[3.3] League starter, pure physical Slayer Cyclone (Do Shaper with Kondo/ ISC UberElder down)

lvl 51 in act 6 part 2. used some random melee skills until i got cyclone + blasphemy + warlord
used devouring totem in the beginning before i got warchief to help sustain life and mana.
used white two handers, one blue recipe weapon, one yellow 1 alch axe and now this chober chaber.

items
Spoiler

skills
Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 10, 2017, 9:56:09 AM
"
m0onknight wrote:
Have you guys tested links in 3.1? Any other updates to the guide with the new patch?

Done some testing, currently Lv81, progress is at T8 maps, 2 trials remain for UberLab.

Most of the leveling remain the same, but the abyss mobs speed it up tremendously(Ether on experiences or gear acquirement). I only buy Kondo and 5L armor from other, rest of the gears are from farming.

I replace Ruthless with Dmg on Full Life at 5L for Cyclone (You can also use AOE/Conc as 5L). Dmg on Full Life may have consistency issue if you are running high tier maps with very hard mods, but for me the dmg boost feel significant and consistent at T8 maps currently.

I grab both Hematophagy and Vitality Void at around Lv70 when start mapping. Vaal Pact is not required for early contents (before red maps), it actually feels uncomfortable if I take VP too early (Leech duration is too short to replace normal regen without good dmg), probably will take VP after UberLab or getting 6L.

However Taiwan server will update to 3.1 in 2 days, so I would just stop my progression here and switch back to Taiwan server. Maybe others trying this build can give some feedback. (I open up my profile if you want to use as reference)
I would still update it after I finish end game contents with this build in Taiwan server.
Last edited by Drosophila on Dec 10, 2017, 10:11:28 AM
For the sixth support gem:

Bloodlust adds 58% total dps
Dmg on full life adds 48% dps

After those there is a gap.

Faster attacks adds 13% dps
Chance to bleed adds 10% dps

I also think dmg on full life is the best. Replacing that with bloodlust for the hardest bosses provided the warchief is there to apply bleed.

Even if it's only up half the time attacking or less it should still be more dps than the other choices.
Endurance charge on melee stun is another option for players focused on mapping and extra safety.

Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 10, 2017, 12:10:14 PM
This build is going very well so far! Melee Damage on Full Life is great.

Since you've taken vitality void, what would be your updated level 90 tree?
What would be a decent unique body armour? Im already capped on reistancs with a tabula
"
shinyzee wrote:
What would be a decent unique body armour? Im already capped on reistancs with a tabula

A belly of the beast would work great for the extra life. Could also use Gruthkul's Pelt, Carcass Jack.
"
m0onknight wrote:
This build is going very well so far! Melee Damage on Full Life is great.

Since you've taken vitality void, what would be your updated level 90 tree?

something like this: www.poeurl.com/bFxi
A bit lacking on Int(need 111 for Conc/AOE), but Dex is sufficient with Devoto as helm.

I take VP after finishing UberLab. Vitality Void + Hematophagy with Arakaali pantheon(need upgrade) feels sufficient for contents before red maps.

"
Kodalic wrote:
"
shinyzee wrote:

A belly of the beast would work great for the extra life. Could also use Gruthkul's Pelt, Carcass Jack.

I still like 6L rare Astral the most as budget choice, it can give more resist to lessen the resistant pressure from your other gears, so you can get more life & offence stats from other slots, which also save a lot of currency for you (Since low resist/no crit/no WED ammy are usually very cheap on the market).

I check at your profile, you only cap resistance because you use multiple slots with no/low life but only resistance.

However if budget is not concerned, I would suggest Belly for versatility (Also very easy to sell if you don't want it anymore). It give the most life and some resist, while don't have severe drawback like Koam or Gruthkul's. Carcass Jack would be bit too costly for colorization.

Last edited by Drosophila on Dec 11, 2017, 1:34:57 PM
I just wanted to thank you for giving me a great base to start this new league. For the first time, I did not die to most things, even Kitava both times. (Save for a couple of unavoidable things like Innocence casting lightning orb directly on top of me instantly killing me with full health...*rolls eyes*). Still working on getting this mana issue down. Probably holding onto Cyclone too long.

With a few minor changes with this patch... its even more fun than when I was trying to practice in preparation for this patch. I used the new vulnerability instead of herald of ash when blasphemy became available. I like how open ended you left it to allow for personal preferences.

A side note. New belts seem to be better than Belt of Deceiver. What kind of aybssal gems should I be looking for? AS, Attack %, and/or all resist?

Again, Thanks.
"
FaIinMor wrote:

A side note. New belts seem to be better than Belt of Deceiver. What kind of aybssal gems should I be looking for? AS, Attack %, and/or all resist?

Again, Thanks.

With very good abyss jewel probably yes. But Belt of Deceiver would be better on dmg still until very late game which you have godlike jewel (new abyss unique Tombfist also give Intimidate effect on hit, could potentially replace Deceiver belt for attack builds in late game.)

The best 4 affix abyss jewel for me would probably look like this:

Prefix: +Maxlife
Prefix: Add phys dmg to sword
Suffix: Chance to blind enemy on attack (Basically would be permanent on boss for Cyclone)
Suffix: +Attack speed/ Inc. dmg if killed recently
Last edited by Drosophila on Dec 12, 2017, 12:53:24 AM
concerning abyss jewels, you can actually roll "increased damage if killed recently" on them, which I would assume is one of the roles we'd want on this build since we have Writhing Jar. Check my abyss character, the jewel in my belt is actually really good, excluding the damage over time, but even that isn't terrible vs bosses.

I got really lucky and naturally found the devotion helm and my kondo's pride. Also found a decent budget chest, but I really need to get a 5 link or 6 link somewhere. been spamming my fusings on my chest but it hasn't even 5L'd once yet.

I've been up to tier 8 so far with what I have, no issues at all with my build, which doesn't have VP or vitality void. The removal of reflect from monsters has made avoiding it easy enough. I'll hold off on going for those, but if I feel like I need them then ill work towards them and rework my tree a bit like the one you posted.

I'd love advice on what to improve in terms of items. I know my Topaz Ring isn't great, my gloves are meh, and my boots are also meh.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info