[3.3] League starter, pure physical Slayer Cyclone (Do Shaper with Kondo/ ISC UberElder down)

"
lehuukha wrote:
After checking out a few gems - it seems like Protector (Gives attack speed) is more DPS than Warcheif (Melee Damage) - why is the Warchief Selected?

I also noticed on PoB that my current helm enchant (30% increased vuln) pulls about 10k more dps than 12 percent attack speed w/ Blood Rage or the 150% increased buff effect of lightning golem. Any input on that as well?

Protector will give more dmg indeed, but in situations where bosses have adds, Warchief can AOE both boss and the adds together, while Protector only pick 1 targets to hit in its range. If you know the boss fight have no adds, you can switch to Protector as well.

30% increased vulnerability is also a good one, it would give more dmg during map clearing(no curse effectiveness reduction); give comparable dmg during normal map boss (medium curse effectiveness reduction) and give less dmg against T16/17 (high curse effectiveness reduction).
So it's still depending on which situation you want put more focus on. I like atk speed% because I do a lot of boss farming and carrying others for boss challenge, atk speed% is more useful for me in this situation (also make you jump/dodge faster).
Im still lvling this char but i have question about the gloves would lets say meginord vise with vurnability corruption or ondarclasp with same corruption be better for our dmg output than spiked gloves ? Also with meginord we got extra 2% life regen and thats a lot, that could help us sustain without vaalpact. Also meginord give us total 30% dmg that negate Devoto reduced dmg and vurnability corruption allow us to use another purity of elements/cold/fire/lightning or if we would got +1 curse in amu we could even get another curse lets say temp chains or enfeble to boost our survi. What you guys think about it ?
"
Iean wrote:
Im still lvling this char but i have question about the gloves would lets say meginord vise with vurnability corruption or ondarclasp with same corruption be better for our dmg output than spiked gloves ? Also with meginord we got extra 2% life regen and thats a lot, that could help us sustain without vaalpact. Also meginord give us total 30% dmg that negate Devoto reduced dmg and vurnability corruption allow us to use another purity of elements/cold/fire/lightning or if we would got +1 curse in amu we could even get another curse lets say temp chains or enfeble to boost our survi. What you guys think about it ?

Even with lvl 20 enfeeble(155 int required) , after %80 less curse effect it gives %6 damage reduction which is joke. I tried double curse but without proper investment(talent points,gear) curses are useless againts the things that matters. Nothing beats the hp pool which is our best defence.

"
Lentus7 wrote:
"
Iean wrote:

Even with lvl 20 enfeeble(155 int required) , after %80 less curse effect it gives %6 damage reduction which is joke. I tried double curse but without proper investment(talent points,gear) curses are useless againts the things that matters. Nothing beats the hp pool which is our best defence.

Sure but we dont have to get second curse instead we could get one of purity and shaped astral plate with physical dmg taken as cold/fire/lightning and that would give us lot of additional defence.
"
Iean wrote:
"
Lentus7 wrote:
"
Iean wrote:

Sure but we dont have to get second curse instead we could get one of purity and shaped astral plate with physical dmg taken as cold/fire/lightning and that would give us lot of additional defence.

Again. Hp is the best thing by far. Kaom or belly is better than any rare.
"
Lentus7 wrote:

Again. Hp is the best thing by far. Kaom or belly is better than any rare.

As I mentioned in the beginning of the guide, the cost of gears in this guide is purposely toned down to be easily played as league starter (And being able to farm shaper as early as possible in a league is very profitable). 6L Rare Astral is much cheaper than 6L unique chest, the resistance provided from chest slot also allow you to use cheaper amulet/rings/boots ect. with higher offensive stats/Life mods within budget (atk speed & Strength are both suffix, which compete with resist mods).

But in the end, if the market is already inflated with high quality rare gears and you have enough currency, then Belly would probably be best for optimization of the character since it will provide higher total life than any rare chest (Still don't like Koam, since you lose dmg provided from 6L totem).

Last edited by Drosophila on Dec 25, 2017, 1:59:04 AM
an ilvl85+ elder chest can roll +150 life in addition to 12% increased max life. might be something for the rich people to consider.

I'm lvl 90 in abyss and haven't felt a need for vaal pact yet. I only just did the eternal lab and got brutal fervor so i have been mapping t10-13 maps without that too.

Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 25, 2017, 10:23:45 AM
Is the Warlord's Reach Jewel worth over a %maximum life jewel in HC league?

Also any other tips on how to improve my character before switching to t8+ maps are welcome.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/decayedCell/characters
(WastingLife is the name of the character)
Last edited by decayedCell on Dec 28, 2017, 5:46:51 PM
"
decayedCell wrote:

Also any other tips on how to improve my character before switching to t8+ maps are welcome.

Yeah you can replace it with jewel that provide more survivability in HC.
For other suggestions:

1. Flasks: Since Slayer are immune to bleed when leeching, you should get other utility on the life flask, I prefer shock removal. And you don't even have a freeze removal flask yet, it will be very bad if you get frozen when opening strongbox. Also you are not ele-weakness capped, so bringing one utility flask with curse removal is important(roll it on basalt/quicksilver), since you may randomly get cursed and not have capped resist during the fight. A good flask setup is super important for your survivability, more so in HC.

