[3.2] 9k-11k ES, 60-100k Armor, CI Aegis Guardian (Shaper, HoGM, Rippy Map Mods)

Hi man!

I was looking in some 3.1 Aegis build and saw yours, it looks great! I want to try it but probably with the Shavs version.

Anyways, I wanted to ask, there is any posibility to make another skill work with low nodes like you have? Because, let's face it, Scorchig Ray is poop for leveling and mapping.
"
chinhodado wrote:
I finally attempted Shaper with this build and got it on the first try with 1 death. A couple of things to note:

- I use The Anvil along with Watcher's Eye with "8% block while affected by Determination" so that I can use a rare wand with tons of DPS, while still maintaining max block. My wand has 182% increased SR damage in total - absolutely huge compared to Advancing Fortress.

- Also my Watcher's Eye has "18% of mana gained as extra ES". This brings my ES to around 10k even without using Presence of Chayula (too expensive right now).

- I originally used Memory Vault for the armour, but then I realized stacking much more than 20k armour is rather futile for little benefits. The only main benefit of stacking armour for this build is to get a higher ES gain on block, which against big bosses with big hits is rather irrelevant. Then I switched back to using The Vertex, which also allows me add an extra 6th aura with Enlighten 4. I added Purity of Ice, which is very beneficial against Shaper and Elder since they deal a lot of cold damage. With Aegis and Purity of Ice I have 84% cold resist, 90% with flask.

- Because I don't need that much armour, my tree is very different from OP's. I cut the entire bottom section (which is used to build armour through Iron Reflex) and use those points to get more regen and damage on tree. E.g. I take the Arsonist and Shaper cluster. The regen is very nice to combat damage over time, which is the main weakness of this build.

- Because I don't use Iron Reflex, I don't use Grace. I don't use Purity of Elements either (it's very easy to cap your resists). My auras are Determination - Clarity - Discipline - Vitality - Arctic Armour - Purity of Ice.

- I am lazy so I don't use Orb of Storms. Instead I use CWDT linked with Ice Spear and Increased Critical Strikes Support to proc Elemental Overload and Elemental Equilibrium. CWDT is linked to flame golem as well.

- Against Shaper I use double Pyre ring for huge DPS boost. Just make sure you cap your resists at 75%.

In the Shaper fight, I stood still and tanked all of his slams. It was blocked most of the time, and even when it hit the damage was not that much (you have extra phys mitigation when standing still with Tukohama pantheon and Arctic Armour). The other benefits of standing still is you can maintain your SR stack on Shaper, and also after the slam you're right next to him so he won't cast his balls.

I didn't kill the adds from the portal and let them kill Zana. She will just recover in time for the bullet hell anyway, and even if she doesn't as long as you're surrounded by the adds and they're attacking you you can't really die to bullet hell with max block anyway, unless you're really unlucky.

I have done all rippy map mods, rippy guardian maps with extra health, extra crit, extra damage, less regen, etc., red map Elder with this build. Haven't attempted Uber Atziri and Chayula yet because of the cost, but I don't think there's a problem.

A general advice is when fighting big bosses, don't kill the adds. Let them swarm you and attack you so they can heal you with Aegis. This is especially true in Minotaur/Phoenix/Hydra and Shaper fight. Use Lightning Warp instead of Shield Charge so that you can teleport around at will.

Hey

I'm intrested in your variation if you could please link your PoB or tree?

Question though, wouldnt CWDT Ice spear with 2x Pyre give mobs fire resistance, with EE?

Also FACK ME I scored a good wand

186% dmg?!
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 9, 2018, 2:50:34 AM
"
Popoote wrote:
Hi man!

I was looking in some 3.1 Aegis build and saw yours, it looks great! I want to try it but probably with the Shavs version.

Anyways, I wanted to ask, there is any posibility to make another skill work with low nodes like you have? Because, let's face it, Scorchig Ray is poop for leveling and mapping.

It's possible, but you'd have to do a lot of experimenting to find out how to do it.

I've seen a few other builds that have low damage nodes, Essence Drain, Firestorm, and Mjonir by Rico. But, Firestorm and Mjonir use somewhat complicated ways to stack damage, that I don't fully understand so I can't give anyone advice on them. And Essence Drain has really bad single target boss damage.

So, right now it's a bit of a mixed bag of what skills we can use. Just need more testing. If all else fails, just being less tanky, at 6k ES life vs 9.5k ES will allow us to use practically all skills available to any class.

