[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

POB is showing only 60k dps per totem. Is that accurate? Seems low.
How do you deal with DOT's like in desecrated ground, caustic ground, burning etc...

Thanks again!
Possibly some stupid questions (i am fairly new, first run with the game, currently level 62):

1. How come no move speed on the boots?

I am assuming it is because you have 2 abilities that move you faster, is that it?

2. Also, I got a 4 linked (all blue) soul mantle. What do i need to get before using it, i am assuming the curses are a big pain and i need at least the 2 curse clearing flasks first? What else?

3. Why blast radius? Wouldn't shamanistic fury give more bang for those points? +60% totem damage seems very significant.

Really interesting guide, i think ill go towards it for my endgame, but a lot of information to understand still.
"
POB is showing only 60k dps per totem. Is that accurate? Seems low.
PoB is literally a calculator so if that's what it's showing with whatever checkboxes you have ticked then yes it's accurate.

"
How do you deal with DOT's like in desecrated ground, caustic ground, burning etc...

Thanks again!
What do you mean by deal with them? Don't stand in them. Use life/mana potions if it drained you, that's all we got, if you're looking for a high regen endurance charge build or something like that then you'll struggle with this build.

"
Possibly some stupid questions (i am fairly new, first run with the game, currently level 62):

1. How come no move speed on the boots?

I am assuming it is because you have 2 abilities that move you faster, is that it?

2. Also, I got a 4 linked (all blue) soul mantle. What do i need to get before using it, i am assuming the curses are a big pain and i need at least the 2 curse clearing flasks first? What else?

3. Why blast radius? Wouldn't shamanistic fury give more bang for those points? +60% totem damage seems very significant.

Really interesting guide, i think ill go towards it for my endgame, but a lot of information to understand still.
1) Movespeed is great - but you're correct flame dash and Whilring Blades don't care about movespeed.

2) Curse clearing flasks or Kikazarus are how people deal with self cursing. In this latest patch (synthesis) there is a modifier available on shields with the "immune to curses if this item is corrupted" that is another way.

3) I encourage people to experiment with the tree and go off the beaten path. I prefer area of effect when clearing but if you want the damage and the placement speed shamanistic fury is an option. Nearly all your questions are answered by the guide so I do encourage you to read past the quick reference and in the in-depth gear section or the Questions I've Answered section.
Thanks!

Yes sorry for asking questions that are covered in the guide, it's a long guide and i have been reading bits of it over the past week+ so i don't remember everything at the same time.
Where is an updated version with no legacy items.
One with items as they are now in 3.6.
I've read the guide again but i don't see details about jewels.

You gave a couple of examples of your gear combinations, but it would be great to see what jewels work with which item setup.

I've got a couple of kikazarus and i find it easier this way than juggling flasks, but i am wondering if you're getting something from jewels that we're not seeing from the guide on that item setup. What's missing?
A possible improvement, let me know what you think.

Since mana only reduces damage taken by 30%, we only need our available mana to be 30% of our current health + shield. The totems hardly use any mana, so we don't need to factor that in.

If we have significantly more mana than the necessary 30% effective life to mana ratio, it's a dead resource that could be be used to gain extra dps, so why not use a herald? It would boost the totem's damage even more, and it can be plugged into any extra gem slot available.

Currently i have 4500 life+shield combined, and 2100 mana of which i only need 0.3 * 4500 = 1350... that leaves 750 mana, or in other words 35% of my mana available, plenty to use a 25% herald of ice and have a 10% margin for abilities. Not that it's necessary since we're using blood magic.

At some point we unlock divine guidance and the math becomes 40%, but until then, and even after, if we have extra mana past that we should consider using a herald.

Is this correct or am i missing something?
"
DrakenKin wrote:
Currently i have 4500 life+shield combined, and 2100 mana of which i only need 0.3 * 4500 = 1350... that leaves 750 mana, or in other words 35% of my mana available, plenty to use a 25% herald of ice and have a 10% margin for abilities. Not that it's necessary since we're using blood magic.

You are missing a couple things. First, you are assuming that MoM means you only need your mana to be 30% of your max life. You can read more on the Mind Over Matter wiki page to see the calculations, but the recommended unreserved mana is 43% of max life. Think of taking a 1000 damage hit, you take 30% of that damage as mana first, so 300 mana and 700 life damage. This ratio is 7:3 life to mana which is not the same as having 700 max life and then calculating 30% of that to mana (which would be 210 mana).

The second thing is that Hatred is the preferred aura for this build if you're going to have an aura, unless you have a Watcher's Eye that works off a different aura. Pair Hatred with an Essence Worm if you're low on the life:mana ratio.

Finally, you really shouldn't be struggling on DPS with this build, so sacrificing survivability in exchange for the small amount of damage a herald would give just isn't worth it.

Edit: The recommended unreserved mana of 43% of max life is only for when you have MoM alone. Once you have Divine Guidance it goes up to 67% of max life. Obviously there are a number of other factors, such as if you're talking about damage from a single large hit, or if it's multiple hits and thus flasks and regen can be factored in.

Edit 2: One thing I forgot to mention, is that while ES can be a life saver against big hits, it's not ideal in situations where you're constantly taking hits. This build doesn't have any way to quickly recharge ES, so unless you're not taking damage for 4-5 seconds then it's not a good idea to use it in MoM mana calculations. Assuming your life is around 4k, that would mean your unreserved mana would need to be 1720. This jumps up to 2680 with Divine Guidance, but that is likely too high an estimate as it only counts for single hits, and doesn't allow for mana regen and flasks.
Last edited by Dromlin on Apr 24, 2019, 9:29:08 PM
Very good points, ty!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info