[3.2] 9k-11k ES, 60-100k Armor, CI Aegis Guardian (Shaper, HoGM, Rippy Map Mods)

"
RPGlitch wrote:

Well, I am talking about the starting gear. Budget gear is always gonna be worst. If you can get 7k ES on bad gear you should flying to the moon on amazing gear.

What lead you to think I'm wearing bad gear? I wasted a ton of currency on this build. I am wearing one Pyre ring, and Death's Door instead of ES rare boots. Still don't see how that equates to 2k less ES.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 12, 2018, 7:25:00 PM
"

What lead you to think I'm wearing bad gear? I wasted a ton of currency on this build. I am wearing one Pyre ring, and Death's Door instead of ES rare boots. Still don't see how that equates to 2k less ES.

Nothing lead me to think you were wearing bad gear. I'm talking about my starting gear. It was cheap and I was able to get 7k ES.

As for the ES the pyre ring vs an int/str ring is a 500-700k ES difference. An ES boot would also do the same, since you would double the ES value from 76 ES to 150+ ES. Which is another 500+ ES. So 7k-8k is normal for lvl 70-80. You can get 8k ES if you have a lot of early ES nodes.

To get 9k ES at 80+ you'd need Chayula's Presence or the Watcher's Jewel with %mana reserved as ES, either of these would add roughly 1k ES. None of these are budget, but 9k ES is doable before lvl 90. My last character only made it to lvl 94. And if I fixed the tree, it'd have 9.8k ES. (I was messing around with regen nodes). 4 nodes isn't really that much difference.

Of course, you sack damage when you equip an int/str ring, which is why I too use double pyre rings for mapping. But for bosses, I usually just take the dps hit and get the 500+ ES from a proper ring. Since, it helps with one-shots.

(⌐■_■)
I like the build so, after years of telling my girlfriend i would make a support to play with her, i decided to make one based on the core build here. She's not a speed clear machine and plays a melee zerk with reave/BF/cyclone at times, so the core idea behind the build was "how to make her as survivable as possible" rather than "how to spam vaults every 2mn", to make sure we can do red maps and high tier content at her pace while rolling shitty mods and challenging stuff.

No point doing a full dps support, so i thought going for a support/tank approach was worth a shot... and it came out much better than i expected, so i'm gonna share it there as a variant of the build in case it can be useful to someone else.

I tried various setups, it runs 10-11 auras, with capped block/spell block, 82/87/82 res, 58K armour, and brings the 35sec aoe fortify, one curse, vaal haste and endurance charges sharing while still getting a solid amount of ES (up to 7K+, depends how you tweak it).

Base investment was about 200c at lvl 70 (most of it being the Shavronne, 20% gems, fancy rolls on boots and gloves and rolling a 5% reduced mana amulet: you can probably cut that to 100c or less with current market and not being as dumb as me trying to craft the amulet), from that point i only died once up to lvl 93 (an early death to a buffed map Argus with poison on hit before i got poison immunity), with 5,7K ES i could run all content already (guardians, red elder) with no need to run around like a screaming schoolgirl. I only updated the gear at lvl 93.

The build is basically made to rush in first, take most of the hits (letting the other player focus on dps), taunt mobs on me while cursing them and spamming Vaal Haste/keeping the Fortify up. It's actually very effective at that and can facetank almost everything, keeping the mobs in a tight spot for added security and less harm to everyone else.

Latest version with a bit more investment features a weapon swap for a mini dps variant, with a 20K scorching ray as i missed that a few times. It should allow me to finish (slowly but surely) some mobs here and there, or even not waste a map if we run out of portals for some reason on a hard encounter, so i removed a few defense points to get a bit more dps.

Here's the paste bin:

https://pastebin.com/bPpQi9Gi

Character is public on my account if you want to check without importing, name: IncreasedPizzaSupport

Gear ideas:

Jewels: Conqueror's efficiency, the Vigil, 5x Reckless defense, 1 Watcher's eye.

