd, not quality gems, which is expected. Atm, it's fast enough to do yellow map liches. So, good enough for now. I suppose.

A few noteworthy skills, I've looked into if people are looking for alternatives to scorching ray is the essence drain trickster build. It wouldn't be too hard for us to switch to chaos build and with death's oath our clear speed would be pretty good.

And secondly, Rico's Mjoner's Build. Which is a fascinating way to use a single 1-handed mjoner, most of the damage actually comes from the power charges stacks and not so much the skill tree. I feel it'd take a while before I fully understand most of the mechanics of how damage is achieved on this build, but just being able to use poe mechanics in such an odd and unintuitive way is pretty cool to me.

Just one more thing on my long list of things to do.
(⌐■_■)
I would reaaaaally love it if you can find something else than Scorching Ray to get half decent damage, especially on a CI version. Really loving the CI tankiness but i just can't play the character anymore as Scorching Ray is about as annoying as it can get, and i can't justify running such a slow character through maps. So far none of my PoB testing worked to find an alternative, though i'm usually pretty bad at dps stuff as i have a defensive mindset.

One idea was to use molten strike with the Grelwood sword, saving the points to get to IR, but i couldn't find a way to scale it enough especially as it needs the treshold jewels.

Another one was through a single Poet's pen but again, scaling is really limited in the end.

Sigh, having a tanky aegis character is such an old dream, and it seems closer than ever, yet so far as getting it to be fun to play for the daily average mapping is still as complicated as ever.
Last edited by Axylxys on Jan 6, 2018, 12:27:20 AM
How do you handle bosses with few adds and a lot of slow, large single hit damage moves or DoTs like map Kitava? The regen on block doesn't really help, and the build has kind of low ES regen/s. Feels like there are certain bosses where the lack of life leech/base regen becomes a big liability, and I don't feel that tanky anymore.
Last edited by Kyokuji on Jan 6, 2018, 11:28:55 AM
It's important for boss fights to not kill adds. Our leech comes from block, you essentially have instant vaal pact, and instant recovery, as long as a few creatures are attacking you.

But if you are stuck in a bad situation having killed all the adds and it's just you and the boss, DoT's are one of the only weaknesses of the build. You are just gonna have a bad time. I made a regen version of this build with 3,000 ES regen to solve this problem, but I've been busy with other things, so haven't gotten around to posting the guide for that version yet.

If you want to see the PoB for that build. Just send me a message.

For quick fixes to DoTs, the lab glove enchant, word of light, helps in these situations. As it drops conscercrated ground, whenever you are hit by a critical strike. Which, is all the time for us. Enduring Cry also helps give you a ton of regen, if you are getting burned hard.

For one shots, assuming you are properly geared and at 9k ES, using fortify with a shield charge pretty much solves it. I haven't been one-shot ever since I used fortify. Also don't forget to leave mobs left in the boss room, so your pantheon abilities trigger, otherwise you are gonna get crit on heavy slow moving attacks, which is what is probably giving you a hard time.

A lot of this build is just ignoring everything and doing single target damage on the boss. It's kinda like doing a vorci quest, every boss fight.

Leave all the guards alone and kill only the target.

(⌐■_■)
"
Axylxys wrote:
I would reaaaaally love it if you can find something else than Scorching Ray to get half decent damage, especially on a CI version. Really loving the CI tankiness but i just can't play the character anymore as Scorching Ray is about as annoying as it can get, and i can't justify running such a slow character through maps. So far none of my PoB testing worked to find an alternative, though i'm usually pretty bad at dps stuff as i have a defensive mindset.

One idea was to use molten strike with the Grelwood sword, saving the points to get to IR, but i couldn't find a way to scale it enough especially as it needs the treshold jewels.

Another one was through a single Poet's pen but again, scaling is really limited in the end.

Sigh, having a tanky aegis character is such an old dream, and it seems closer than ever, yet so far as getting it to be fun to play for the daily average mapping is still as complicated as ever.

Well, I decided to waste some cash and try an Essence Drain Aegis Tank Version. Sounds, pretty silly, lol. The clearspeed for maps feels good, actually, light years better then the original version, but the boss dps is kinda really bad.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. It feels Scorching Ray was so well-adapted to boss-killing and Essence Drain is pretty good at map clearing.

I'm in between disappointed and confused. And I'm stuck with a weird, strange, abomination of a build. I guess the good thing that came out of it, is doing maps feels rather satisfying now.
(⌐■_■)
Well i quickly tried a Mjollner version for a few chaos as i have a voll's devotion on my other character (bad one though, with attack speed implicit instead of str/int, but whatever). I basically switched around the burning dmg points in the tree, equipped mjoll/romira/amulet and spent the points into power/end charge and a lot of stats to even equip that.

Main issues i could see after a few maps:

-moving around with cyclone is slow with no additional movement speed beyond the boots

-getting stats right is a nightmare, had to use an int => str conversion jewel and several points into 30dex/str to get enough. Using voll's devotion, romira or even adding the Inya boots leaves pretty much one ring slot and the belt slot to get everything else, both resists and the crazy stat requirement.

Seems hard to make it work without godly gear and it means too many points wasted on the tree to really be efficient while keeping up the defense (i couldn't, but that was okay for a low map test).

-cyclone is a defense in itself through movement but works against most of the build advantages

I felt it could be built into something viable with more effort and might be more fun to run around maps, but that's about it. It seemed too clunky to really be a contender for SR.

Maybe something to do with SR + CwC gem switch for mapping ? I'm no expert on SR and burning builds usually (i always hated that spell feeling but it's so damn effective i always end up rolling one to clear HotGM) and it was a thing a few leagues ago but somehow felt out of flavour.

I actually like SR for bosses but mapping is so painful, lol. I usually just run around to gather 2 screens worth of mobs before turning around several times to burn them all. Then at the end of the map i realize i could clean 3 maps in the same time with another character and feel i just wasted my time. Though it's not that slow, i'm pretty sure it's all down to SR feeling so uninteresting to use.

Last edited by Axylxys on Jan 7, 2018, 1:13:57 AM
Yeah, I'm feeling that map fatigue, much sooner than I felt it for Harbringer. There are just so many maps, you have to repeat again, and again.

Before, you could just go straight to end-game and it was just Shaper, which isn't so bad since SR kills bosses, but now it really feels like a grind to do mapping.

Ah, poop. I'll just leave it at that for now. I'm sure a solution to our mapping woes will present itself given more time. At the very least, we have the most unkillable build on the league, xd.

Edit: For the Scorching Ray CWC Combo. I'll take another look at that, but I know it'll have less map clearing then the ED version. ED melts the entire screen with one projectile. One of the few times, I'm like. Ooo, pretty explosions XD.

Makes me want to play a proper ED build now. Ahem, well if it can be as tanky anyway.

(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Jan 7, 2018, 1:33:00 AM
"
RPGlitch wrote:

I began to purchase items in preparation for this build when I noticed I could not find another Chayula with Chaos Resistance, especially as high as this one. Is this a special mod?
"
ThunderBiome wrote:
"
RPGlitch wrote:

I began to purchase items in preparation for this build when I noticed I could not find another Chayula with Chaos Resistance, especially as high as this one. Is this a special mod?

Nop. The chaos resistance is normal. I think you are looking at the The Eye of Chayula, which is the low version of the amulet. The higher and more expensive one is called Presence of Chayula and they all have the chaos resistance as a flat modifier.

http://poe.trade/search/doyaugahunarig
(⌐■_■)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info