[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
Autofire2 wrote:
Guys, any suggestions for what Im missing to beef up my build?

I'm close to killing UberLab (twice in a row died with a sliver of Izarios life remaining but I've also not been playing the fight well...my previous build was such an Izario killer that it barely mattered) and I have up to t15 unlocked but I just don't feel safe.

I take a TON of damage, and I don't feel tanky. I'll post my current stats soon and of course they'll be rendered obsolete when I get the final ascendancy but just to give some idea. I feel like my defense is wafer thin, even with two Reckless Defence jewels

Thanks! And thanks Adam, have switched in a couple of quick heal life flasks too!

EDIT: beat Izario, but the underlying issue of being too much like tissue paper remains. I've taken Pupper Master since my rez was already capped but I can respec if that's better.
What are your stats? Life, Mana, Armour, elemental resists?

The only thing that jumps out at me is a lack of life on your gear. We only have a few items that can have added life - rings, amulet, gloves, belt, helm, and we tend to reserve 1 or 2 of those for uniques without life mods, so we have to max our life rolls on the rest. You have low rolls on your rings and gloves, which probably means you're running without enough effective life.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on May 27, 2018, 7:24:53 PM
"
grimjack68 wrote:

The only thing that jumps out at me is a lack of life on your gear. We only have a few items that can have added life - rings, amulet, gloves, belt, helm, and we tend to reserve 1 or 2 of those for uniques without life mods, so we have to max our life rolls on the rest. You have low rolls on your rings and gloves, which probably means you're running without enough effective life.

Hey! Here's a full paste of my character view: https://ibb.co/hD1OdJ

Summary
Level: 87
Life: 4241
Mana: 1930
Shield: 1088
Armour: 4020
Evasion: 877
Resists: overcapped (except lightning which is 72)
Block/Spell Block: 49/44

Thanks!
Last edited by Autofire2 on May 28, 2018, 4:22:12 AM
Not sure if re-posting, but does it make sense to use the Animated Guardian with Solar Guards? Dyadus makes enemies take more "Burning Damage", which is what TVs and Wicker Men deal, but Solar Guards deal fire damage, and not its DoT Burning Damage variant, correct?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on May 28, 2018, 12:42:15 PM
"
Jadran wrote:
Not sure if re-posting, but does it make sense to use the Animated Guardian with Solar Guards? Dyadus makes enemies take more "Burning Damage", which is what TVs and Wicker Men deal, but Solar Guards deal fire damage, and not its DoT Burning Damage variant, correct?

AG is great with SGs, but requires slightly different items.

Weapon: Dying Breath, there are no other sane options. Singularity is absolute total garbage.

Gloves: Southbound, a lot of HP.

Boots: Victario's flight, again, the only real option. Rainbowstride is a slightly hypocritic choice (as well as going for sheild option) - the things that can kill your AG without such items would still kill him even with them.

Chest: Zandessu's or Belly. I personally prefer a high life roll of Belly.

Helm: Leer Cast, once again, I personally consider any thoughts about going the BoR route to be completely futile.
What is the preferred 6 link for solar guards?

I saw people using controlled destruction over fire penetration... which is better?

I'm playing with the Ahn's Heritage version of the build. Currently I have 65/63 block with Bone Offering up, 1 Reckless Defense and

I am not a fan of Rumi's and prefer as much passive block as possible :D
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
"
Jadran wrote:

AG is great with SGs, but requires slightly different items.

Weapon: Dying Breath, there are no other sane options. Singularity is absolute total garbage.

Gloves: Southbound, a lot of HP.

Boots: Victario's flight, again, the only real option. Rainbowstride is a slightly hypocritic choice (as well as going for sheild option) - the things that can kill your AG without such items would still kill him even with them.

Chest: Zandessu's or Belly. I personally prefer a high life roll of Belly.

Helm: Leer Cast, once again, I personally consider any thoughts about going the BoR route to be completely futile.

Good info, thanks!

So we don't worry to fill 4L slots for AG with high res items and go for utility instead?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Thanks for the build! I'm brand-new, so testing it out as a possible starter for Incursion. Quick question: equilibrium is confusing me. I know I should use Orb of Storms to proc it, as most of my damage is fire. But what about if I have gear that adds cold damage to my attacks? Is that working against me?
Thanks again!
Last edited by CoachEvan on May 28, 2018, 9:06:59 PM
"
CoachEvan wrote:
Thanks for the build! I'm brand-new, so testing it out as a possible starter for Incursion. Quick question: equilibrium is confusing me. I know I should use Orb of Storms to proc it, as most of my damage is fire. But what about if I have gear that adds cold damage to my attacks? Is that working against me?
Thanks again!

hey dude, arc is a spell not an attack so it should be fine, however if you are shield charging that is an attack and will hit enemies for cold dmg and apply EE. AFAIK, cold and light dmg are ok to have as they will still make enemies take more fire dmg. You just do not want to have ANY fire damage to attacks or spells on your gear what-so-ever.
IGN Beastiary AwGeezRick
"
Autofire2 wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:

Summary

Thanks!
Ok, that helps a lot. Is that block with Rumi's active? Are you using a Rumi's? Your block is quite low. 70%+ is required, IMO.

And as expected, your life is low. If you get your life up a bit, you can drop a health flask for a utility flask that buffs your defense even more, for example:
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Autofire2 wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:

Summary

Thanks!
Ok, that helps a lot. Is that block with Rumi's active? Are you using a Rumi's? Your block is quite low. 70%+ is required, IMO.

And as expected, your life is low. If you get your life up a bit, you can drop a health flask for a utility flask that buffs your defense even more, for example:

I do have Rumi's, and that's the Block without Rumis. Should I just try to get better versions of my gloves and belt as a starter, for good life mods?

Thanks! I'll look into it. But I think it'll be really hard to get my raw block above 50 now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info