[3.3] League starter, pure physical Slayer Cyclone (Do Shaper with Kondo/ ISC UberElder down)

"
wdzh92yoyo wrote:
hello, thanks for the build

im not sure if it is worth to get the iron reflex,

for my curren things, i have 10253 armors with 45% melee reduction with grace activated,

15653 armors with 56% melee reduction while lion's roar and grace, im also using basalt flask

but my evade chance is only 5% in this setup

is this setup worth using? or should i get rid of iron relfex ?

also, for mana, after vulnerable aura + grace, i only have 90 mana left, is there anyway i can fix it? it's fine for clearing mobs, but for boss fight if i use warchief or use blood rage, i will run of of mana

thanks in advance, really appreciate this build!

if you have some free time , I apprciate if you can quick glance over my character in profile and give me some advices to improve it, thanks ! [im not sure how to post my gears in forum]

1. If it work for you, there is no reason to change. Only you should know that "Armor" and "Evasion" have their own weakness and strength.

2. Get a bit of flat mana on your gear, or you can just link a Enlighten (no need for Lv4) to your aura setup, that should solve the problem.

3. Your character profile is locked, I have no way to access it.

Last edited by Drosophila on Jul 7, 2018, 2:44:44 AM
"
Drosophila wrote:
"
wdzh92yoyo wrote:

for my curren things, i have 10253 armors with 45% melee reduction with grace activated,

15653 armors with 56% melee reduction while lion's roar and grace, im also using basalt flask

also, for mana, after vulnerable aura + grace, i only have 90 mana left, is there anyway i can fix it? it's fine for clearing mobs, but for boss fight if i use warchief or use blood rage, i will run of of mana

if you have some free time , I apprciate if you can quick glance over my character in profile and give me some advices to improve it, thanks ! [im not sure how to post my gears in forum]

1. If it work for you, there is no reason to change. Only you should know that "Armor" and "Evasion" have their own weakness and strength.

2. Get a bit of flat mana on your gear, or you can just link a Enlighten (no need for Lv4) to your aura setup, that should solve the problem.

thank you for reply

I'll try enlighten later when I get enough currency

also I unlocked my profile

"
wdzh92yoyo wrote:
"
Drosophila wrote:
"
wdzh92yoyo wrote:

thank you for reply

I'll try enlighten later when I get enough currency

also I unlocked my profile

Gears looks OK, but resist is a bit tight because Slayer require higher gear level to support the Mark of Elder ring setup (Scion can get bunch easy resists from passives and helmet slot).
Due to resist pressure you are forced to use your current belt, which is just a resist filler and losing too much flat life from a belt slot.
You can get some resist heavy jewel for the empty jewel socket, and upgrade your belt to a lether or Stygian with high life and some resist to cap. (Stygian would also give a jewel slot to fill out some resist/life through abyss jewel)

Also try out stipnite instead of sulfur flask, even with Iron Reflex, blinded enemy still have 50% miss chance to you (also 50% less chance to crit you).
Accuracy/Evasion system is not random in this game, if an enemy have 50% hit chance, it will always hit 1 attack and miss the next, allowing you to leech back up during the miss.
An abyss jewel with blind chance also work wonder for cyclone, and can potentially replace stipnite.

And for the links, I encourage you to try out Vaal Double Strike, use it with totem on your second 6Link (Totem-VDS-Brutality-Bloodlust-MeleePhys-Ruthless). It work very smooth with cyclone once you learn how to time it against bosses, and can cheese many encounters through shear burst damage (which cyclone lacks).

Last edited by Drosophila on Jul 7, 2018, 3:53:24 AM
removed?
Last edited by Ompalicious on Jul 11, 2018, 1:09:02 PM
Hello my DPS is very low compared to your path of building link. 55k vs 170k

Can you please look at my char in Incursion league and see what I'm missing?
"
Zarozz wrote:
Hello my DPS is very low compared to your path of building link. 55k vs 170k

Can you please look at my char in Incursion league and see what I'm missing?

Just checked your profile, you have 100K effective dps against shaper "when on full life".

This damage should be fine for map clearing until about T13.

Get more life on gears and passives, it will increase the consistency of "Dmg on Full Life" as well (it make you recover faster after taking damage so the "DPS downtime" is shorter or even eliminated, since the amount of leech is calculated as percentage of your max life), 4.5K life is very low for this type of character.

Get a lion's roar and Writhing Jar in flask setup.

Get a Deceiver belt to replace "The Magate", it have more life and more damage because of the Intimidate debuff.

Prioritize scaling atk speed% from jewels, it have much greater impact on your DPS, and 3 stat jewels at this stage of league should be dirt cheap.

Use a Vaal Double Strike setup as I mentioned in the guide (with totem), it is very useful in taking down incursion architects and map bosses that don't have immunity phase, you just have to practice a bit about timing.
Last edited by Drosophila on Jul 25, 2018, 1:22:23 AM
Hi Droso, do you think elder +crit chance chest is required for the crit version? I tried theory crafting a slayer/raider crit version and ended up with something like 42% crit chance with flask. I've never played melee crit before but wanted to give it a go for flashback, so any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Edit: Nvm, found your scion guide and it has the crit version :p
IGN: KIRENO
Last edited by Kireno on Aug 2, 2018, 3:08:10 PM
Just read the guide and even if I haven't tried it yet I feel like it's the one for me during this flashback league since the last league I played cyclone arc mjlölner build and wanted to try another cyclone build.

the guide that you have written looks amazing nice information and I like that you have so much info and boss tips. I really need boss tips! I can't wait until the league will start so I can start this.
i use this built now i was using blood magic and essence worm for the auras (lvl 23 haste +1 move. speed and lvl 23 purity of ice +1 max res.) ,i will use the herald of purity for the next league but is worth?

"
pierodt wrote:
i use this built now i was using blood magic and essence worm for the auras (lvl 23 haste +1 move. speed and lvl 23 purity of ice +1 max res.) ,i will use the herald of purity for the next league but is worth?

I think it should fit well. Grace with move speed watcher's eye is another option for a nice balance between speed and survivability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info