[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Knuckledust13 wrote:

I was questioning myself about light pen x ele focus.. While light pen gives less sheet DPS, won't it result in higher overall numbers since the totems will be able to shock on crit, and also because of resists of higher tier bosses? Or a more multiplier is strictly better in this scenario?

Managed to snipe this for 60c, working on linking now :)

Shock is bad. If you are interested in the numbers I posted math on this question a few pages back but becasue of the way this build functions shock is not good or worth the investment to try and make it good.

Pen gets less effective the more you get. Your current character without the gem has 16% pen or 31% during wise oak flask. Against bosses assuming 18/0 gems lightning pen would give +39.9% dps or +34.1% during flask. Elemental focus gives +46% so even against map bosses focus is just better.

Nice chest, that'll help the ES total

Awesome man, thanks. I managed to 5L the chest, and it seems (based on PoB) that light pen gives more DPS overall than ruthless. So for a 5L, would be better to drop ruthless?

Thanks so much for taking the time answering. Will you build it on the new league?

EDIT:

Got a quick question. When atziri's reflection becomes enabled/available, would it be feasible to switch splendour for soul mantle and use self flagelation?
Last edited by Knuckledust13 on Mar 6, 2018, 2:21:03 PM
What uniques would you prioritize first once you hit maps? Upgrading HOTM to HOWA? Or are other things more important first?
Still kind of putting together my character as I save currency, but if anyone is able to take a look at my profile and give me tips, I would appreciate it. Running pretty smoothly so far, sans the issue with capturing rare/unique beasts with totems up...I don't know if this is a bug, or intended.

-Sirensia

So this is what im working with so far. What would be the most bang for my buck for upgrades while im hella broke? My damage is sold and i melt everything, but i get hit really really hard :\ merciless izz 1 shots me. I have 3.9k es and max resistance. This is also my first CI character i have ever played.
as someone who got all the gear by day 2-3 I would HIGHLY recommend ignoring links in chest, you will have infinite damage to one shot anything until red maps (and into red maps) with a 4 link and all other gear.

it is substantially more important to get defences, aka a splendour before you go for more links, the survival you get is insane.

it goes without saying that before you get shaper gloves don't worry with splendour either, use a simple 3-5 chaos 300+ ES chest with 4-5 link and save up for gloves (which should be your last expensive upgrade, alongside rings).

hope this hands-on experience helps new starters.

TL/DR: I recommend removing tabula from the early gear recommendation as any ES-based chest with a 4-5 link (or splendour if it get that cheap) is much more important as mobs melt anyway.

ps: again props to OP for a very nice guide for an interesting build, time to corrupt some uniques for the rest of the league!
new player here
What item in the end game list should I pick first? I mean from most priority to the least.

I already got the dirt cheap ones like HoTm, boots, shield(unfat
ed version). As for the rest I dont what to aim first. Should I go for body armor first? Rings? Amulet? Helmet? Or should I reach for the heavens and get HoWa? Everytime I go to poe.trade and see HoWa going for 100c+ I feel like I want to cry lol.
"
Knuckledust13 wrote:

Awesome man, thanks. I managed to 5L the chest, and it seems (based on PoB) that light pen gives more DPS overall than ruthless. So for a 5L, would be better to drop ruthless?

Thanks so much for taking the time answering. Will you build it on the new league?

EDIT:

Got a quick question. When atziri's reflection becomes enabled/available, would it be feasible to switch splendour for soul mantle and use self flagelation?

Ruthless gives the least damage in our setup and as it says in the main guide ruthless starts being better then lightning pen support after you have gotten a certain amount of pen from tree and flasks. I thought you had already hit that point when I checked your pob data but it could depend on gem levels/quality too. You'll only lose a small amount of damage uses with lightning pen over ruthless so its not a big deal anyway

It appears the answer to that question is yes. Soul mantle + self flagellation is incredibly strong. Providing that this combo works with atziri's reflection it would be better damage this way although you'd need to make changes in the tree cutting damage for ES and changing jewels into resistance ones. Reflection has not yet been released possibly for this reason and I wonder if GGG designed the item without thinking about this combo and thats why they havn't released it yet

"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Knuckledust13 wrote:

EDIT:

Ruthless gives the least damage in our setup and as it says in the main guide ruthless starts being better then lightning pen support after you have gotten a certain amount of pen from tree and flasks. I thought you had already hit that point when I checked your pob data but it could depend on gem levels/quality too. You'll only lose a small amount of damage uses with lightning pen over ruthless so its not a big deal anyway

It appears the answer to that question is yes. Soul mantle + self flagellation is incredibly strong. Providing that this combo works with atziri's reflection it would be better damage this way although you'd need to make changes in the tree cutting damage for ES and changing jewels into resistance ones. Reflection has not yet been released possibly for this reason and I wonder if GGG designed the item without thinking about this combo and thats why they havn't released it yet

Uhm, the item has been released. Bex confirmed it on Reddit and there was one Reflection for sale early on for 29ex (lol). I think the prophecy just has a hidden/secret trigger.
I've written out a quick list of uniques that good for leveling/cheaper alternatives while you save up for the endgame stuff. The highlighted items cost 1c or less. You should be able to hit mapping wearing just these highlighted(cheap) items

Chest - Tabula Lvl 1 - Geofri's Sanctuary lvl 64 - Atziri's Splendour lvl 75
Weapon - Hand of Thought and Motion lvl 22 - Hand of Wisdom and Action lvl 68
Helm - Doedre's Scorn lvl 39 - Vertex lvl 62
Gloves - Lochtonial Caress lvl 1 - Asenath's Gentle Touch lvl 25 - Shaper's Touch lvl 66
Boots - Shavronne's Pace lvl 32 - Sin Trek lvl 62
Belt - Bated Breath lvl 22 - Cyclopean Coil lvl 68
Shield - Crest of Perandus lvl 8 - Atziri's Mirror lvl 54
Ring - Perandus Signet lvl 1 or Timeclasp lvl 22
Amulet - Astramentis lvl 20

My general priority to upgrade the rest would be Shaper's Touch > Astramentis > Cyclopean Coil > Vertex > Perandus Signets > Hand of Wisdom and Action > Atziri's Splendour

But it depends if you find a good roll on something for cheap
Last edited by WaffleT on Mar 7, 2018, 1:11:38 AM
"
Knuckledust13 wrote:

Uhm, the item has been released. Bex confirmed it on Reddit and there was one Reflection for sale early on for 29ex (lol). I think the prophecy just has a hidden/secret trigger.

*shrug* you said "enabled" which means the same as released and it seemed plausible to me since I had not seen any in the market. There is little difference between something unreleased and something so rare that none are in the market anyway. If the prophecy is just that rare and its not a hidden trigger that can be discovered then I will just be removing it from the build as its not an item that many people playing the build will be able to get

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info