[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

"
hazorcrux wrote:

Yeah, I tried tinkering it in PoB and felt the 20k ish dps upgrade wasn't worth it (for all the effort covering other gears). Are the jewels/gems/enchants/corrupted gears the only upgrades for you? No elder/shaper gears? Do you think it would be worth dropping signets for some good rings? You lose ES/INT, but can potentially boost the dps. It's more for really good/godly rings though.

EDIT: Basically asking if there's a chance other gears beat out your current setup, what would they be/need to be?

I have never found a ring in the market that could match the signet rings. I went into pob and crafted a ring that is as good as the perandus signet ring and doesn't increase or decrease ES or damage.

Moonstone Ring
Implicit +25 to maximum Energy Shield
+28 to Strength
+55 to Intelligence
+16 to all Attributes
+47 to maximum Energy Shield
42% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills

So the rare ring would need to be better then this one in order for it to be worth swapping. This would be very very hard to do, maybe impossible

If you wanted to sink a whole lot of currency into a HOWA build I wouldn't use this one but pick a raider or something and buy a bunch of the gear in advance rather then make incremental changes to this build
Last edited by WaffleT on Mar 5, 2018, 12:13:15 PM
Thanks for taking the time to keep this guide updated and answering questions, Everyone REALLY appreciates it. Great guide and great build. <3
Third day of league update

Any ideas on next upgrade? Most likely the chest? No splendours are up so far. I already got pure talent and brute force on the tree and swapped to CI, at 5.3k now.
Ty for guide, VERY fun build, i run Flameblast totems life version until lvl 80, farm currency and spec to CI-warchief.
On lvl 83 have 8k ES, nice dmg and evasion. Defence in build just great. All jewels 3 mods for 1c)))
gear not ideal, just cheaper items in market. After lvl 90 start min\maxing.

Use this link for search poe.trade 4 and 3 mods jewels
http://poe.trade/search/iyakooikokoisa
Or this for 3 mod attack speed\int
http://poe.trade/search/yosasaukiwamah
Last edited by Sakredo on Mar 5, 2018, 7:50:13 PM
"
Sakredo wrote:
Ty for guide, VERY fun build, i run Flameblast totems life version until lvl 80, farm currency and spec to CI-warchief.
On lvl 83 have 8k ES, nice dmg and evasion. Defence in build just great. All jewels 3 mods for 1c)))
gear not ideal, just cheaper items in market. After lvl 90 start min\maxing.

Use this link for search poe.trade 4 and 3 mods jewels
http://poe.trade/search/iyakooikokoisa
Or this for 3 mod attack speed\int
http://poe.trade/search/yosasaukiwamah

thank you for posting the jewel search links, wish more people added search links as well
"
Thanks for taking the time to keep this guide updated and answering questions, Everyone REALLY appreciates it. Great guide and great build. <3

Thanks for the words its appreciated :)
This was my fav Abyss build and with its buffs in 3.2 I felt like keeping it updated

"
Knuckledust13 wrote:

Any ideas on next upgrade? Most likely the chest? No splendours are up so far. I already got pure talent and brute force on the tree and swapped to CI, at 5.3k now.

You have lightning pen instead of elemental focus in your tabula so thats lowering your damage. I'd buy a level 1-2 enlighten and take some 1-2 reduced mana reserved nodes in the tree so you can drop herald of thunder and run wrath

Pretty good gear for this point. Double ES roll splendours can take some time to enter the market but you probably want more defense so you can buy Geofri's Sanctuary for cheap and 5-link it for better ES and resistances then tabula. You'll lose some damage but you can make up some of that by upgrading the claw

59-60 Int Atziri's mirrors are still usually 1c so I'd be looking to buy one of them with near max resistance roll as its a cheap upgrade.

Good job on rest of the gear, helm and boots are near top roll, alot of people usually buy cheap bottom tier ones and then forget to upgrade them
"
WaffleT wrote:
"

Thanks for the words its appreciated :)
This was my fav Abyss build and with its buffs in 3.2 I felt like keeping it updated

"
Knuckledust13 wrote:

You have lightning pen instead of elemental focus in your tabula so thats lowering your damage. I'd buy a level 1-2 enlighten and take some 1-2 reduced mana reserved nodes in the tree so you can drop herald of thunder and run wrath

Pretty good gear for this point. Double ES roll splendours can take some time to enter the market but you probably want more defense so you can buy Geofri's Sanctuary for cheap and 5-link it for better ES and resistances then tabula. You'll lose some damage but you can make up some of that by upgrading the claw

59-60 Int Atziri's mirrors are still usually 1c so I'd be looking to buy one of them with near max resistance roll as its a cheap upgrade.

