[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Those of you with experience playing the build, I know he mentions freezing pulse/frost bomb as a leveling skill until we can use GC. Any other recommendations that any of you have personally used?
"
idema3d wrote:
Thanks for the guide, very nice way to play the game. I have some questions about the armor. I know that Soul Mantle is arguably the best armor for most totem builds, but in this case how about a different one? I was thinking specially in two options:

** Shroud of the Lightless: Elemental penetration looks so good, also has some nice bonuses for mana and HP, combined with Shade form this could make a very nice "tankier" version of the build.

** Carcass Jack: up to 50% increased area of effect and area damage also looks very interesting. Extra gore is a bonus! :D

Thanks.

Now with new tree and 2x Kikasarus we'll have 100% unaffected by curses so Soul Mantel will be BiS.
New Precision aura is a possibility? 186 reserved mana at lvl 20 for 59% increased crit chance.
Also Frostblink may be an interesting movement skill.
Last edited by Ksakep on Jun 6, 2019, 2:17:14 AM
New Video!

"
What should be ticked in configuration for pob?
I'm not super good with PoB but I like to tick target is Shaper/Guardian and check my flasks.

"
Now with new tree and 2x Kikasarus we'll have 100% unaffected by curses so Soul Mantel will be BiS.
I'll probably still just use a curse flask but yes this is an option for fully negating the self-curses.

"
New Precision aura is a possibility? 186 reserved mana at lvl 20 for 59% increased crit chance.
Also Frostblink may be an interesting movement skill.
I dont think Precision is worth it at all. I will be using Frostblink in the upcoming league and looking to link it with things like bonechill and arcane surge to squeeze a little more value out of it.
Apologies if this has already been asked, but how does this build compare to Elemental Hit Heiro? I played that last league and it was nice not to need a 6-link (due to +4 to EH from Frostferno).

Thanks for the great guide thi3n!
1. fyi - the pastebin is still a 3.6 tree - when converting and comparing it in PoB after updating to 3.7 the number of points allocated drops to 93 - found it was the 3 nodes behind MoM which I think are being removed in 3.7.

2. having not used GC before, because it is AoE - will it likely have a good legion cracking ability? (possibly not on par with the theoretical contagion/ed, but decent nonetheless?) thanks for any thoughts
Can this guide be used in 3.7 for arc totem, like the same build but just switch GC for arc? Or it would need a rework?

Not really the SAME build, but I mean most of the three with some twist in ascendancy and some passive nodes.
Last edited by idema3d on Jun 10, 2019, 7:04:59 PM
I noticed a lot of questions being asked and a lack of answers so I'll try to weigh in to some of them. I have been pretty much only playing totem builds with my almost 900 hours of playtime.

My current Legion build based on this one (level 89): https://pastebin.com/PJ0rk7wS

"
Can this guide be used in 3.7 for arc totem, like the same build but just switch GC for arc? Or it would need a rework?

Not really the SAME build, but I mean most of the three with some twist in ascendancy and some passive nodes.

I don't think so. Arc totems are based on critical strike way more than Glacial Cascade totems are. The optimal items and the tree are quite different. I used https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2201648 before for arc totems, but it is probably not up to date. In my opinion, GC is way better than Arc totems, especially when it comes to survivability.

"
1. fyi - the pastebin is still a 3.6 tree - when converting and comparing it in PoB after updating to 3.7 the number of points allocated drops to 93 - found it was the 3 nodes behind MoM which I think are being removed in 3.7.

The tree is fine. It's just the couple of passives behind MoM that are missing. Just put them where ever.

"
2. having not used GC before, because it is AoE - will it likely have a good legion cracking ability? (possibly not on par with the theoretical contagion/ed, but decent nonetheless?) thanks for any thoughts

Definitely not on par with ed/contagion, but you can surely still "full clear" monoliths with this build, although some experience with toteming well might be required.

"

I guess. You could try replacing hatred in essence worm with it for 0 mana reserved and see what happens to your DPS. Mana is only used for MoM in this build so everything you take away from mana is away from survivability.

"
Those of you with experience playing the build, I know he mentions freezing pulse/frost bomb as a leveling skill until we can use GC. Any other recommendations that any of you have personally used?

Time you spend leveling and doing the acts is virtually nothing, so I wouldn't worry too much what skill to use when leveling. I just used glacial hammer because it was the first skill I got my hands on.

"
How much dexterity do i need approximately?

I am sitting on 117 DEX at level 89 and haven't felt the need to specifically look for DEX in gear or passives. Cold Penetration and Culling Strike games require around 108 dex at level 19 and I think those are the deciding factors regarding how much dex you need.
Whats wrong with totem damage in POB?
96.2k with flasks, is this ok?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info