[3.3] League starter, pure physical Slayer Cyclone (Do Shaper with Kondo/ ISC UberElder down)

"
Lov3._.Wong wrote:
Hi,

Why we don't use Doomsower Lion Sword ?? Is Kondo sword better ?

Both are good, and top rolled Doomsower(pdps500) is actually better than Kondo.

But Doomsower are harder to get a good rolled one, since it have 3 variables to be determined by RNG (dmg%, add phys and atk speed). The pDPS of Doomsower can vary from 400~500.

At least in Taiwan server, a perfect rolled Doomsower cost 1~2EX at early league, while perfect Kondo only cost ~10 chaos.

The perfect Doomsower have about 2.5%more cyclone DPS than perfect Kondo in my POB against bleeding target, but it also provide 15% increase Area to socket melee skill (while kondo give 0.6% leech). If you can get a cheap high rolled Doomsower at early league it might be better.

Last edited by Drosophila on Nov 29, 2017, 5:50:23 AM
how do you gain endurance charges for immortal call?
"
coupdegrâc3 wrote:
how do you gain endurance charges for immortal call?

I usually don't. The immortal call have base duration of 0.4second even with 0 endurance charges. The main purpose of Cwdt-IC setup is to activate the pantheon power (since BR is physical degen, IC would disrupt it) and buff our leech rate/Max leech rate by 50% (I expect this interaction would be nerfed in 3.1 since it would be totally busted with the new VP).
If you have 5L1s on weapon or armor you can put enduring cry in that 1 alone socket. But I don't think it's necessary in current meta where the elemental dmg from mobs are far more dangerous than physical.
Last edited by Drosophila on Nov 29, 2017, 10:24:40 AM
What do you think about adding Vaal Pact in 3.1 to this build?! It will se close to Duelist now.
作者你好 我是国人请问你这个有中文的bd链接 英语不是很好:)
"
djokosrb wrote:
What do you think about adding Vaal Pact in 3.1 to this build?! It will se close to Duelist now.

If nothing else is changed, the new Vaal Pact would be totally busted.
We would have 35%*2*1.5=105% max life leech per sec as regen-like effect in Slayer (which is not really a life regeneration, so it's not blocked by VP or no-regen Map mod).

But I'm also afraid that GGG would over-nerf the Slayer in 3.1, so VP become mandatory for him to function as good as now, which would suck because it limit how you plan your passive tree.
Last edited by Drosophila on Nov 30, 2017, 5:01:12 AM
"
s1044421798 wrote:
作者你好 我是国人请问你这个有中文的bd链接 英语不是很好:)

有發一篇類似的在台灣PTT(BBS)的POE板 內容較簡單
https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/PathofExile/M.1503268924.A.64C.html

因為又要改版了 很多事情都可能會變動
所以並沒有打算再花時間把這篇改寫成中文
等改版後再說
Last edited by Drosophila on Nov 30, 2017, 4:49:00 AM
"
fl1ck3y wrote:
I used this build to race in HCTurmoil, made it to almost 86 before dying to falling alseep on a freeze explodes strongbox. Was 12th Slayer and 120th overall on the ladder at that point. And I did not even play that much. I'm gonna say this build is really good.

I used CWDT-BR-IC-ID, and blasphemy-enfeeble instead of vuln. All low tier map mods except phys reflect were easy (I did not have uber lab yet and took the defensive option in merc lab). With a five link I had about 25k cyclone dps unbuffed in ho. Had a Kondos with average rolls.

Thanks for your detailed guide, I am probably gonna use it again in mayhemhc.

One question:
Is it a good idea to use 6 endurance charges at HC for the 24% additions phy damage reduce? The nodes are easy to reach in the tree. It would only interfere with these CWDT tricks to boost regeneration. Let's see if they stop this "misuse" in the next patch, since everybody will use it otherwise after the VP nerf.
"
Llyrain wrote:

One question:
Is it a good idea to use 6 endurance charges at HC for the 24% additions phy damage reduce? The nodes are easy to reach in the tree. It would only interfere with these CWDT tricks to boost regeneration. Let's see if they stop this "misuse" in the next patch, since everybody will use it otherwise after the VP nerf.

Of course you can.
But in my experiences, most dangerous things in late game contents are elemental dmg in current meta, unless you want to specialize as Minotaur farmer (I don't consider uberlab as late game content anymore).
So 6 points into life%/regen/leech is usually more versatile in most late game situations.
Last edited by Drosophila on Nov 30, 2017, 5:55:04 AM
Damn, very nice guide. I almost roll cyclone slayer as a league starter. Every league I feel like I refine the build a bit more, but I never get much further than tier 10 maps cuz I suck.

I'm gonna follow this for 3.1. Cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info