[3.3] League starter, pure physical Slayer Cyclone (Do Shaper with Kondo/ ISC UberElder down)

Yes,retch damage works like reflected damage,so it works with brutality gem
yes, multiple inspired learnings stack. they both steal buffs. it only displays one in your bar, but you get one buff for each jewel.

i use the retch only for the flask duration and movement speed
@op possible you can make that Ascendant version guide on scion section for incursions plx <3
If Kondo's is a league starter, what weapons could I shoot for as I gained more currency?

I realize Atziri's Disfavour is probably the best, but what are some better than Kondo's but worse than Atziri options?
"
Azrilkai wrote:
@op possible you can make that Ascendant version guide on scion section for incursions plx <3

Will probably wait for the 3.3 patch note.

"
If Kondo's is a league starter, what weapons could I shoot for as I gained more currency?

I realize Atziri's Disfavour is probably the best, but what are some better than Kondo's but worse than Atziri options?

I personally think Starforge is the best for Pure-phys (with Brutality). Disfavour is best if you also scale elemental dmg through Aura and equipments.

Kondo is a very cost-efficient weapon, since you don't get too much %dmg scaling from tree and gears during early level, the 50% inc. dmg can be very impactful for singletarget. A high-rolled Doomsower can probably beat it, but the difference is not very much. I usually get Kondo at the start of mapping, and use it all the way until I farm my Starforge.

Apart from Doomsower, Kitava's Feast and Kongor are also good choice for replacement.
Last edited by Drosophila on May 22, 2018, 7:32:55 AM
@OP thanks for the great guide and all the tips! Definitely a league starter and end game viable.

Took a while for me to collect the fragments solo but first try on shaper then uber atziri and took them down no problem. Shaper 2 death from slam and Uber 3 death from flameblast.

Uber atziri is much harder as OP mentioned and really its about avoiding the flameblast in the main/split phase. Leap away then reengage when its gone, slayer leech can keep us alive even if we get hit by lightning or spears.

For lvling, I used tabula + unlinked kondo (both dropped for me early) then upgraded to kaom's + 5L kondo, which basically is good enough for the red maps I had at that time T12-T13.

Current gear at lvl 94, sitting at 6.7K hp, 137K HO dps no buffs.

IGN: KIRENO
This will be my League Starter for Incursion - can't wait to try this!
"
Azrilkai wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2150910

Not really a incursion version guide yet, since I can't tell what new things can be incorporated into the build for now (I don't have much hope for Vaal cyclone since it stay the same dumb mechanics), but most of the build remain unchanged, I just remove the Bestiary related things like Aspect of Spider and rewrite it with Ascendant as focus.

Will update this guide later as well, since some information here is also outdated.
Last edited by Drosophila on May 31, 2018, 5:24:42 PM
Have they fixed vaal cyclone bug yet? If you pulled some frost bearers it was game over.
"
kompaniet wrote:
Have they fixed vaal cyclone bug yet? If you pulled some frost bearers it was game over.

you still can't cancel the vaal cyclone status earlier.

It's more like a shitty design of the vaal skill inherently, which get no rework despite this is a vaal expansion. I would go for Lv21 Cyclone still, the +1 range is much useful than Vaal cyclone.

I'm currently testing the Vaal Double Strike by including VDS with totem in the same link setup (Totem-VDS-Brutality-Bloodlust-MeleePhys), since cyclone proc. bleed reliably enough by itself. This reduce your totem dmg by one link, but give you a very strong burst against bosses. And VDS is a fire-and-forget skill, you can still cyclone, leech and dodge during VDS duration.
Last edited by Drosophila on Jun 7, 2018, 7:11:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info