[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
"
Jadran wrote:
Not sure if re-posting, but does it make sense to use the Animated Guardian with Solar Guards? Dyadus makes enemies take more "Burning Damage", which is what TVs and Wicker Men deal, but Solar Guards deal fire damage, and not its DoT Burning Damage variant, correct?

AG is great with SGs, but requires slightly different items.

Weapon: Dying Breath, there are no other sane options. Singularity is absolute total garbage.

Gloves: Southbound, a lot of HP.

Boots: Victario's flight, again, the only real option. Rainbowstride is a slightly hypocritic choice (as well as going for sheild option) - the things that can kill your AG without such items would still kill him even with them.

Chest: Zandessu's or Belly. I personally prefer a high life roll of Belly.

Helm: Leer Cast, once again, I personally consider any thoughts about going the BoR route to be completely futile.

I think you could also use Kingmaker. With the zombiemancer, Kingmaker beat out Dying Breath by a little bit. I know this build is different, but pseudo 10% MORE damage is hard to beat.
"
Autofire2 wrote:

I do have Rumi's, and that's the Block without Rumis. Should I just try to get better versions of my gloves and belt as a starter, for good life mods?

Thanks! I'll look into it. But I think it'll be really hard to get my raw block above 50 now

That's probably block without Bone Offering active too, in which case, you'll be fine. BO will boost you by another 17% at level 20, and Rumi's will put you up by another 17% for your current one. That will cap you at 75, with a bit of overcap just in case.

That means you just need to work on life, and possibly your life / mana balance for MoM. Quick calcs:
4241 / 70 x 30 = 1818, so your current ratio is damn near spot on. I like to have a bit of mana left over to I can still use Whirling Blades or Shield Charge to flee.

So, my advice would be:
- Drop your current helm. Something with similar stats for life / armour / es can be picked up for a couple chaos, and you'll get some resistances as well. And very likely some extra life as well. That will allow you to
- Drop the resist nodes / jewel socket next to Sentinel. Put those 6 points into the Scion life wheel next to Path of the Warrior and Quick Recovery.
- If your resists are still not capped, consider swapping Pupper Master for Commander of Darkness. If you have some spare currency, consider picking up a better belt with life, resists, and I like a big armour roll. Look to upgrade your rings / gloves as well, looking for life, mana, resists, and an open slot on the gloves for Catarina's Minions deal increased damage craft.

At that point you should be able to drop to a single healing flask, a speed flask (I'd drop the unique for a regular one, it holds the same number of charges but uses less, so you can have it active more often), A rumi's (or 2 - I often carry 2 so I can maintain it during boss fights), and something that boosts your defenses some more. I usually carry a jade flask with armour boost, and I'll swap to a fire flask for Atziri or whatever is appropriate.

Oh, and Quality your gear. It's a cheap upgrade, and makes more difference that you would think.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Kurnis wrote:

I think you could also use Kingmaker. With the zombiemancer, Kingmaker beat out Dying Breath by a little bit. I know this build is different, but pseudo 10% MORE damage is hard to beat.
Kingmaker is absolutely a great choice, I've used that as well. Most people avoid it because a Dying Breath is 1c item and Kingmaker is 25c.

However, Kingmaker affects nearby allies, and the damn AG seems to want to run ahead and get out of range. Dying breath affects both allies and enemies, so you get one effect no matter where it is, and if you're in close you probably get both.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Autofire2 wrote:

I do have Rumi's, and that's the Block without Rumis. Should I just try to get better versions of my gloves and belt as a starter, for good life mods?

Thanks! I'll look into it. But I think it'll be really hard to get my raw block above 50 now

That's probably block without Bone Offering active too, in which case, you'll be fine. BO will boost you by another 17% at level 20, and Rumi's will put you up by another 17% for your current one. That will cap you at 75, with a bit of overcap just in case.

That means you just need to work on life, and possibly your life / mana balance for MoM. Quick calcs:
4241 / 70 x 30 = 1818, so your current ratio is damn near spot on. I like to have a bit of mana left over to I can still use Whirling Blades or Shield Charge to flee.