2. Skill set-up: First you should move golem into your CwDt setup, manually casting golem is not efficient in fight, especially our golem tend to die very quickly (you can also use Stone golem in HC, he is more tanky). Second, Leap-slam should have bloodmagic, so it won't compete with your main skill(Cyclone) on mana usage, it's very important when you do no-regen/less recovery maps. Third, you can easily have a 4-linked totem for single-target but you somehow just decide not to, move your Haste/Grace to your helmet. For me, I always make full usage of every sockets I can get on my character, there should not be empty sockets or sockets that serve no functional purpose (EX: Leveling gems on main weapon set). There will still be one socket left for you since you have a 5 socket weapon, you can use Vaal Haste/Grace or just an Enduring Cry.

3. Passives: Remove the "two-hand melee dmg" node on the Destroyer cluster which is not required for pathing, there are more efficient way to utilize this 1 passive point, you can get the 6% atk speed at the duelist start for more efficient DMG increase or Warrior's Blood (1.8% regen) for more survival since you haven't take VP yet. I would also argue that the "Life leech"(0.6% leech and 10% leech rate) in the Hematophagy cluster is not efficient enough for slayer to use 1 passive point, Max-leech rate% is much more important for us. And I usually don't like abyssal jewels on passive sockets for this build, but both of your abyssal jewels give more life for you than a normal jewel with 7% life currently (Also the Morbid Prism is very good). Just keep in mind that as you upgrade your other gears(which give more flat life) and level up, the life% on normal jewel would still out-value the flat-life on abyssal jewels (and normal jewels also give more dmg for us).

4. Gears: There are a lot of room for improvement, but I think those should do OK up until maybe T12 maps. There are 2 main ways to improve it. The faster way would be upgrading to 6L-astral plate, then you can easily upgrade the rest of your gears while not being restricted so much by the resistance problems. The slower but more end-game optimized would be saving for a 6L Belly, but that would cost you more on upgrading the rest of your gears as well. All depending on how you like to proceed.

Last edited by Drosophila on Dec 29, 2017, 2:23:20 AM
"
Drosophila wrote:
"
decayedCell wrote:

Yeah you can replace it with jewel that provide more survivability in HC.
For other suggestions:

1. Flasks: Since Slayer are immune to bleed when leeching, you should get other utility on the life flask, I prefer shock removal. And you don't even have a freeze removal flask yet, it will be very bad if you get frozen when opening strongbox. Also you are not ele-weakness capped, so bringing one utility flask with curse removal is important(roll it on basalt/quicksilver), since you may randomly get cursed and not have capped resist during the fight. A good flask setup is super important for your survivability, more so in HC.

2. Skill set-up: First you should move golem into your CwDt setup, manually casting golem is not efficient in fight, especially our golem tend to die very quickly (you can also use Stone golem in HC, he is more tanky). Second, Leap-slam should have bloodmagic, so it won't compete with your main skill(Cyclone) on mana usage, it's very important when you do no-regen/less recovery maps. Third, you can easily have a 4-linked totem for single-target but you somehow just decide not to, move your Haste/Grace to your helmet. For me, I always make full usage of every sockets I can get on my character, there should not be empty sockets or sockets that serve no functional purpose (EX: Leveling gems on main weapon set). There will still be one socket left for you since you have a 5 socket weapon, you can use Vaal Haste/Grace or just an Enduring Cry.

3. Passives: Remove the "two-hand melee dmg" node on the Destroyer cluster which is not required for pathing, there are more efficient way to utilize this 1 passive point, you can get the 6% atk speed at the duelist start for more efficient DMG increase or Warrior's Blood (1.8% regen) for more survival since you haven't take VP yet. I would also argue that the "Life leech"(0.6% leech and 10% leech rate) in the Hematophagy cluster is not efficient enough for slayer to use 1 passive point, Max-leech rate% is much more important for us. And I usually don't like abyssal jewels on passive sockets for this build, but both of your abyssal jewels give more life for you than a normal jewel with 7% life currently (Also the Morbid Prism is very good). Just keep in mind that as you upgrade your other gears(which give more flat life) and level up, the life% on normal jewel would still out-value the flat-life on abyssal jewels (and normal jewels also give more dmg for us).

4. Gears: There are a lot of room for improvement, but I think those should do OK up until maybe T12 maps. There are 2 main ways to improve it. The faster way would be upgrading to 6L-astral plate, then you can easily upgrade the rest of your gears while not being restricted so much by the resistance problems. The slower but more end-game optimized would be saving for a 6L Belly, but that would cost you more on upgrading the rest of your gears as well. All depending on how you like to proceed.

1. I know about this. I have another Quicksilver flask without extra speed, but with curse removal in stash that I bring on curse maps. And Yes I need anti-freeze on the hp one too, I just got unlucky alterations and didn't want to buy but I'll get it to asap.

2. You are right here. I got lazy because I was running very low on fusing and got tilted that I couldn't 5-link my weapon. Thank you for better explaining all the links.

3. I have taken those points because I couldn't find anything better and I was thinking of removing them at 90 to switch to VP. I'm still debating if this is a good idea or I should just not take VP anyway and take what you said + jewel sockets.

4. Yes I will do 6L astral asap, but it's expensive.

Thank you for the response.
Last edited by decayedCell on Dec 29, 2017, 7:29:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info