[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
hey can we have Hall map run please? Build seems cool and really fun.
My atlas is actually at 124/126 right now - Hall is one map I haven't been able to do and Perandus Court I can't afford but I think I should be able to do no problem.
"
Spoiler

Hi thi3n!

Very good build and very similar to mine in fact haha.

I was thinking of publishing my build but I dont know if it's worthy anymore because of the existence of two or three very similar ones.

However, I am playing HC SSF Harbinger and Im very oriented to build up additional defense layers, so I put much more efforts and points in survavility than in DPS.

These are my additional layers of defense:

- 4 End charges with "lvl 10 CWDT + Inmortal Call + Increased Duration": So when I receive high damage I proc the IC around 3 seconds of physical Inmunity (the time to save my ass and wait for Mana and ES regen while I exit the dangerous zone).

- Dual Curse Setup:
+ Temp Chains manually Casted + Arcane Surge (combo)
+ Orb of Storms + PCoC + Curse on Hit + Enfeeble (double combo)
+ Curse Effect Nodes ( this gives +30% Curse Effect to both curses and nodes are not far away in my tree)

- Finally:

Unlike your build, I didnt go towards the Shadow Crit Nodes because I already had enough DPS with Soul Mantle. Instead of that, I took the Scion life nodes (and curse nodes as stated before).

-Asdendency Synergizing with Sulphur Flasks + Curse Inmunity : I took the Consecrated Ground Ascendancy Nodes instead of Instruments of Virtue and Augury of Pertinence.

Although I still need the Pious Path Ascendancy Node, but Im still afraid of Uber Izaro.

This Ascendancy synergizes very very well with these flasks (I can have the Diamond and Sulphur almost always up):

My passive tree, you can tell me what do you think (always in the context of HC League):
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWBAcEswVCCPQJqgthDR8QzBEtFkAWbxhqGjgdFB8CJKonLymLKhMsnC3SMtE2xTbpOlg8BTwoPC09X0GHQZZDyEShRUdFnUlPTLNOrk8EUDBTUlXGWAdY5VnzWiteXWaeaPJqQ2r6cg94L3sgfIN85YNfg8yD24PzhTKFfYuMjmSPRpBVkm6XLZo7muCbbpuhnL6fPp_fogCj8qcIp5SuEq6zr2yxNrb6tz68VryqvOrAZsCaxq7QH9D10f3SfNi92fza3dte42rr7u987-vwH_JF96b4k_nd-ej60v4K_oc=?accountName=lourun_coria&characterName=LOURUN_HC_SSF
I assume you're using enduring cry as well for Endurance Charge generation. This seems really great and I'm glad people have taken this build to Hardcore! Like I mentioned in the guide - I am a somewhat new player so I'm learning in the comfort of HSC. The dual curse seems convenient to grab and temp chains and enfeeble is basically the most defensive curse combo in the game! I did mention going away from shadow crit area for scion life nodes (also an extra jewel slot along the way) for people wanting more life with the build. Consecrated ground is likely the better boss killing ascendancy as well! Great to see other templars having success, thanks for your post!
Last edited by thi3n on Aug 29, 2017, 11:37:25 AM
Congratz and great build guide. It's high time someone made a GC totem build and leave pizza stick thread alone, haha. I've been lazily leveling one char for this build but 6L SM is soooo expensive so I'll settle with a 5L but I guess its dam will suffice until red map (hope so)

I found that a good leveling unique boot is this one:

Kaom's is good too but more sockets are always better imo
I will try the build and level with gc all the way, i will post the progress for those who want to know how is to level with gc totens, and nice guide btw
jesus from diablo straight to 3.0 and done that great already? isometric games must be your forte! haha
btw noticing your gear (but because this post is a bit older ill bet youve done it by now) have you tried going back through the lower level labs just to get your gloves and boots enchanted? the enchants may not be that great, but anything is better than nothing!
"
claydbp wrote:
I will try the build and level with gc all the way, i will post the progress for those who want to know how is to level with gc totens, and nice guide btw

Actually any spell build level the same manner anyway.

Personally I level with SRS (since I have a lot of experience with SRS) and a flame totem for added damage and familiarize myself with totem playstyle.

