[3.3] League starter, pure physical Slayer Cyclone (Do Shaper with Kondo/ ISC UberElder down)

"
anvilgod wrote:
Looking forward to playing this in turmoil today. Is normal & cruel lab doable solo before switching to cyclone?

Yes, it's recommended to use Sunder before you have all the requirements fulfilled(listed in leveling sections). Cyclone can't compete with Sunder without some MS% and weapon range.
Last edited by Drosophila on Nov 10, 2017, 2:21:18 PM
been farming shaper and all sorts of other stuff in harbinger so i'm definitely gonna be doing this again in mayhem. i am positive that kondo is up to the task.

my mapping setup

for shaper/guardians i use
over basalt and stibnite. plus conc effect support.
Last edited by kompaniet on Nov 11, 2017, 2:55:45 PM
I used this build to race in HCTurmoil, made it to almost 86 before dying to falling alseep on a freeze explodes strongbox. Was 12th Slayer and 120th overall on the ladder at that point. And I did not even play that much. I'm gonna say this build is really good.

I used CWDT-BR-IC-ID, and blasphemy-enfeeble instead of vuln. All low tier map mods except phys reflect were easy (I did not have uber lab yet and took the defensive option in merc lab). With a five link I had about 25k cyclone dps unbuffed in ho. Had a Kondos with average rolls.

I changed the tree a bit for hc and max level 90, since leveling after that gives no rewards in turmoil: http://poeurl.com/bCeS

Leveling was not that smooth at points, because the single target damage with sunder was too low. I never leveled a melee character before this, so I probably made a thousand stupid mistakes though.

Thanks for your detailed guide, I am probably gonna use it again in mayhemhc.
"
fl1ck3y wrote:
I used this build to race in HCTurmoil, made it to almost 86 before dying to falling alseep on a freeze explodes strongbox. Was 12th Slayer and 120th overall on the ladder at that point. And I did not even play that much. I'm gonna say this build is really good.

I used CWDT-BR-IC-ID, and blasphemy-enfeeble instead of vuln. All low tier map mods except phys reflect were easy (I did not have uber lab yet and took the defensive option in merc lab). With a five link I had about 25k cyclone dps unbuffed in ho. Had a Kondos with average rolls.

I changed the tree a bit for hc and max level 90, since leveling after that gives no rewards in turmoil: http://poeurl.com/bCeS

Leveling was not that smooth at points, because the single target damage with sunder was too low. I never leveled a melee character before this, so I probably made a thousand stupid mistakes though.

Thanks for your detailed guide, I am probably gonna use it again in mayhemhc.

Thx for your feedback, I have never test this build in HC before.
Maybe I would also go HCTurmoil in Taiwan server beginning in 2 days.
Last edited by Drosophila on Nov 14, 2017, 4:43:12 AM
Hey, I'm looking to do this build for the next league (As long as there are no nerfs!). Stupid question probably, as a league starter how well will this do in the uber lab? will you just be able to complete it comfortably or will you be able to do full key runs with semi decent (league start) gear?
Hey OP, just wanted to say this is one of the well-written guides I have come across!

I am looking forward in trying this for when 3.01 drops! Can't wait!

One thing I want to confirm is that in your "General Tips" section, you mentioned that "(EX: CwDT-BR-IC would work, while CwDT-IC-BR would not.)". Since they're all linked anyway, how does the positioning of the gem within the item have an effect to the outcome? Sorry if that doesn't make sense.
"
m0onknight wrote:
Hey, I'm looking to do this build for the next league (As long as there are no nerfs!). Stupid question probably, as a league starter how well will this do in the uber lab? will you just be able to complete it comfortably or will you be able to do full key runs with semi decent (league start) gear?

It's not as no-brainer as Jugg in face-tanking all the bosses, but Slayer is faster since we kill boss faster and basically run through all the trap (even the larva field) with Slayer leech regen.
One trick is to use Writhing Jar and killed the worms before go into boss fight/Trap field, the leech regen from over-killing the worms can sustain very long (10~15 secs).
My first Uber Lab this league is full key run, but my gear at that point is already decent. With almost 6K HP, Kondor and 5L armor (no Devoto though).
It's very easy to dodge all the big slam from Izaro as cycloner. And Slayer 20% culling can quickly finish fully buffed Izaro at 3rd stage (he start with 33%).
Last edited by Drosophila on Nov 15, 2017, 2:31:11 AM
"
kazafz wrote:

One thing I want to confirm is that in your "General Tips" section, you mentioned that "(EX: CwDT-BR-IC would work, while CwDT-IC-BR would not.)". Since they're all linked anyway, how does the positioning of the gem within the item have an effect to the outcome? Sorry if that doesn't make sense.

From wiki:
"Trigger gems and their linked skills are cast in a certain order that depends both on which item it is equipped on and which socket the skills are in."

The order is(for 4L):
1⇒2
....⇓
4⇐3

So CwDT-BR-IC work since you get BR as degen first, then IC triggered to disrupt the DOT, which activate the Arakaali Pantheon power.

CwDT-IC-BR don't work since there are no degen status on you when the IC is triggered.
Last edited by Drosophila on Nov 15, 2017, 2:28:42 AM
"
Drosophila wrote:
"
kazafz wrote:

From wiki:
"Trigger gems and their linked skills are cast in a certain order that depends both on which item it is equipped on and which socket the skills are in."

The order is(for 4L):
1⇒2
....⇓
4⇐3

So CwDT-BR-IC work since you get BR as degen first, then IC triggered to disrupt the DOT, which activate the Arakaali Pantheon power.

CwDT-IC-BR don't work since there are no degen status on you when the IC is triggered.

Thank you for that explanation!
Hi,

Why we don't use Doomsower Lion Sword ?? Is Kondo sword better ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info