[3.3] League starter, pure physical Slayer Cyclone (Do Shaper with Kondo/ ISC UberElder down)

Just to comment on the Ruthless section of your response, this is from Mark:

"
Ruthless was never meant to work with cyclone or channelled skills, because it's function only makes sense in the context of skills where the number of hits per skill use is constant (although not necessarily 1:1 - see Double Strike). This is also (one of) the reasons Multistrike also can't support Cyclone - it's attack speed is based around countering the "lock in" of repeating the skill, and thus the behaviour of the gem overall doesn't work in that case because Cyclone seperates those two properties.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7hu6wm/content_update_31_patch_notes/dqu8il6/?context=3

Looking forward to your 3.1 changes, I want to run this as a league starter. :)
"
Kaysick wrote:
Just to comment on the Ruthless section of your response, this is from Mark:

"
Ruthless was never meant to work with cyclone or channelled skills, because it's function only makes sense in the context of skills where the number of hits per skill use is constant (although not necessarily 1:1 - see Double Strike). This is also (one of) the reasons Multistrike also can't support Cyclone - it's attack speed is based around countering the "lock in" of repeating the skill, and thus the behaviour of the gem overall doesn't work in that case because Cyclone seperates those two properties.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7hu6wm/content_update_31_patch_notes/dqu8il6/?context=3

Looking forward to your 3.1 changes, I want to run this as a league starter. :)

Thx for the information. But how cyclone work with ruthless currently totally make sense for me (3rd "usage" of the skill, rather than 3rd hit). Sad to know that GGG was never intended for Ruthless to work for Cyclone.
Last edited by Drosophila on Dec 6, 2017, 11:35:08 AM
We can use bloodlust for Cyclone instead ruthless and chance to bleed in totem to proc bleeding for bosses, because u don't need ruthless for trash, i kill minotaur whitout ruthless and increased area of effect (i forgot change increased quantity and aoe)
Last edited by pierodt on Dec 6, 2017, 2:05:13 PM
"
pierodt wrote:
We can use bloodlust for Cyclone instead ruthless and chance to bleed in totem to proc bleeding for bosses, because u don't need ruthless for trash, i kill minotaur whitout ruthless and increased area of effect (i forgot change increased quantity and aoe)

yep, I mentioned that in my comments about 3.1 patchnote. But I don't like Chance to Bleed for 2H weapon, the add-phy-dmg for my character give only about 15% more dmg even when using Kondor (With starforge is even less, ~10%more), which sacrifice a lot of totem dmg.

The new Vulnerability give 30% chance to bleed at 20lv, I think that may be enough for consistent bleeding proc if you have good attack speed.
Last edited by Drosophila on Dec 7, 2017, 5:22:15 AM
How this build will work as lab farmer with this changes in ascendacy and VP? Can we still ignore traps cuz of overleech or this will change?
"
NaneLz wrote:
How this build will work as lab farmer with this changes in ascendacy and VP? Can we still ignore traps cuz of overleech or this will change?

Not gonna lie, but I think cyclone will be worse for Lab running in 3.1 compare to 3.0, at least at early league which your dmg is still not too high.

Loss of Ruthless in Cyclone does have impact on the leech duration for us, since Ruthless provide high dmg bonus making the leech duration from Ruthless blow stay very long even for cyclone. Meaning that the leech effect will run-out faster for us in 3.1, unless you use Writhing Jar to overkill the worms (Should still give leech duration ~10 secs even with Kondo's Pride and 5L cyclone), but the Jar would probably cost a lot more in early 3.1 league since many people will start as Slayer as well after the VP change.

I probably won't take VP too early until late game maps in 3.1 (Loss of normal regen would be problematic if your dmg is not good enough to sustain a long leech duration). I think 26-29% Max leech with normal life regen plus Arakaali pantheon will be sufficient for early/mid game contents like Uber lab. But that's all just based on my calculation.
Last edited by Drosophila on Dec 7, 2017, 8:04:53 AM
I wonder if we will be able to right click the bloodrage buff to dismiss it now. It's been bugged for a long time.
https://puu.sh/yBwfE/baa910368c.jpg

ggg and their balance (no)
even if str mod like that exists, melee still have to get in range where they can be oneshot (thanks for that ggg, cos ye, you know, we decided that too many still play melee and increased trash mobs/bosses damage even more)
oh and right, who cares that some may not want to convert their damage and run brutality, we are ggg we tell you what and how to play! AND DON'T FORGET TO PAY US!

Sry, but idk, this is beyond wishing to eliminate any melee from the game.
"
V1ht3p41n wrote:
https://puu.sh/yBwfE/baa910368c.jpg

ggg and their balance (no)
even if str mod like that exists, melee still have to get in range where they can be oneshot (thanks for that ggg, cos ye, you know, we decided that too many still play melee and increased trash mobs/bosses damage even more)
oh and right, who cares that some may not want to convert their damage and run brutality, we are ggg we tell you what and how to play! AND DON'T FORGET TO PAY US!

Sry, but idk, this is beyond wishing to eliminate any melee from the game.

If you get oneshot, you fucked up, not GGG.
Have you guys tested links in 3.1? Any other updates to the guide with the new patch?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info