The Watcher's eye can be ignite/shock immune (cheap version), any of those + reduced mana cost with clarity, or reduced cost + block for the more expensive version and getting rid of the claw.

Going for a 5% reduced mana reserved amulet instead of Chayula brings a 11th aura (vitality or blasphemy something) but i found that not too useful in our case. I'm pretty sure you could get hatred in there with Enlighten 4/an enchant on the helm, but not worth the cost for me, same with purities lvl 21 to get one more max res.

My current setup includes a weapon switch for the dps version of scorching ray (SR/burning dmg/efficacy in the Doon), with a single vigilant strike + flame dash + whatever in the shield, probably orb of storms to proc EE once i get it.

The core idea is to keep my main weapons most of the time to curse with CwC and have the group goodies, but if for some reason i'm alone i can swap to the secondary set and slowly finish a few mobs or clear some abyssal worms while she's looting. Of course i'm not gonna run entire maps alone.

I also have 2 free slots on the gloves, unsure yet what will go there, maybe a cwdt setup or some random utility spell. The vulnerability curse is for a bit of a dps boost as she has mostly physical dmg, i plan to try Ele weakness soon so i can swap to Enfeeble when needed.

Also to note that with blood magic, it's a very poor support for ES characters. It was not designed at all to support ES and doesn't have the guardian boost as a result, with the current life meta i found no need for the mana => ES boost and getting more auras without Prism Guardian is much better to me.

That's it, i hope it can help someone or give some ideas. It's definitely more fun than i expected to play a nearly immortal support, and that build is pretty good at keeping someone else alive even through various mistakes. Ideal for a duo when being able to tank and position mobs has more value than a bit more dps and buffs.

Last edited by Axylxys on Jan 14, 2018, 2:33:36 AM
glitch quick Q mate, how were u dealing with stun on the ci astrimentis build?
"
glitch quick Q mate, how were u dealing with stun on the ci astrimentis build?

Guardian ascendancy sorts out your stun problems
Got EU PVP rank 3 today with only Level 73 lol.
Is there any alternative skills you can use for clearing?
Just testing on STD my Aegis build but this time with 6L, so here we go:

Shaper Deathless 10min

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Hey, firstly: thanks for the build. As a complete new player this type of build appealed a lot to me. Although I messed it up a lot along the way, now the build is starting to shine.

What is the second curse you add to gems according to the 2 curse build?

Secondly, as I have just started mapping, any advice on how to cope with poison. Poison is the only thing that quickly catches me of guard. Till I have more Orb to buy Boots and Head that you recommend, do you have alternatives in mind?

Lastly, I'm using decoy totem till my enlighten supports activate (for the other auras) would you say that is a smart way or some other way till I get more ES and armor?
Last edited by PoseiD0m on Feb 8, 2018, 7:28:07 AM
I'm not the build creator but I'll give you my two cents:

"
What is the second curse you add to gems according to the 2 curse build?

The second curse comes from Witchfire Brew flask not gems.

"
Secondly, as I have just started mapping, any advice on how to cope with poison. Poison is the only thing that quickly catches me of guard

As with burning and bleeding, attention to your health and quick use of removal/immunity flasks is the best way. You can also get poison immunity on the Shakari minor pantheon by capturing a map boss (don't recall which one).

"
Till I have more Orb to buy Boots and Head that you recommend, do you have alternatives in mind?

The suggested helm and boots are really just QoL and aren't required for the build though they are definitely worth getting when you can. In the mean time you can never go wrong with Health, resists and any stat increases you might need on rares.

"
Lastly, I'm using decoy totem till my enlighten supports activate (for the other auras) would you say that is a smart way or some other way till I get more ES and armor?

Perfectly reasonable though at some point the decoy totem becomes more trouble than it's worth as it rarely lasts long.
Last edited by kd7svh on Feb 14, 2018, 8:26:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info