[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

OK,
Thanks for taking the time to answer, I appreciate it!
Don't even have the monies for a HOTM yet, but dropped Pure Talent on act 1 haha

:)
livejamie
This is likely way off base, but would there be any way to hybrid this build with the new spectral shield throw? I am using it to level up, and it is a lot of fun. Just curious if anyone has tinkered with it. Ancestral Bond would likely make it very hard to do this, though.
"
This is likely way off base, but would there be any way to hybrid this build with the new spectral shield throw? I am using it to level up, and it is a lot of fun. Just curious if anyone has tinkered with it. Ancestral Bond would likely make it very hard to do this, though.

Not a chance. There is zero scaling for SST where this build paths.
So in comparison to your old build, you just need 1 brute force jewel now?
hey, i rly would love to start with this build. like having all uniques instead of min maxing yellow gear.
just wondering if hierophant is better than chieftain? heard chieftain is better for warchief and hierophant better for spell totems.
any thoughts on this?
Ran this as my league starter and it's really good so far. I managed to get a brutus sprinkler from blood altar which surprisingly is a good leveling weapon for this. Other than that I just used the generic ele attack character's gearing methods. HOWA is still fairly affordable so it turned out fine.

Just wanted to ask a few things, have you considered the following:
1) Drop the shield for double HOWA - I'm thinking this would be hard on the defenses = res/ev/curse/block.
2) Drop the rings for res/int rings so that you can go for rares on your other gears (helm/boots) and go double HOWA.
"
doChl wrote:
hey, i rly would love to start with this build. like having all uniques instead of min maxing yellow gear.
just wondering if hierophant is better than chieftain? heard chieftain is better for warchief and hierophant better for spell totems.
any thoughts on this?

Those people were talking about a phys based character. Warchief totem is more often played with a physical weapon and chieftain has good physical/fire nodes. This lightning claw build would be very bad as a chieftain compared to the heirophant

"
hazorcrux wrote:
Ran this as my league starter and it's really good so far. I managed to get a brutus sprinkler from blood altar which surprisingly is a good leveling weapon for this. Other than that I just used the generic ele attack character's gearing methods. HOWA is still fairly affordable so it turned out fine.

Just wanted to ask a few things, have you considered the following:
1) Drop the shield for double HOWA - I'm thinking this would be hard on the defenses = res/ev/curse/block.
2) Drop the rings for res/int rings so that you can go for rares on your other gears (helm/boots) and go double HOWA.

My Abyss characters gear : 10,370 ES
If I changed into max ES roll version of the uniques: 10,796 ES
If I upgrade Atziri's mirror into Atziri's reflection: 12,231 ES
If I swap the mirror for another claw, change helm and boots into max possible ES rolled rares & cut santuary to get more ES nodes: 10,724 ES

So perfect rolled ES rares lose in ES to perfect versions of the uniques and really lose to those who manage to get the fated version of atziri's reflection.

If you do manage to get a perfect or near perfect rolled helm and boots that also had a movement speed roll and +54% all res to cover the loss of the shield then you can swap out the shield for another claw to gain +13% more damage but lose 8k evasion rating, 6% movement speed and 25% block chance

This seems too expensive for not enough. I feel like it would be cheaper to buy other upgrades like better jewels or a helm enchant or 21/20 gems

Everytime I play around with swapping something into rares I generally end up with worse results but it depends how much you are willing to spend
"
WaffleT wrote:

My Abyss characters gear : 10,370 ES
If I changed into max ES roll version of the uniques: 10,796 ES
If I upgrade Atziri's mirror into Atziri's reflection: 12,231 ES
If I swap the mirror for another claw, change helm and boots into max possible ES rolled rares & cut santuary to get more ES nodes: 10,724 ES

So perfect rolled ES rares lose in ES to perfect versions of the uniques and really lose to those who manage to get the fated version of atziri's reflection.

If you do manage to get a perfect or near perfect rolled helm and boots that also had a movement speed roll and +54% all res to cover the loss of the shield then you can swap out the shield for another claw to gain +13% more damage but lose 8k evasion rating, 6% movement speed and 25% block chance

This seems too expensive for not enough. I feel like it would be cheaper to buy other upgrades like better jewels or a helm enchant or 21/20 gems

Everytime I play around with swapping something into rares I generally end up with worse results but it depends how much you are willing to spend

Yeah, I tried tinkering it in PoB and felt the 20k ish dps upgrade wasn't worth it (for all the effort covering other gears). Are the jewels/gems/enchants/corrupted gears the only upgrades for you? No elder/shaper gears? Do you think it would be worth dropping signets for some good rings? You lose ES/INT, but can potentially boost the dps. It's more for really good/godly rings though.

EDIT: Basically asking if there's a chance other gears beat out your current setup, what would they be/need to be?
Last edited by hazorcrux on Mar 4, 2018, 8:43:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info