But again, you lose out on a lot of facetanking ability at 6k ES. And it'll just be a much weaker version of whatever build you are trying to use it for because of our lack of dps. Eh, it's really up to you.

I just like face-tanking everything and not worrying about anything at all. I remember not paying attention and I opened up a beyond boss. And I took a vaal corpse explosion to the face. That's 8 corpse explosions to my face and my entire screen exploded and I survived with like 500 ES left. And I'm like...woah. I could have died there, but I didn't. XD. Pretty good. Bwahaha.

"

186% dmg?!

Danm, lol.
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Jan 9, 2018, 9:39:08 AM
If I took Shaper, the life regen nodes leading to the jewel socket there, and Arsonist, I wonder if that is a acceptable alternative to going to Shadow area.

Not sure...

Trying to aim for Purity of Ice instead of Elements.
the gear I have waiting:

character name ( get this, name not taken! ) Mr Herbert. Tell me that's not a great Templar name.

Also, I like the idea of Ice Spike CWDT to proce EE,though I think Ball Lightning or something else would be better. Ice Spike procs EE it and SR will not so that's good. but does converting some cold to fire with Pyre rings mess with that?

I'm thinking of ditching one Pyre ring for a Unset ring with appropriate stats, for enduring cry, so I can do faster casting, less duration, lightning warp.

Open prefix for a little flat ES. Not ideal of course vs Intel but whatya do.

The only ( and I mean only) down side it appears to my plan, is no Fortify. But I honestly believe that won't matter.

I'm pretty sure this build can find a happy medium of clear speed, dps and immortality, which as you can see I'm aiming for XD

PS: I reccomend picking up a couple of Poet's Pens, cuz SR is complete ass while leveling.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 9, 2018, 11:16:59 PM
67 now. Not gonna lie, it's kinda awful. But it should get better with more levels /passives into dps. I say this mainly because of mobilty. I think I'm going to use Doryani's at 75 for shield charge.

Also I learned flat fire dmg doesnt work with SR :(
so picked up this

To go in my

Almost as good as a 5 exalt Crystal belt... I gotta draw the line there. Terrible resell value.

Also got

For my free jewel socket.

edit: 76, uber down ( hilariously easy, full key run), how do you get 9k+ ES? I'm at 5600....

Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 10, 2018, 4:05:53 PM
"

Hey

I'm intrested in your variation if you could please link your PoB or tree?

Question though, wouldnt CWDT Ice spear with 2x Pyre give mobs fire resistance, with EE?

186% dmg?!

Here is the POB of my build around the time I killed Shaper:

https://pastebin.com/MG3NvPYT

You need to switch the rings out and put double Pyre in, switch Death's Door with a good rare ES boot if you want.

Yeah CWDT with Ice Spear will probably give Shaper fire resist lol, I didn't even realize that. So you probably want to go with Orb of Storm instead.

Why do you craft added fire damage to your wand? That will mess up EE as well.

If you want decent ES you need to get a Clarity Watcher's Eye, though it's expensive as hell now and is getting nerfed soon.

The block chance is very important. Try to get as close to max block (75%) as possible. It's night and day between 50% and 70%, as you will see when running reduced block chance maps.
Last edited by chinhodado on Jan 10, 2018, 8:47:48 PM
"
chinhodado wrote:

Why do you craft added fire damage to your wand? That will mess up EE as well.

It came like that. Not like I'd want it that way. I'd want leo level 3 dmg over time.

But ya...I moved on to a Doryani's cuz mobility is complete ass with a wand.
"
chinhodado wrote:

The block chance is very important. Try to get as close to max block (75%) as possible. It's night and day between 50% and 70%, as you will see when running reduced block chance maps.

Oh, I know. I'm not noob so to speak. Though I feel like one rolling this build as it's kinda...bad.

Great for uber lab, terrible for mapping. Its just sooooooooooooo slow. You stop, spiiiiiin arouuuuuund with your gay ass beam, someone else woulda came along, oneshotted it all and moved on. But it is fun being semi immortal.

I'm at 75/75 now. Using a red nightmare and a watchers eye. Doesnt have mana gained as ES though. Even if it did, I don't see how anyone could reach no 9.5k ES. I'll be lucky to hit 7k by 90.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 10, 2018, 11:54:46 PM
"
I don't see how anyone could reach no 9.5k ES. I'll be lucky to hit 7k by 90.

It should be extremely easy to get 7k ES and 8k ES on a 15c budget. Just one ES ring will get you over 7k ES. 2 decent ES rings and a belt get you over 8k ES.

It's only when you try to get 9k ES that you'll need to be lvl 80+.

