[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
Shinro28 wrote:
I don't understand about converting to cold damage...

Either you have the glove (that converts 50% into cold dmg) or 2x the long winter or 1x the helmet enchant ? CorrecT ?

I think the idea is to get to 100%. you can combo the jewels with a helm enchant or just use Hrimsorrow for the nice 50%.
my question is, once you get to 100%, is using the phys to light gem pointless?
"
The gems on my current character are not optimal. I'm having trouble coloring my Starkonjas.

Can you tell me the setup? I am trying to copy ur build so it would be nice if you shared your planned items/links.
Last edited by Dogahan on Mar 8, 2018, 5:22:20 PM
"
"
Shinro28 wrote:
I don't understand about converting to cold damage...

Either you have the glove (that converts 50% into cold dmg) or 2x the long winter or 1x the helmet enchant ? CorrecT ?

I think the idea is to get to 100%. you can combo the jewels with a helm enchant or just use Hrimsorrow for the nice 50%.
my question is, once you get to 100%, is using the phys to light gem pointless?

It is not pointless because the physical to light applies before the Full Cold Conversion (anyway that's very easy to check with the tooltip, give it a try and you will see).
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
Last edited by lourun_coria on Mar 8, 2018, 4:58:52 PM
I've been a little slow getting going this league, just starting end game now. Did my first guardian, chimera:

Felt nicer than when I was at this gear level on inquisitor last league, even though I got a lucky 6-link last league (have a little better weapons this league than I had at that stage last league though). But more than the damage, which was adequate despite those very tanky map mods, was the regen. Chimera is a fight with a lot of incidental damage (add phases) and I didn't really find myself needing to flask much at all. ~420 life and ~450 mana regen per second keeps you topped up pretty well.

PoB says I'm just barely shy of 100k guardian/shaper DPS.

I also did red elder but that was predictably easy, I thought they were supposed to be buffing it compared to last league but I guess not.

My gear so far this league:
Spoiler

The scepter is probably my best item, just spammed alts for it pretty much. I wish it was a sambar scepter, but I haven't seen any ilvl 80+ shaper ones up for reasonable prices, so I said screw it and crafted on a random one. The dagger is also crafted (misery essences), and is sort of medium, but serves for now.

Boots belt and gloves are all slated for upgrade soonish, probably boots first because I want to start farming for "120% increased crit if you haven't crit recently" lab enchant, and those aren't worth doing it to. Basically something similar that also has a good mana roll (instead of ES) is the target.

Edit: incidentally "phys as extra damage of a random element" is a mod that PoB does not understand. To make it work, you have to break the mod apart like so:

That will average out the same as 28% phys as random element, though if you want to know how big of shocks and freezes you get it will be a little bit wrong. But for average damage it works fine to break it out like that.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 8, 2018, 8:19:56 PM
hi mate iam doing this build. i was thinking what would be the a good helmet rat's nest or starkonja on your opinion ? thanks iam crntly lvl 87 now in bestiary was thinking to buy helmet with enchant and i was thinking which is better starkonja or rat's nest ?
A unique belt that seemed to work well with this build (at least for Hierophant) is Tactician. It doesnt have the raw life but has decent str and gives up to 25% all resists at 200+ str and up to 60% global crit at 200+ int. Not to mention it comes with a 50% increased flask charge gain and up to 40% phys damage boost.
Question about the ascendancy nodes...If I constantly have arcane surge up...would it be better to get Illuminated Devotion instead of Divine Guidance? I'm trying to figure out how much more DPS I would get on path of building but it doesn't seem to add that 40% spell damage. Not sure if I need that extra mana+10%mana before life or 40% spell damage. Any suggestions?

PoB: https://pastebin.com/UjKNWvfT
Just killed Shaper and all the Guardians on stream with just a 5-Link!

My atlas is almost all setup - too scared to try Uber Elder without a 6link...
"
xendoz wrote:
Question about the ascendancy nodes...If I constantly have arcane surge up...would it be better to get Illuminated Devotion instead of Divine Guidance? I'm trying to figure out how much more DPS I would get on path of building but it doesn't seem to add that 40% spell damage. Not sure if I need that extra mana+10%mana before life or 40% spell damage. Any suggestions?

PoB: https://pastebin.com/UjKNWvfT

Yup looks like that node is bugged in PoB.

You can simulate it by just adding 40% spell damage to an item. I added it to your quicksilver flask, it is an 8.6% damage bump for you.
https://pastebin.com/6aYjxhZu

As for which to do, the build doesn't really hurt for DPS, but the stronger MoM (and big chunk of mana pool to soak it) makes you noticeably tankier.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 9, 2018, 1:11:29 AM
"
Yup looks like that node is bugged in PoB.

You can simulate it by just adding 40% spell damage to an item. I added it to your quicksilver flask, it is an 8.6% damage bump for you.
https://pastebin.com/6aYjxhZu

As for which to do, the build doesn't really hurt for DPS, but the stronger MoM (and big chunk of mana pool to soak it) makes you noticeably tankier.

Thanks, will go for the tank nodes since I'm lacking a bit on health.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info