[3.2] 9k-11k ES, 60-100k Armor, CI Aegis Guardian (Shaper, HoGM, Rippy Map Mods)

Is CI build with low end damage worth doing? I wanna kill the bosses but I dont want it to take years to do it.
With CI you completely mitigate one source of damage which is chaos and its way cheaper to build. Do you think it is worth to do so?
ok just tried some stuff out, its not just the slow that is not applied if under the damage threshold, its the entire chill effect, and orb of storms has a 20% damage effectiveness for added damage, so even a lvl21 added cold gem is quite a tame amount of cold damage. Im not sure u can perm chill a big boss with that.

cwdt vortex seems pretty good but its only gonna cast at ur feet, ud have to melee range everything serious and some stuff likes to run around and be a pain in the arse.

spite procs a lot but is unreliable, aa procs a ton but very short duration...

I feel like a combo of stuff could be acceptable, maybe.
Hm, you're right. The more I look at it, the more I realize "Memory Vault" is probably better for Hierophants or some kind of low armor ES build if anything.

Few things:

-What do you think about adding an RF totem to supplement our DPS, since we take so much burning damage?

-What about the new Shaped shields for your regen build? I've seen shields with up to 5% ES + Life on block and spell damage + resists, which is pretty nuts.
Last edited by Kyokuji on Jan 1, 2018, 11:49:48 PM
"
yazisiz wrote:
Is CI build with low end damage worth doing? I wanna kill the bosses but I dont want it to take years to do it.
With CI you completely mitigate one source of damage which is chaos and its way cheaper to build. Do you think it is worth to do so?

It's worth doing. With a good wand, you can still reach 300k dps, which is enough to do all content comfortably, without taking forever.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
ok just tried some stuff out, its not just the slow that is not applied if under the damage threshold, its the entire chill effect, and orb of storms has a 20% damage effectiveness for added damage, so even a lvl21 added cold gem is quite a tame amount of cold damage. Im not sure u can perm chill a big boss with that.

cwdt vortex seems pretty good but its only gonna cast at ur feet, ud have to melee range everything serious and some stuff likes to run around and be a pain in the arse.

spite procs a lot but is unreliable, aa procs a ton but very short duration...

I feel like a combo of stuff could be acceptable, maybe.

Yeah, it's a bit weird atm. I've been trying arctic breath, because it spews out chilled ground when it hits enemies. And chilled ground, guarantees a chill, not matter how much HP. It only lasts 1.6 seconds though, so having maually cast it is a pain. Maybe, I'll just have it on a CWDT.

"
Kyokuji wrote:

-What do you think about adding an RF totem to supplement our DPS, since we take so much burning damage?

My gut feeling is it wouldn't be good because we don't stack totem life, which RF burns as damage. So, the damage should be lackluster at first glance. Seems best on Chieftain SR build, because their totems are fire immune.

"
What about the new Shaped shields for your regen build? I've seen shields with up to 5% ES + Life on block and spell damage + resists, which is pretty nuts.

This is a good suggestion. I have to look into it. I haven't done any experiments on the new shaped items, but for the regen version, just having a little bit more ES would be tremendous. Its worth consideration.

(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Jan 2, 2018, 1:30:07 AM
"
It's worth doing. With a good wand, you can still reach 300k dps, which is enough to do all content comfortably, without taking forever.

So we have to give up on max block to change our weapon?

Or can we still maintain max block somehow
"
yazisiz wrote:
"

So we have to give up on max block to change our weapon?

Or can we still maintain max block somehow

You can use a red nightmare jewel to maintain max-block. Just look at the red nightmare skill tree, because you have to switch the skill tree around a little bit. If you can't afford red nightmare the cheapest alternative would be a watcher's jewel with block %.

I bought this for 50c. It gives you 60 block/68% spell block. You can reach 75% spell block and 65% block with a few block jewels, and tempest shield. And that's as close as we can get, without spending extra block nodes.

(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Jan 2, 2018, 9:16:45 AM
what armour for the regen build? The Beast Fur Shawl?
another option for chill - 30-50% chance to Chill Attackers for 4 seconds on Block. With Shields ofc ;(
Aand it also required Shaped base. + % regen will be nice item
Last edited by AshDrag0n on Jan 3, 2018, 3:36:01 PM
"
omega267 wrote:
what armour for the regen build? The Beast Fur Shawl?

Yep. We'd use Beast Fur Shawl, for the regen build.

"
AshDrag0n wrote:
another option for chill - 30-50% chance to Chill Attackers for 4 seconds on Block. With Shields ofc ;(
Aand it also required Shaped base. + % regen will be nice item

Ouch. I see some really amazing bases online, but they look a bit expensive, especially with the 7% es per block shields. The chill option isn't showing up in poe.trade though. I can put it in the filters, but the actual wording is not reading on the item. I wonder if I'm putting in something wrong.
(⌐■_■)
Is there any way I could fit a Flame Totem into the build? The idea just seems fun to me, but considering the Enlighten Support Gems for the reserved mana/life cost reduction, apparently the only place would be in an unset ring, but I have my doubts. I find the idea of the flame totem kinda good, beyond fun, since the flame totem will trigger the Elemental Equilibrium, and it would keep cycling with the DPS from the Orb of Storms (it would work better in a 1v1, since the flame totem aiming would go nuts in a crowd).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info