I rush to Ancestral Bond and immediately switch to dual GC spell totem at lv28 in a Tabula Rasa (but 5L only due to mana cost) and it's a breeze through all bosses. I guess you can still deal a lot of damage with a 4L.

At lv49 switch to a 4L or 5L Soul Mantle for 3 totems, grab 1-2 Surgeon flask of Warding and you're set. I personally use the minor pantheon of life flask recharge so that I never run out of warding during boss fights (though it's never a concern since bosses just smelt away with 3 totems).
"
wiwigvn wrote:
At lv49 switch to a 4L or 5L Soul Mantle for 3 totems, grab 1-2 Surgeon flask of Warding and you're set. I personally use the minor pantheon of life flask recharge so that I never run out of warding during boss fights (though it's never a concern since bosses just smelt away with 3 totems).

Surgeon doesn't work with totems, as you(the player) are not getting the critical hits, your totems are. Same rules apply for life on hit, mana leech, charges on kill, etc. etc.
Last edited by Dromlin on Sep 1, 2017, 7:56:16 AM
"
Congratz and great build guide. It's high time someone made a GC totem build and leave pizza stick thread alone, haha. I've been lazily leveling one char for this build but 6L SM is soooo expensive so I'll settle with a 5L but I guess its dam will suffice until red map (hope so)

I found that a good leveling unique boot is this one:

Mutewind Whispersteps Serpentscale Boots

Kaom's is good too but more sockets are always better imo
I actually think Koams is super important with this build because not only is it the most life you can get on a boot slot but it gives Unwavering Stance. If you're a totem player, you'll know the only time we're in trouble is if we're getting stun locked in a corner or something. Unwaving Stance also allows us to move away from Brine King for more Damage Reduction in the Pantheon... (and avoid chained projectiles! Which is super sweet because we use totems). Other than Atziri's Promise Flask and Soul Mantle I think Koams Roots are actually one of the most important uniques!

That being said, if you like more sockets (who doesn't) then go for it! When leveling I did have a nice setup on my boots with a high lvl CWDT - Lightning Golem - Culling Strike - Assassin's Mark which made it so I didn't have to recast my golem and it was pretty sweet!
"
jesus from diablo straight to 3.0 and done that great already? isometric games must be your forte! haha
I wasn't sure if killing shaper in 5 days of played time was good or not but a few of my viewers were impressed as well. While I do want to give some credit to my playerskill, I think it's more a testament to how strong the build is!
"
btw noticing your gear (but because this post is a bit older ill bet youve done it by now) have you tried going back through the lower level labs just to get your gloves and boots enchanted? the enchants may not be that great, but anything is better than nothing!
I actually haven't done it yet and you are 100% correct that something is better than nothing. My current boots are actually corrupted and can't be enchanted but the ideal Kaom's Roots would probably have the enchant with life/mana return when hit.
"
Sounds good, let me know how it goes. Glad you liked the guide!
"
Actually any spell build level the same manner anyway.

Personally I level with SRS (since I have a lot of experience with SRS) and a flame totem for added damage and familiarize myself with totem playstyle.

I rush to Ancestral Bond and immediately switch to dual GC spell totem at lv28 in a Tabula Rasa (but 5L only due to mana cost) and it's a breeze through all bosses. I guess you can still deal a lot of damage with a 4L.

This 100%! I think people are blind to follow guides during the leveling process when in fact there is a ton of wiggle room to do it however you please. This is why we get free refunds while leveling (I think ~20 points) which gives players a ton of flexibility to level however they choose. I was following pizzasticks but stayed firestorm without picking up the second totem keystone for so long because I didn't feel the need to switch and firestorm was putting in work!
Last edited by thi3n on Sep 1, 2017, 12:15:59 PM
I leveled with firestorm selfcast until level 33 was pretty fast and easy with some leveling uniques, at 33 i got ancestral bond and change to the gc totem, was a smooth change, at 49 i buy a 6 link soul mantle and every just melts now.
I have a question its worth to get a dagger/shield? Double daggers would give us much more damage?
Last edited by claydbp on Sep 1, 2017, 4:32:38 PM
Are there any map mods this build definitely cannot do? My friend playing this build gave away no regen maps, he said it's not possible for him, and I'm leveling this build atm so I was wondering about impossible mods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info