Good job on rest of the gear, helm and boots are near top roll, alot of people usually buy cheap bottom tier ones and then forget to upgrade them

I was questioning myself about light pen x ele focus.. While light pen gives less sheet DPS, won't it result in higher overall numbers since the totems will be able to shock on crit, and also because of resists of higher tier bosses? Or a more multiplier is strictly better in this scenario?

Managed to snipe this for 60c, working on linking now :)
hey, just finished act 10, now just need currency for gear ;D

is there a defensive option for claw instead of vaal gems? like another some cwdt setup.

also put in immortal call as 4th cwdt link instead of your shield gem. is this inferiour to the 3% extra block? dunno how impactfull this is.

also any other cheap unique rings or gear i can use until i can buy the more expansive stuff?
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
hazorcrux wrote:

Yeah, I tried tinkering it in PoB and felt the 20k ish dps upgrade wasn't worth it (for all the effort covering other gears). Are the jewels/gems/enchants/corrupted gears the only upgrades for you? No elder/shaper gears? Do you think it would be worth dropping signets for some good rings? You lose ES/INT, but can potentially boost the dps. It's more for really good/godly rings though.

EDIT: Basically asking if there's a chance other gears beat out your current setup, what would they be/need to be?

I have never found a ring in the market that could match the signet rings. I went into pob and crafted a ring that is as good as the perandus signet ring and doesn't increase or decrease ES or damage.

Moonstone Ring
Implicit +25 to maximum Energy Shield
+28 to Strength
+55 to Intelligence
+16 to all Attributes
+47 to maximum Energy Shield
42% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills

So the rare ring would need to be better then this one in order for it to be worth swapping. This would be very very hard to do, maybe impossible

If you wanted to sink a whole lot of currency into a HOWA build I wouldn't use this one but pick a raider or something and buy a bunch of the gear in advance rather then make incremental changes to this build

Noted on this and thanks for the guide! Hope I didn't come off wrong with my inquiries.
"
Knuckledust13 wrote:

I was questioning myself about light pen x ele focus.. While light pen gives less sheet DPS, won't it result in higher overall numbers since the totems will be able to shock on crit, and also because of resists of higher tier bosses? Or a more multiplier is strictly better in this scenario?

Managed to snipe this for 60c, working on linking now :)

Shock is bad. If you are interested in the numbers I posted math on this question a few pages back but becasue of the way this build functions shock is not good or worth the investment to try and make it good.

Pen gets less effective the more you get. Your current character without the gem has 16% pen or 31% during wise oak flask. Against bosses assuming 18/0 gems lightning pen would give +39.9% dps or +34.1% during flask. Elemental focus gives +46% so even against map bosses focus is just better.

Nice chest, that'll help the ES total

"
doChl wrote:
hey, just finished act 10, now just need currency for gear ;D

is there a defensive option for claw instead of vaal gems? like another some cwdt setup.

also put in immortal call as 4th cwdt link instead of your shield gem. is this inferiour to the 3% extra block? dunno how impactfull this is.

also any other cheap unique rings or gear i can use until i can buy the more expansive stuff?

Immortal call gives you immune to physical damage for 0.4 seconds after taking a hit. Thing is we are already immune to physical attacks for longer then that due to our evasion and block entropy counter making sure we don't get hit multiple times in a row. The only situation where I see immortal call doing something is when there are multiple dangerous monsters casting ethereal knives at you all at once. It could be good in that situation but I played my character for a long time without that situation happening.

I would rather use those slots to level up some glacial cascades or something and then sell them to fund more upgrades but maybe cwdt + phase run + increased duration?

I don't think there are other good cheap unique rings. I'd just use rares until you can afford the signets. I have a leveling section in the main build that mentions other good leveling uniques

"
hazorcrux wrote:

Noted on this and thanks for the guide! Hope I didn't come off wrong with my inquiries.

All good, I hope your questions were answered
Last edited by WaffleT on Mar 6, 2018, 9:32:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info