[3.0]League starter, Pure physical Slayer Cyclone (Shaper/Uber killed with Kondo's Pride)

"
Ok i got some questions.
First:should i use punishment over vuln?(it gives more dps in pob if im not doing anything wrong.
Second:What kind of content can i do with this gear?(still have to get 1 jewel socket and golem setup)


Punishment is far-worse for consistency, since it required the cursed enemy to hit you with melee attack first to give you the buff(which only last 4 sec). Shaper seldom hit you with melee attack and the best DPS timing is during his beam attack. While Azitiri don't even have any melee attack. Nobody use punishment for a reason(it can't even be swapped with Vuln/Enfeeble since it's red.)

If you get POB links on your character it would be easier to judge.

DMG should be more than enough with Starforge and 6 Link cyclone(and plz replace Chance to Bleed with MeleePhys on Totem). As long as you have decent life pool/capped resist and understand the boss fight.

If I have these level of gear, I can confidently do any contents in this game currently (maybe not Hall of Grand Master without swapping gems, since CWS block builds would wrecked Cycloner).
Last edited by Drosophila on Nov 6, 2017 6:11:21 AM
OK ty! <3(also i just found out that punishment requires YOU to get hit, not you to hit xd)
UPD:so maybe i can use punishment for uberlab?
"
Completed 11 ChallengesDrosophila wrote:
"
Ok i got some questions.
First:should i use punishment over vuln?(it gives more dps in pob if im not doing anything wrong.
Second:What kind of content can i do with this gear?(still have to get 1 jewel socket and golem setup)
<3


Punishment is far-worse for consistency, since it required the cursed enemy to hit you with melee attack first to give you the buff(which only last 4 sec). Shaper seldom hit you with melee attack and the best DPS timing is during his beam attack. While Azitiri don't even have any melee attack. Nobody use punishment for a reason.

If you get POB links on your character it would be easier to judge.

DMG should be more than enough with Starforge and 6 Link cyclone(and plz replace Chance to Bleed with MeleePhys on Totem). As long as you have decent life pool and understand the boss fight.

If I have these level of gear, I can confidently do any contents in this game currently (maybe not Hall of Grand Master without swapping gems, since CWS block builds would wrecked Cycloner).
Last edited by onionwarrior on Nov 6, 2017 5:38:06 AM
I have a mana problem. Using Vulnerability and haste at the same time, my mana does away with a few cyclones, do you know how to solve it?
"
Completed 8 ChallengesFummon wrote:
I have a mana problem. Using Vulnerability and haste at the same time, my mana does away with a few cyclones, do you know how to solve it?


I have check your profile, and you seem to lack any source of mana leech?
You can get mana leech from Jewel/Glove/ring/amulet.

Jewel is the most convenient, since it usually don't affect your resist, so no gear upgrading required.
But for endgame optimization, it's best to get it on glove since most prefix of gloves are useless to us
and you can master-craft it (While prefix slot on jewel can give life% or high atk speed%)

Any amount of mana leech is sufficient, as long as you are not cycloning without hitting things for too long.
Last edited by Drosophila on Nov 7, 2017 12:22:15 AM
"
Completed 11 ChallengesDrosophila wrote:
"
Completed 8 ChallengesFummon wrote:
I have a mana problem. Using Vulnerability and haste at the same time, my mana does away with a few cyclones, do you know how to solve it?


I have check your profile, and you seem to lack any source of mana leech?
You can get mana leech from Jewel/Glove/ring/amulet.

Jewel is the most convenient, since it usually don't affect your resist, so no gear upgrading required.
But for endgame optimization, it's best to get it on glove since most prefix of gloves are useless to us
and you can master-craft it (While prefix slot on jewel can give life% or high atk speed%)

Any amount of mana leech is sufficient, as long as you are not cycloning without hitting things for too long.



Thank you for replying, it is difficult to find gloves that you can put the mana leech, I tried but I did not find the same thing, the rings, I can not put it into any of the ones I have. Jewel I did not find one with mana leech. Can you recommend me some? I'm enjoying the build, but I can not play with mana at the end of the day.
"
Thank you for replying, it is difficult to find gloves that you can put the mana leech, I tried but I did not find the same thing, the rings, I can not put it into any of the ones I have. Jewel I did not find one with mana leech. Can you recommend me some? I'm enjoying the build, but I can not play with mana at the end of the day.


1. Go to poe.trade http://poe.trade/
2. League select "Harbinger"
3. Type select "Jewel"
4. Go to the MOD list, type "leech" and select "#% of Physical Attack DMG leech as Mana", use 0.2 as Min
5. You can add additional criteria for your search, EX: at least 6% increase atk speed with Sword

Here is the example result link for you: http://poe.trade/search/aitahateyenini

Both "Chimeric Edge" and "Empyrean Needle" are very good options, and very cheap (< 5 chaos)

Or you can just craft one yourself, just remember to use "Viridian Jewel" as base, only this one can get mana leech prefix.
Last edited by Drosophila on Nov 7, 2017 6:55:41 AM
"
Completed 11 ChallengesDrosophila wrote:
"
Thank you for replying, it is difficult to find gloves that you can put the mana leech, I tried but I did not find the same thing, the rings, I can not put it into any of the ones I have. Jewel I did not find one with mana leech. Can you recommend me some? I'm enjoying the build, but I can not play with mana at the end of the day.


1. Go to poe.trade http://poe.trade/
2. League select "Harbinger"
3. Type select "Jewel"
4. Go to the MOD list, type "leech" and select "#% of Physical Attack DMG leech as Mana", use 0.2 as Min
5. You can add additional criteria for your search, EX: at least 6% increase atk speed with Sword

Here is the example result link for you: http://poe.trade/search/aitahateyenini

Both "Chimeric Edge" and "Empyrean Needle" are very good options, and very cheap (< 5 chaos)

Or you can just craft one yourself, just remember to use "Viridian Jewel" as base, only this one can get mana leech prefix.


Thank you friend
Best build, all guardians down, and finally killed the shaper the first time, on the second try, thanks for the guide.
I picked up spirit void while leveling and that solved my mana issues.
Looking forward to playing this in turmoil today. Is normal & cruel lab doable solo before switching to cyclone?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info