[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

The build looks really interesting! I was actually thinking of some kind of quad warchief totem setup and ran across your build. What lvl did you end up swapping over to ES? I am thinking of running this build in HC but not sure how comfortable I feel with ES after the nerfs. What is your opinion on the defenses say compared to a regular life based WC totem build?
"
PelicanOfWar wrote:
The build looks really interesting! I was actually thinking of some kind of quad warchief totem setup and ran across your build. What lvl did you end up swapping over to ES? I am thinking of running this build in HC but not sure how comfortable I feel with ES after the nerfs. What is your opinion on the defenses say compared to a regular life based WC totem build?

Thanks For the words, I enjoy that this build uses mechanics that I usually ignore

In lategame the build feels safer then any life build I've played. You have lots of wiggle room of not getting 1 shot with a high ES pool and the deterministic evasion keeps you pretty safe

With totems you can keep your distance which you probably need to do during leveling as ES tends to be pretty bad until you have good gear. I honestly couldn't tell you when to swap into ES and the tree and character looks very different now to what my plan was when I started as I refined the build as I went making improvements. You'd probably want to invest in a fair amount of the life nodes along the way and then spec out of them later and take the mana into ES ascendancy first

I died 3 times. Twice in lab because I suck at avoiding floor traps and ES builds don't have flasks as a safety net and once when I got reckless and did a higher tier map then I should have at that level. I really wish evasion did something against lab traps
I appreciate your thoughts on the topic! The layers of defense are very appealing, especially for HC.
I will level up the character in HC over the next week or so and document my experience. If you would like the info to flesh out your lvling section I can pass it along.
have you considered using inya's epiphany for the boots?
IGN : Arrowgadji
"
PelicanOfWar wrote:
I appreciate your thoughts on the topic! The layers of defense are very appealing, especially for HC.
I will level up the character in HC over the next week or so and document my experience. If you would like the info to flesh out your lvling section I can pass it along.

Please I would be interested to hear it. I suspect that getting mind over matter along with Divine guidence will help the earlygame surviving if you have some starting currency to get some of the lowlevel mana items the build uses

"
Gadjou wrote:
have you considered using inya's epiphany for the boots?

Yes but its lower damage, lower ES and lower movement speed. 8% Int isn't very much and there is nothing else on the boots that is at all useful since we don't use powercharges
"
Please I would be interested to hear it. I suspect that getting mind over matter along with Divine guidence will help the earlygame surviving if you have some starting currency to get some of the lowlevel mana items the build uses

I was drawing up a tree and thought the same thing. With the high int, grabbing MOM will add a nice buffer. Then running over to the scion life wheel, and picking up the local health nodes will give roughly 120% increased life on the tree. Would definitely have to get a feel and see if Divine Guidance or the extra DPS is more beneficial for cruel lab.
I believe you can get 18 respec points through quests. So I am trying to stay roughly around that.

Did you happen to lvl with the unblessed version of HOWA? How is the dmg scaling while ramping the build up? If it is good, running towards extra life wont hurt clear speed while lvling too badly. I plan on using a tabula, along with whatever ES gear with life I can find.
Last edited by PelicanOfWar on Sep 7, 2017, 5:15:42 PM
Interesting build here. I'm currently running a quad Dark Pact Templar and considering respeccing into this build.

How does this build manage in Uber Lab?

Evasion and CI on a 3.0 Shaper-capable budget build? Sign me right the heck up!
"
PelicanOfWar wrote:

I was drawing up a tree and thought the same thing. With the high int, grabbing MOM will add a nice buffer. Then running over to the scion life wheel, and picking up the local health nodes will give roughly 120% increased life on the tree. Would definitely have to get a feel and see if Divine Guidance or the extra DPS is more beneficial for cruel lab.
I believe you can get 18 respec points through quests. So I am trying to stay roughly around that.

Did you happen to lvl with the unblessed version of HOWA? How is the dmg scaling while ramping the build up? If it is good, running towards extra life wont hurt clear speed while lvling too badly. I plan on using a tabula, along with whatever ES gear with life I can find.

Scion life wheel seems like overkill for me but then again I don't play hardcore. Discipline and trainig, devotion, cruel preperation and blood siphon are all on route and give a good chunk

Divine Guidance can be gained from normal lab where the 150 flat mana is going to be most impactful and combined with the mana nodes behind mom seems like it would give a really healthy buffer, you wouldn't be running discipline or purity of lightning yet so you'd have plenty on unreserved mana to deal with

I leveled with whispering Ice as I happened to have a 6 socket one. On paper hand of thought and motion should be better and also wouldn't be struggling with the exorbitant 7 link mana cost of whispering ice but I do admit that I havn't tested that myself

"
Interesting build here. I'm currently running a quad Dark Pact Templar and considering respeccing into this build.

How does this build manage in Uber Lab?

Izario is easy. Floor traps can be mechanically challenging as you don't have flasks to fall back on
How are you hitting 10k+ ES? I realize I'm missing about 400 on the chest, but you don't really go into ES nodes, and even in PoB, if I plug the chest into my character, it doesn't get nearly that high.

I'm sitting at 5.7k right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info