So, my advice would be:
- Drop your current helm. Something with similar stats for life / armour / es can be picked up for a couple chaos, and you'll get some resistances as well. And very likely some extra life as well. That will allow you to
- Drop the resist nodes / jewel socket next to Sentinel. Put those 6 points into the Scion life wheel next to Path of the Warrior and Quick Recovery.
- If your resists are still not capped, consider swapping Pupper Master for Commander of Darkness. If you have some spare currency, consider picking up a better belt with life, resists, and I like a big armour roll. Look to upgrade your rings / gloves as well, looking for life, mana, resists, and an open slot on the gloves for Catarina's Minions deal increased damage craft.

At that point you should be able to drop to a single healing flask, a speed flask (I'd drop the unique for a regular one, it holds the same number of charges but uses less, so you can have it active more often), A rumi's (or 2 - I often carry 2 so I can maintain it during boss fights), and something that boosts your defenses some more. I usually carry a jade flask with armour boost, and I'll swap to a fire flask for Atziri or whatever is appropriate.

Oh, and Quality your gear. It's a cheap upgrade, and makes more difference that you would think.

Thanks Grim, amazing info as always.

It seems this sequence of events starts with changing my helm...I was just using the best helm recommended by the guide. Would you instead recommend something like this? (I can afford it if its that much better)

Rat's Nest Ursine Pelt 7 months ago[wiki]
Level: 60 Dexterity: 114 ilvl: 76 Max sockets: 4 (4)
enchanted Spectres have 40% increased Damage
15% increased Attack Speed
72% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
150% increased Evasion Rating
23% increased Rarity of Items found
10% increased Movement Speed
10% reduced Character Size

Also: I assume Bone Offering is for when you want to be defensive against bosses and Flesh Offering is for faster mapping? That's how I've been using it at least

Cheers, and thanks again!
"
Autofire2 wrote:

Thanks Grim, amazing info as always.

It seems this sequence of events starts with changing my helm...I was just using the best helm recommended by the guide. Would you instead recommend something like this? (I can afford it if its that much better)

Rat's Nest Ursine Pelt 7 months ago[wiki]
Level: 60 Dexterity: 114 ilvl: 76 Max sockets: 4 (4)
enchanted Spectres have 40% increased Damage
15% increased Attack Speed
72% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
150% increased Evasion Rating
23% increased Rarity of Items found
10% increased Movement Speed
10% reduced Character Size

Also: I assume Bone Offering is for when you want to be defensive against bosses and Flesh Offering is for faster mapping? That's how I've been using it at least

Cheers, and thanks again!

please god, no. Rat's nest seems like a terrible helmet for this build.

You don't deal any damage yourself, so almost all those stats are useless. The only useful part is the enchant, which you can get on any helm.
Dyadus: No longer has the mod "Enemies chilled by you take 100% increased burning damage". Dyadus now has "100% increased Damage with Ignites inflicted on Chilled Enemies".

RIP 2xDyadus AG

Guessing this hurts the build a bit...
"
Kurnis wrote:
Dyadus: No longer has the mod "Enemies chilled by you take 100% increased burning damage". Dyadus now has "100% increased Damage with Ignites inflicted on Chilled Enemies".

RIP 2xDyadus AG

I would go Kingmaker for AG now.

Kingmaker
Belly of the Beast
Voll's Vision
Southbound
Aztiri's Step

I think culling strike is so necessary for late game bosses, that I actually dropped my dual curse (enfeeble > temp chains) last league to have culling support for my enfeeble-on-hit arc.
Last edited by hobbes3k on May 29, 2018, 11:32:59 PM
sorry for the noob question but I didn't find it in the original post. is this a good build for beginners and for a new league?
"
sighlight wrote:
sorry for the noob question but I didn't find it in the original post. is this a good build for beginners and for a new league?

One of the easiest and best, yes. Even the levelling process is fairly easy and flexible.
"
Kurnis wrote:
RIP 2xDyadus AG

I smashed everything deathless including the T16 Guardians and red map Elder without even using the AG skill at all in my build last season, so I'd say probably not.

To be perfectly honest, the SG's obliterate everything but bosses so quick you don't even notice not having the AG at all & the TV's melt bosses so quickly, you also don't even notice not having it. Uber Elder and Shaper are pretty much the only fights in the entire game where I even noticed the difference having an AG equipped.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info