[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Can it be done with disintgrater staff? Lose one totem.
That staff add same phy damage to spells as the spell does alone at lvl 20.
So was just wonder
"
Celestial Judgement. 3 nodes gives you 32% Elemental Damage and 5% of each pen, compare this with a Jewel Node to decide if you think this is good enough value for your build.

I was looking for celestial judgement and i wasn't able to find it on the tree. The node is called Divine Judgement. Small typo to fix.
Thoughts on an eternity shroud version of this build? Would you convert phys to light to cold to fire to chaos? Any ideas?
"
Diemian wrote:
Thoughts on an eternity shroud version of this build? Would you convert phys to light to cold to fire to chaos? Any ideas?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the phys > light > cold > fire > chaos. Glacial cascade starts as phys and goes to cold, without any conversions to light or fire without specific mods to do so. With GC at 100% phys to cold conversion, Eternity Shroud would only convert the cold damage to extra chaos.

All that is pointless though, as this build revolves around Soul Mantle. Any attempt to replace Soul Mantle would just reduce the damage drastically. Soul Mantle essentially gives a 7L and an additional totem, which is better than any other potential body armor.
I actually only use soul mantle version for uber elder and his lightning guardian. I use gc totems as a starter every leauge and just buy a six link w/e when I hit maps. Soul mantle is NOT required for the build, and you can do a lot of other things with the build. Also GC doesn't convert 100% to cold on it's own, and was wondering if I could use smaller conversion sources like glove enchants to double dip the rest of the element chain.
"
Diemian wrote:
I actually only use soul mantle version for uber elder and his lightning guardian. I use gc totems as a starter every leauge and just buy a six link w/e when I hit maps. Soul mantle is NOT required for the build, and you can do a lot of other things with the build. Also GC doesn't convert 100% to cold on it's own, and was wondering if I could use smaller conversion sources like glove enchants to double dip the rest of the element chain.

I don't really understand why you would take a such a big hit to your DPS by not using Soul Mantle, but you're right in that it's not technically required. And yes I am aware that GC doesn't convert to 100% cold, but trying to convert the last 40% to something other than cold doesn't make sense. You'll again be losing DPS by not taking advantage of your Cold Penetration Support and potentially Hatred if you're using that.

Not sure what you're talking about double dipping, as damage conversion only goes in one direction and there's nothing to double dip about it. For example, if you have 1000 cold damage and get 5% extra chaos damage from Eternity Shroud, that's 50 chaos damage. If you split the damage to 250 fire, 500 cold, and 250 light you'll still only get 50 extra chaos damage (12.5 fire, 25 cold, and 12.5 light). And again, if you're using Hatred then you're now actually losing DPS as you're only getting 18% increased cold damage of 500 damage instead of 18% of 1000 damage.

Not trying to discourage modifying the build to how you like it, but this build as it stands is already pretty optimized as far as using glacial cascade and spell totem can be in a build.
Last edited by Dromlin on Apr 29, 2019, 6:11:08 PM
"
Where is an updated version with no legacy items.
One with items as they are now in 3.6.
I haven't played this build in a few patches - I'll probably revisit this build in patch 3.7.

"
I've read the guide again but i don't see details about jewels.

You gave a couple of examples of your gear combinations, but it would be great to see what jewels work with which item setup.

I've got a couple of kikazarus and i find it easier this way than juggling flasks, but i am wondering if you're getting something from jewels that we're not seeing from the guide on that item setup. What's missing?
For my gear combinations I usually prioritize multi and life as is mentioned in the guide. If you are keeping curses on top of your head then Self-Flagellation is a good choice.

"
Can it be done with disintgrater staff? Lose one totem.
That staff add same phy damage to spells as the spell does alone at lvl 20.
So was just wonder
I have never done a staff version but this sounds interesting with the new AoE Staff nodes as well.

"
I was looking for celestial judgement and i wasn't able to find it on the tree. The node is called Divine Judgement. Small typo to fix.
Updated thanks.

"
I say go for it and report back. I always encourage players to try out different variations of builds to really make it feel like their own. I am but one man and cannot try every variation to the build out there so it's always interesting to see people try different setups. In these 180+ pages of comments I've seen people with mirror tier weapons and low life variations. As items get released and re-balanced there will always be different ways to take the build.
Thanks for the guide, very nice way to play the game. I have some questions about the armor. I know that Soul Mantle is arguably the best armor for most totem builds, but in this case how about a different one? I was thinking specially in two options:

** Shroud of the Lightless: Elemental penetration looks so good, also has some nice bonuses for mana and HP, combined with Shade form this could make a very nice "tankier" version of the build.

** Carcass Jack: up to 50% increased area of effect and area damage also looks very interesting. Extra gore is a bonus! :D

Thanks.
How much dexterity do i need approximately?
What should be ticked in configuration for pob?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info