[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Nice day today, starforge card and 6L Soul Mantle :D Now clear speed is insane :D
Does the .5% of spell damage leeched as life from Illuminated Devotion work with totems or does it just leech it to the totems?
Is it worth it using 2 long winter jewels and the conversion helm enchant or should I just go for 40 percent damage on glacial cascade if I am using 2 long winter already? I'm not sure how the stacking works or if it does with physical to cold conversion... Love the build btw
"
kooowi wrote:
Nice day today, starforge card and 6L Soul Mantle :D Now clear speed is insane :D

Wich eq you using atm?

I tried kill chimera and literally it destroyed me. What shall i change from my eq?
"
Kylis wrote:
Does the .5% of spell damage leeched as life from Illuminated Devotion work with totems or does it just leech it to the totems?

It is just like any other life leech, it does not work with totems.

"
juntangy2 wrote:
Is it worth it using 2 long winter jewels and the conversion helm enchant or should I just go for 40 percent damage on glacial cascade if I am using 2 long winter already? I'm not sure how the stacking works or if it does with physical to cold conversion... Love the build btw

There's no point in going past 100% damage conversion.

There's a separate but similar stat which is physical damage as EXTRA cold damage (or whatever element) and you can have as much of that as you like. It shows up on shaper weapons, hatred, etc, and is extremely good for this build.
Are the totems actually applying shocked ailment when using phys to lightning? seems like a big thing to consider.
"
Skyforth is good boots for this build?
No.

"
As hiero I don't think PCoC on orb of storm is needed. I never run out of power charges.

I used orb of storm - arcane surge - curse on hit - frostbite (or other offensive curse, with defensive curse linked to cwdt). But in the end I switched to frost bomb.
Correct, it's not in the quick reference. I'll be clarifying this in the Gems and Links section.

"
Hi, nice build !

Why you don't take Shamanistic fury ?
That's certainly an option. I just don't think the additive damage and totem placement speed does much for the points we use to get it. I'd rather grab the jewel slot slightly above it with those 3 points and get something like 7 life and Crit Multi.

"
so with full phys to cold conversion... whats the curse of choice instead of ele weakness? frostbite?
Really depends on your gear. Try and look at your damage in PoB, but if you have shaper weapons that give you physical as light, or a boot enchant that has flat lightning damage if you haven't killed recently (like I currently do) then ele weakness is the way to go. Having an ele weakness also prepares you for the option to go Added Fire, Phys to Light, or set you up for any future Shaper mods you might upgrade into. For those reasons I typically prefer Ele Weakness but if you're PURE cold then Frostbite is obviously better.

"
So still it is Inquisitor all the way? Hiero has some nice changes but seems still not superior?
Hiero is the better league starter, easier to gear, easier to player, and overall better mapper. Inquis is only really great for the super late game boss encounters and it's close. If you're looking to get into the build I recommend doing Hiero.

"
Took a total of 20 jewellers and 8 fuse to link. There goes my rng for the league. This build is very solid. Currently level 85 and not running into any issues so far but I am thinking of changing the tree slightly to get more life as the damage is pretty sufficient at this point. Hope it holds up in late game maps.
What do you expect... a "grats"? Fk you buddy!!! :D I have dumped all my links into my 6 socket and still just rocking my 5 link (which I bought a prophecy to do).

"
My first ever Totem build since I started the game (4 leagues or so).

I dare to say, I used to think Totem builds are memes, boring, not for me and all that. I'd usually run more "into your face" builds, MoltenStrike, Frost Blades, Blade Vortex and stuff, min/max them with 200++ ex gear and be done with the league.

So far, GC Totems surprised me in a good way. Excited to see what a better gear brings. Currently lvl87 and I am running into low tier Red maps with one hand and blindfolded, its so funny.
Also I did finish uber lab @ lvl72 solo, while eating pasta, running in circles and totems melting Izaro. Also fun! ^^
I typically don't respond to specific gearing and success stories but this one cracked me up. lol... eating pasta and running around in circles in uber lab sounds hilarious.

"
What were you stats like when you did Uber Atziri and Shaper?
My Inquis pastebin has all of my stats for the Deathless Shaper video.

"
Great guide,great build.Playing it 2 seasons with a lot of success, just have one question.

Does culling strike linked with golem affect biscos quantity and rarity on drops?
Found it very effective against bosses just wonder if thats worth with biscos.

Best regards.
Yes, that culling strike setup is a nice one! I really like CWDT - Lightning Golem - Culling Strike - Increased Item Rarity

A setup like that prevents you from having to manually cast the golem and hes always up and culling tough stuff and giving you more rarity! However in the Bestiary league this might not be optimal since the new league mechanic wants you to keep the monster alive...

"
Can I ask why are you using faster projectiles with flame dash and lightning golem? does it effect?
The gems on my current character are not optimal. I'm having trouble coloring my Starkonjas.

"
It depends on what jewels you'd be replacing long winter with and what helm you can get the helm enchant on. Path of building will dictate whats the biggest upgrade for you.

"
No, but I think other templars in this thread are using Trolltimber Spire for some totem leech. I haven't tried this myself but I might end up giving this a shot on stream later today.

"
Are the totems actually applying shocked ailment when using phys to lightning? seems like a big thing to consider.
I am a big fan of phys to light. I really think the gem does a ton of work, especially while leveling and gearing. At some point (and it's different for everyone) your trash clearing is not an issue at all and applying shock to normals/rares is irrelevant and you'll want to pack vaal lightning trap if you're looking to shock bosses.

This same logic is applied to all the people inquiring about dropping Hatred. I don't have a specific tooltip DPS where it's appropriate to drop hatred. It depends on your gear, your level, what content you're doing. Just try not using it and see if your build feels worse!
"
Kylis wrote:

Yes, but you can't trust the PoB "shocked" checkbox, it will assume the maximum size shock, and most shocks against targets that matter (big bosses) won't be that substantial.

If you want to shock a boss, you can use vaal lightning trap. That 15% is more than you're going to get from phys to light / shaper lightning mods.
I don't understand about converting to cold damage...

Either you have the glove (that converts 50% into cold dmg) or 2x the long winter or 1x the helmet enchant ? CorrecT ?
Been busy this week, but now im back in full action. Just started my uber elder quest line, gonna take the build to Uber Elder and see how it goes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info