Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.3] League starter, pure physical Slayer Cyclone (Do Shaper with Kondo/ ISC UberElder down)

I've been following this build for a couple of week's this league. I have a level 85 Slayer. Main items I have right now are in the spoiler
Spoiler

I just found this:

What should I do with it? I'm not quite sure what skills to ditch for this, if it all. Seems pretty cool but I'm not sure I have the abyssal jewels to needed to make it really good.

I've been playing mostly self found so trying to figure out what I can do with it with what I have.

Edit:
I also have a belt of the deceiver, but am wondering if its worth using to replace my abyssal belt and jewel that has resists on it.
Last edited by sithren on Dec 30, 2017, 4:20:26 PM
"
sithren wrote:
I've been following this build for a couple of week's this league. I have a level 85 Slayer. Main items I have right now are in the spoiler
Spoiler

I just found this:

What should I do with it? I'm not quite sure what skills to ditch for this, if it all. Seems pretty cool but I'm not sure I have the abyssal jewels to needed to make it really good.

I've been playing mostly self found so trying to figure out what I can do with it with what I have.

Edit:
I also have a belt of the deceiver, but am wondering if its worth using to replace my abyssal belt and jewel that has resists on it.

Hey, I just switched from rare gloves + deceiver to Tombfist + stygian belt myself.

I ditched Haste because I felt like I don't have enough mana to use the aura and this is more survivability for me in hardcore while barely losing any dps(may be even more dps because of the belt jewel, really hard to calculate for me as I'm pretty bad at this game).

Because you have 2 abyss jewels maybe you can ditch the golem though if you're SSF it may be too had to get such good abyss jewels. You should try Belt of deceiver + rare gloves as in the OP's post
Last edited by decayedCell on Dec 30, 2017, 5:23:53 PM
@decayedCell. Thanks, man. I'm going to experiment today and see what works best for my character. I'll try out the combos you suggested - tombfist and stygian vise, and belt of deceiver and rare gloves (don't really have any decent rare gloves though whoops!).

Thanks.

I tried shaper first time in league. I did deathless with facetank everything (include slam).
Game is easy mode atm.
Instead of going with tombfist, these dropped:

Whooo! These things rock! I love them. I don't know that I really understand why I love it other than everything explodes and it just makes it fun. Although, I'm only in T5 maps right now. But love them for now.

I'm on the lookout for a new sword. last night a 5 link kondo's pride went up on poe trade for 20 chaos, but I didn't bite. I'd like to do this self found for now. I wonder if that was a bogus listing or what. Next closest one was listed for 30 chaos but had worse stats.

"
sithren wrote:
Instead of going with tombfist, these dropped:

Whooo! These things rock! I love them. I don't know that I really understand why I love it other than everything explodes and it just makes it fun. Although, I'm only in T5 maps right now. But love them for now.

I'm on the lookout for a new sword. last night a 5 link kondo's pride went up on poe trade for 20 chaos, but I didn't bite. I'd like to do this self found for now. I wonder if that was a bogus listing or what. Next closest one was listed for 30 chaos but had worse stats.

Haemophilia is amazing for map clearing, since we need more coverage instead of dmg for trash. Vulnerability now also give 30% bleeding chance, with the glove we have 25+25+30=80% bleed chance with no additional investment on tree, so almost every mobs we kill will explode.
Corpse Explosion dmg can be scale through Vulnerability aura/Maim debuff/Phys & Area Dmg. And leaving no corpse behind make mapping extra safer as well (no afraid of corpse explosion & the bird-like-thing-that shoot-spikes-upon-death).

I'm currently switching between Haemophilia & Tombfist for mapping and bossing, you just put Cwdt setup on both gloves, so there are no gems need to be swapped.
Last edited by Drosophila on Jan 2, 2018, 10:29:44 PM
@Drosophila, great idea. I might try the swapping and see if I like it. That would work well where bosses are in an arena. And great explanation, btw. I’m slowly learning how the passive skills interact with the gear.
Last edited by sithren on Jan 2, 2018, 11:44:32 PM
Just ripped at lvl 90 with this build. I farmed about 900c currency with it and I'm going to reroll something else for now.

It was my own fault, it was stupid, I shouldn't even have played because I had a horrible day so I couldn't focus and thought that Detonate Corpses box is a good idea. It was a really fun and good build and I didn't attempt Shaper as I didn't invest in 6L yet. Thanks a lot for the guide.

Here is my gear if anyone needs some inspiration:

Spoiler

Last edited by decayedCell on Jan 3, 2018, 5:07:18 PM
@decayedcell, that sucks. Looks like you had a great run, though. Hope it was fun.

I also ripped today, but I'm on softcore. I transmuted a bunch of tier 5 maps and didn't read them. One of them had physical reflect. Out of around 100 maps I've run this season, I never got that mod on any of my low tier maps. I just kind of assumed they didn't roll on them. Whoops. I've learned to pay attention now. I'd much rather lose xp at 87 rather than in the 90s.

Earlier in the day, I finally decided to spend some of the currency I had been collecting during the league. Here are the first two items I bought this league (at level 87)

I went for 2h axe,

using Haste + PoI since i got Tombfist with vulnerability on hit

Still building char, i'll keep you updated on the reach of this version

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info