[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Heirophant is substantially better / smoother for mapping. You get:

Stronger MoM. 10% translates to an actual 10/30 = 33% stronger mind over matter effect.

Much better sustain. 5% life regen and 2.5% mana regen (which gets multiplied by your %mana regen mods) for free.

Power charges maintain themselves, no need to cast an extra skill.

Endurance charges for free, up all the time (unless you run cwdt immortal call, obviously)

5 totems means you can be fighting on multiple fronts more easily, making mapping more comfortable and faster.

And the big one, 90% increased totem placement speed. Makes everything tons smoother.

------------------------

By contrast, the only mapping benefit inquisitor gets is 25% attack speed. That's nice, but doesn't compare to hierophants advantages. All of the inquisitor bonuses are focused on pure DPS, which is nice for bosses.

I've done a bunch of simming in PoB (scroll back a few pages if you want to see some of it), and found hierophant to be competitive with inquisitor on boss DPS, however at the high end inquisitor does pull ahead a bit, because GG shaper weapons are necessarily multi-element.

Top end shaper item setups will potentially end you up doing ~half your damage as cold, significantly limiting the utility of the cold pen support, and giving inquisitor an edge.

Honestly they're pretty close though even on bosses, so all the mapping QoL you get from hierophant makes it easily the best all around choice.
So far I use Controlled + Conc + Inc crit strikes + added fire ... the only issue so far in terms of dps was Lair boss. Of course, leveling Cold pen and hypo in offset for when the time comes. Just reached low red maps, feelsgoodman. I prefer to use Frost bomb/AoE/Duration for Surge proc.
Last edited by painguard on Mar 7, 2018, 3:45:04 PM
my gear is still shit and im only lvl 81 but when i switch to full conversion(using a hrimsorrow) my tooltip dps is almost only half of what it was with the added fire/phys to lighning setup. is cold pen worth so much dps? or should i wait until my gear gets better before is switch?

also: are the long winter jewels worth it? it seems like quite an investment to use 2 jewel slots for something that can so easily be achieved by head enchant/hrimburn.

Last edited by teclis123 on Mar 7, 2018, 3:48:18 PM
"
teclis123 wrote:
my gear is still shit and im only lvl 81 but when i switch to full conversion(using a hrimsorrow) my tooltip dps is almost only half of what it was with the added fire/phys to lighning setup. is cold pen worth so much dps? or should i wait until my gear gets better before is switch?

Path of building could tell you exactly, but for pure cold it is potentially worth ~40%+ more damage against bosses. If it cuts your DPS in half, then it probably isn't worth. But again, PoB would tell you exactly.

"
also: are the long winter jewels worth it? it seems like quite an investment to use 2 jewel slots for something that can so easily be achieved by head enchant/hrimburn.

Long winter isn't just for the conversion. The extra range it gives is quite significant, similar to running an increased AoE link. It isn't mandatory, but it is nice. There's no rush to get it though, the price will come down. It has already come down a bit (now 20c, was 30c on Sunday).
What are the best boots and gloves enchants for hiero?
Last edited by SuperElectric on Mar 7, 2018, 4:04:24 PM
"
SuperElectric wrote:
What are the best boots and gloves enchants for hiero?

Best boot enchant is crit chance if you haven't crit recently (assuming you don't use orb of storms).

Glove enchants are all pretty useless, better to just have fingerless silk gloves.
"

Stronger MoM. 10% translates to an actual 10/30 = 33% stronger mind over matter effect.

Please, can you explain it better?

In the tooltip of the Ascendancy it says 10%. So wouldn't it be 40% Damage taken from Mana Before Life?
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
"
lourun_coria wrote:
"

Please, can you explain it better?

In the tooltip of the Ascendancy it says 10%. So wouldn't it be 40% Damage taken from Mana Before Life?

Right and 40% is 33% more than 30%.

Put another way, an inquisitor wants a 7/3 life/mana ratio. A hierophant wants a 6/4 life/mana ratio.

Those ratios are for one-shot protection, of course. If you're running around without full life it is possible you get killed without dropping to 0 mana, which means life is slightly more important than the ratio suggests - but really only slightly. One shot (or extremely rapid) kills are the main way to die in this game. Death by attrition is pretty rare (that's what town portals are for, anyway).
I believe people tried both version. Which one you'll say its better for endgame and easier to play (shaper, uber atziri, etc)? Hiero or inqis? Willing try it on xbox :)
Hiero is great. Free power charges, free endurance charges and 5 totems. SMooth and fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info