[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

"
thedukey wrote:
How are you hitting 10k+ ES? I realize I'm missing about 400 on the chest, but you don't really go into ES nodes, and even in PoB, if I plug the chest into my character, it doesn't get nearly that high.

I'm sitting at 5.7k right now.

This build scales off Int. Its why we use the rings to get good scaling off the Int nodes in the tree. You have chosen to prioritise pure damage like shamanistic fury and heart of thunder instead of the nodes the include Int and thus ES like Trickery and Light of divinity.

None of your rare jewels contain Int or ES either. I mean only one of mine now do too but I'm high level and have more of the tree filled out so I could afford to cut down on the defence.

Also instead of 6% ES nodes like normal builds we can take mana nodes like deep thoughts and soul siphon for a similar effect through Heirophant conversion which are also nodes that you haven't gotten yet.

Since you frontloaded all the damage nodes pretty much every point from now on will be giving you ES :)

If you want some pure ES nodes I'd grab Arcane focus. Its a node that I keep wanting to squeeze into the level 90 tree but its hard to make cuts. Shamanestic fury would probably be the cut though as its the lowest value nodes out of the ones in the current tree
Last edited by WaffleT on Sep 8, 2017, 3:43:46 PM
bored of golemancer, and came across this, looks like a creative fun build gonna give this a go thx.

Well this was a lucky first uber lab enchant. Should help with the tankiness a lot while I flesh out int/ES.
Fun build , Thanks for sharing. Currently level 81 with 0 death so hardcore viable i guess
Leveling was pretty smooth , i kept Hand of Thought and Motion from 22 to 68 with a 4L Ancestral Warchief (switched to 6L at 68)
I followed your 60 points tree except for ascendancies , i took the left path before cause i really wanted to be chaos immune before entering sewers act 8. I switched to CI when i had 3700 es , at lvl 56.
I really wanted to add grace , and luckily i dropped Skyforth boots , with an Enlighten 4 , we can use Discipline + one Purity + Grace at the same time
I know im loosing dps with those boots but Stun Immune is too good to pass.

My equip for now :

My current stats :
lvl 81
8 509 ES
24 140 Evasion (without flasks)
3 270 mana (130 unreserved)
1 408 Intel
tooltip dps in town : 37 811 with inc aoe , 56 796 with conc effect , gems are still leveling so they are far from 20/20
Res uncapped with purity of elements lvl 18 : 75-75-75 so The wise oak works perfectly

Some exemples of ES leveling stuff :
"If belts could roll Int then it would be possible for a crystal belt to be better here."

You actually can if you use an essence of spite. The fire res roll on this is pretty unfortunate but I've been able to patch over it with some jewels.

"
Mascimewolf wrote:
Fun build , Thanks for sharing. Currently level 81 with 0 death so hardcore viable i guess
Leveling was pretty smooth , i kept Hand of Thought and Motion from 22 to 68 with a 4L Ancestral Warchief (switched to 6L at 68)
I followed your 60 points tree except for ascendancies , i took the left path before cause i really wanted to be chaos immune before entering sewers act 8. I switched to CI when i had 3700 es , at lvl 56.
I really wanted to add grace , and luckily i dropped Skyforth boots , with an Enlighten 4 , we can use Discipline + one Purity + Grace at the same time
I know im loosing dps with those boots but Stun Immune is too good to pass.

Nice I'm happy it went so smoothly for you. Going deathless CI that low level shows good gameplay :)

I also spent some time trying to fit in grace but due to diminishing returns I could only get another 12% evade or something and I'd be sacrificing about 12% max ES by covering the lightning resistance on jewels and just decided to drop it, glad you could make it work.

"
FreezardB wrote:
"If belts could roll Int then it would be possible for a crystal belt to be better here."

You actually can if you use an essence of spite. The fire res roll on this is pretty unfortunate but I've been able to patch over it with some jewels.

Ahh right I forgot about that. In previous leagues whenever I tried to use those essences I just couldn't get it to roll resitances so I gave up and forgot about it. Since I patched the resistance anyway and started using the perseverance belt I don't think i'd go back even for the nice ES base. Onslaught just too fun
Last edited by WaffleT on Sep 10, 2017, 12:35:53 AM
Is there a reason why you use Jade flask instead of Stibnite Flask? with over 12k evasion, i imagine it would be better than jade?
"
16dots wrote:
Is there a reason why you use Jade flask instead of Stibnite Flask? with over 12k evasion, i imagine it would be better than jade?

Jade gives me 16,000 Evasion, Stibnite gives me 3,200 Evasion.

This is because through Shapers touch we have alot more %increased evasion then we do flat evasion which makes the flat evasion side of the equation more impactful to the final result so in terms of evasion rating jade is far more impressive

The smoke cloud on the other hand is not something I've really tested out myself, the blind would potentially have a good effect. Can anyone tell me how reliable it is to get that blind on a high priority target? Do guardians have less blind effect? If not then it could also be a good link on a support skill too
Last edited by WaffleT on Sep 11, 2017, 8:30:30 AM
I suppose it could work aswell as chieftain stacking STR and using Brutus Sprinkler
Oops wrong button, disregard
Last edited by WaffleT on Sep 11, 2017, 8:30:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info