As for whether it's bad, ah pssh. It does just fine. It can do HoGM and Guardians and Shaper when I'm lagging, which gives it an A+ for me.

It's more of a build that does what other builds find impossible. Half the maps, I've done have just been helping people with their 8 mods twinned bosses that their clear speed build dies to instantly because the boss room is full of adds and they die in 1 hit because everything hits them.

That and I can do HoGM by lvl 75. I say its good. xd.

On that note, this reminds me when I was in Sarn Arena and there was like 8 people being peaceful trying to finish their quest and I mentioned I was unkillable to most builds. So, its easy for me to do the don't die for 3 mins in Sarn Arena Leo Quest. And like everyone in Sarn Arena was like. No way, you lying. Impossible.

And someone asked if they could attack me. And I'm like. Okay, go ahead. And he was like...danm! I do 1.5 million molten strike shaper dps and your health isn't even moving. Another person tried frostbomb with bladeflurry because he thought it was regen and he was like wut. It's not regen? wtf. lol.

And I'm like ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). baby don't hurt me.
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Jan 11, 2018, 7:29:32 AM
"
RPGlitch wrote:
on a 15c budget.

Oh come on man. A crystal belt with strength, flat armour, ES, resist/sis more than 15 chaos alone, ( remove the armour and you might find one for 15 chaos) a properly rolled ring or two depending on if you use one or two Pyres is more than 15 chaos. 15 chaos? I'm not talking about garbage to get started. I'm talking min maxing. You arent getting proper rings and a proper belt for 15 chaos total.

I'm 81 now with 6063 ES. I should hit 7k by 90. 9.5k ES is only happening with 2x rare rings and a very very nice belt.
I could ditch Death's door. but come on...15 chaos! Are we playing two different games? Not in PoEs market place.
"
RPGlitch wrote:
Just one ES ring will get you over 7k ES. 2 decent ES rings and a belt get you over 8k ES.

It's only when you try to get 9k ES that you'll need to be lvl 80+.

You're out of your mind. I mean, maybe if I took all the ES nodes and none of the DPS nodes. Even then, no. Just no. 9k ES aint happening till 90+.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 11, 2018, 6:42:03 PM
"
"
RPGlitch wrote:
on a 15c budget.

Oh come on man. A crystal belt with strength, flat armour, ES, resist/sis more than 15 chaos alone, ( remove the armour and you might find one for 15 chaos) a properly rolled ring or two depending on if you use one or two Pyres is more than 15 chaos. 15 chaos? I'm not talking about garbage to get started. I'm talking min maxing. You arent getting proper rings and a proper belt for 15 chaos total.

Well, I am talking about the starting gear. Budget gear is always gonna be worst. If you can get 7k ES on bad gear you should flying to the moon on amazing gear.

The starting rings, were 1-3c.

They had a bit resistance and low int, str. Belt was 1c because it had no resistance. I'm still using it. And armor was like 1c. Incandescent Heart. Vertex was like 6c. Shaper's Glove was 5c. It's cheaper now. So, probably even less. And my starting boot was about 4c.

4c for both rings, 6c Vertex. Gloves 5c. Armor 1c. Boot 4c. 1c amulet. That was 5c for my belt and rings. So, about 20c total. Which was about 7.2k ES at level 73. This was the same time as the Sarn Video in the link about 2-3 weeks ago.

Now, shaper's touch is about 1c. So, people would spend 16c for equipment to get 7k ES at lvl 70+ which is when you'd start mapping.

"

I'm 81 now with 6063 ES. I should hit 7k by 90. 9.5k ES is only happening with 2x rare rings and a very very nice belt.
I could ditch Death's door. but come on...15 chaos! Are we playing two different games? Not in PoEs market place.

Ah-ha! You are using death's door. Oh, I see what's happening here. Somebody, isn't exactly using ES gear. ha-ha. Yeah, a simple 150+ ES boot would fix this. You are right though, you can't get 9k ES with Death's Door until 90+ because death's door only has 76 ES. A ES boot would boost you over 7k ES much sooner.

"
RPGlitch wrote:
You're out of your mind. I mean, maybe if I took all the ES nodes and none of the DPS nodes. Even then, no. Just no. 9k ES aint happening till 90+.

9k ES is happening because it already happened, lol. I don't have to think about because I already got it before. Course, that's not with a budget, but that was in Harbringer League without Watcher's Jewel.

Man, give me your PoB. I'm fix this shenanigans.
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Jan 12, 2018, 10:41:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info