[3.3] League starter, pure physical Slayer Cyclone (Do Shaper with Kondo/ ISC UberElder down)

"
biggians wrote:

I'd love advice on what to improve in terms of items. I know my Topaz Ring isn't great, my gloves are meh, and my boots are also meh.

Just take look a bit about your profile. You have a very good amount of life, but resist is lacking(no lightning cap). The boots should be the easiest one to upgrade, any rare Two-Toned Boots with MS% and some resist should easily beat yours.

Upgrading your jewels would help a lot without costing too much, two of your jewels are blue, with only total 1 affix (the atk speed%) being helpful for you, which is hardly worth the passives to get those sockets.

You can get ele-resistance from jewels, which solve a lot of problems before you get good rare gears. And those jewels cost almost nothing because people usually don't want resists on jewels (unless they also have Life% /Summoner related mods on it). Just remember to take resist from jewels into consideration when upgrading your gears in the future (using POB to plan your characters help a lot), because you would still want jewels with all offensive stats or life% in end game.

And you should have Leap Slam linked with Blood Magic, so your movement skill won't compete with Cyclone on mana usage. By doing this, you would be able to use Grace/Haste instead of AA.

For the flask set up, using one utility flask (Recommend Stibnite, it's the easiest one to sustain during mapping, and the blind is very helpful) with curse removal would allow you to run all the curse map mods with 0 issues, which is huge because those mods also give huge bonus on quantity and mob density.

And good luck on linking the chest, although I think collecting "The Celestial Justicar" and craft it by yourself would probably cost less.
Thanks for the build! Just killed Shaper with a few deaths. Should've leveled the Purity of Ice for him but I completely forgot about it. Died a good amount here and there but I loved it. Best Cyclone build I've ever played.

If you want to see my char its "KaysickLikesToSpin"

Sup guys. Started the league with this build and it was pretty smooth. Here's what im using. I used this to kill The Elder so far and have done T15s with it. 140/157 Atlas.

106k Cyclone tooltip with golem out and auras (Haste and Vuln)

Level 91 -- Haven't used Vaal Pact because I run Uber Lab a lot for 15% cyclone enchant. Not sure if it's needed for bosses or not. (Uber Atziri / Shaper)

EDIT: Killed shaped, went in with 111k cyclone tooltip, golem+auras. 7245 life.
Last edited by tyrusxl on Dec 13, 2017, 11:30:19 PM
"
Kaysick wrote:
Thanks for the build! Just killed Shaper with a few deaths. Should've leveled the Purity of Ice for him but I completely forgot about it. Died a good amount here and there but I loved it. Best Cyclone build I've ever played.

Glad to know that the build is still Shaper viable with budget gears.
I notice that you didn't take new VP.
Were you able to out-leech the Shaper Vortex DOT effect with just Arakaali?
I also need this info since 3.1 was only just started in Taiwan Garena server.
Last edited by Drosophila on Dec 13, 2017, 4:05:44 AM
"
tyrusxl wrote:
Sup guys. Started the league with this build and it was pretty smooth. Here's what im using. I used this to kill The Elder so far and have done T15s with it. 140/157 Atlas.

106k Cyclone tooltip with golem out and auras (Haste and Vuln)

Level 91 -- Haven't used Vaal Pact because I run Uber Lab a lot for 15% cyclone enchant. Not sure if it's needed for bosses or not. (Uber Atziri / Shaper)

For helm enchant, keep in mind that Lightning Golem buff and Blood Rage buff are also very good(13.5% & 12%), and the atk speed % from those is global, so it boost both your cyclone as well as your totem and leap slam (I actually prefer these two than cyclone specific enchant).

And very impressive gears at this stage of the game, especially those jewels, almost perfect for this build.
Last edited by Drosophila on Dec 13, 2017, 4:31:17 AM
Hello! Thought I would also mention the success your build has brought me. It's been incredibly smooth to level with, and I'm now at 102/157 atlas completion at level 91. Haven't gotten to the Shaper yet, but I'm methodically working my way through the entire atlas. I've completed all the yellow tier elder guardians and elder himself deathless on first attempt. All the content I've come across so far has been more or less trivial and I've reached up to tier 14 so far with no signs of slowing down. While I'm playing this in softcore, I'd think that it would be hardcore viable without a problem.

I give this build high recommendations to anyone looking for a reliable cyclone build!

If anyone wants to give me suggestions for improvements, my character name is Ghestad in my profile.
Last edited by IrradiatedFish on Dec 13, 2017, 7:37:06 AM
"
Drosophila wrote:
"
Kaysick wrote:

Glad to know that the build is still Shaper viable with budget gears.
I notice that you didn't take new VP.
Were you able to out-leech the Shaper Vortex DOT effect with just Arakaali?
I also need this info since 3.1 was only just started in Taiwan Garena server.

If I remember correctly I believe I was able to outleech, but if I wasn't able to I wasn't taking enough DoT damage for it to be noticeable. Wasn't able to facetank Shaper beam obviously but I just moved out of the way and let Arakaali soul proc for the increased life leech.
"
Drosophila wrote:

Just take look a bit about your profile. You have a very good amount of life, but resist is lacking(no lightning cap). The boots should be the easiest one to upgrade, any rare Two-Toned Boots with MS% and some resist should easily beat yours.

Derp, forgot my jewels suck AND can fix my light res. Depending on when you checked my profile, my light res might have been a lot lower than it actually is. I bought a new ring but swapping off my old topaz one dropped my light res to 67%. I intend to fix that with jewels and/or better boots.

I'm being stubborn with the chest. The life roll isn't fantastic but I really want to get my own 6L this league for the achievement. I might buy another astral plate with good rolls, 6S it and try to 6L it later so I don't have to keep messing with the one I'm wearing.

Bought a 5L kondo's pride for half what they were normally going for on POEtrade yesterday, so that was good.

To the guy who suggested bloodlust, It should be a DPS improvement against hard bosses but otherwise a bad choice. Linking it to cyclone won't help when we don't have the warchief to proc bleeding, and we won't be summoning him to kill trash mobs. Cyclone won't proc bleeding through vuln aura if you link bloodlust to it, so damage on full life should be better almost always.
Hey currently following this guide for my first cyclone character and having a lot of fun. Thanks for the guide. I was planning to collect Celestial Justicar cards however dropped a Kaom's today so I think I will use it instead and upgraded some other gear. Just wanted to ask how far my current gear can carry me. I am planning to upgrade my weapon (4l Kondo's lul),buy some jewels and get some decent flasks.
"
Caunoss wrote:
Hey currently following this guide for my first cyclone character and having a lot of fun. Thanks for the guide. I was planning to collect Celestial Justicar cards however dropped a Kaom's today so I think I will use it instead and upgraded some other gear. Just wanted to ask how far my current gear can carry me. I am planning to upgrade my weapon (4l Kondo's lul),buy some jewels and get some decent flasks.

Your current gears are very well balanced for a starting character. With 5L you should do red maps just fine.
However I don't like Koam because it limit a lot of utility on your link skill. For example you don't have room to put in CwDt-IC to proc Arakaali in your current setup (You can sacrifice some totem dmg to put that in, or sacrifice FA-BM on LeapSlam). But maybe the bonus health from Koam is enough to compensate, it's up to personal taste.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info