[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
francium wrote:
Am i right in assuming that the -6% from Heart of Flames along with the fire/burning damage doesn't apply to the Vanguards? That section got a nice little buff. Going from -24 to -30 fire res is a nice little buff. Too bad Vaal Impurity of Fire only ignores fire resistance on hits.
Very likely that you are correct, and this only applies to you, not your minions. Testing it is going to be pretty easy.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
HÄSI wrote:
"
A small comfort is the new Combustion Support which can be used with AG to give an additional -19% fire res to enemies.

Noob Question:

If we use Flammability as curse, do we still get the -% fire res from Combustion?
These should stack, but until we get real world testing...
"
Mordrigar wrote:
So, lots of builds got their buffs but this one nerfed a bit, right? Dyadus was really helping on boss kills.

Will there be any update on this one? I'm gonna use it as starter.
I wouldn't be concerned, to be honest. I've run the last 2 leagues without an AG at all, and all content ... except HotGM ... is still quite simple.
"
kayella wrote:
Would fire-eaters + flammability + dyadus AG have more total fire damage than TV + EW?
Unlikely. Flammability at 20/20 is nearly the same as EW at 20/20, and TVs are significantly more damage than fire eaters.

Testing is the only way to be sure, however, as TV damage stats aren't available.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
kayella wrote:
Would fire-eaters + flammability + dyadus AG have more total fire damage than TV + EW?
Unlikely. Flammability at 20/20 is nearly the same as EW at 20/20, and TVs are significantly more damage than fire eaters.

Testing is the only way to be sure, however, as TV damage stats aren't available.

yep I think this build will still be very strong and easily capable of carrying to t16s / shaper on a modest budget.

The AG nerf can be partially offset using deaths breath / leer cast and other dmg items on your AG.

I am going to use this as my league starter to complete the atlas and decide on a more expensive build
IGN Beastiary AwGeezRick
"
vileArchon wrote:

yep I think this build will still be very strong and easily capable of carrying to t16s / shaper on a modest budget.

The AG nerf can be partially offset using deaths breath / leer cast and other dmg items on your AG.

I am going to use this as my league starter to complete the atlas and decide on a more expensive build
I'm probably going to start the league with this as well. Although with all the changes to traps, I might put something together for that instead.

The Dying Breath / Leer Cast is an excellent alternative. It doesn't have to hit, like Dyadus does, and it's going to be far more effective in parties where everyone else doesn't do burning damage as well.
"
vileArchon wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
kayella wrote:

There's no doubt that the build can still do shaper, so I'm really just considering Uber Elder.

What I meant from my original post is how Fire-Eaters will compared to TVs. I was just theorycrafting some combos and wondered if would they out-damage TVs now that Dyadus no longer buffs burning damage?

So for Fire-Eaters, I would consider linking:

Chance to Ignite will become Combustion and get a -19% to fire res on ignited enemies. I'd use Controlled Destruction instead of Ele Focus so that Fire-Eaters crits have a chance of igniting.

Now, I'm not exactly sure, but I couldn't find any info on whether spell echo was bugged for Fire-Eaters, so if it isn't bugged, that's a 100% more modifier since they're casting twice. Also with a 70% increased cast speed.

I would still consider using the AG with dual wield Dyadus, which in 3.3, gives 200% increased ignited damage. Linking it with Empower and Minion life, so it survive UberE.

And Victario's with necromantic aegis for 45% cast speed, 12% more damage and 600% increased crit chance.

Lastly, using flammability instead of EW, for +14% chance to ignite.

(I actually use Flesh Offering instead of Bone Offering, so you can add another 30% cast speed)
🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Last edited by kayella on May 31, 2018, 6:38:55 AM
"
kayella wrote:
I would still consider using the AG with dual wield Dyadus, which in 3.3, gives 200% increased ignited damage.

Dyadus now has "100% increased Damage with Ignites inflicted on Chilled Enemies".

From the way they worded this I believe it only applies to the person/minion carrying the item.
Leer Cast and Dying Wish increase the TV damage because TV Totems counts as allies or?!
"
Natt wrote:
"
kayella wrote:
I would still consider using the AG with dual wield Dyadus, which in 3.3, gives 200% increased ignited damage.

Dyadus now has "100% increased Damage with Ignites inflicted on Chilled Enemies".

From the way they worded this I believe it only applies to the person/minion carrying the item.

Also, does TV totem even count as ignite? I think it's just "burning damage" right? So even if it worked on minions, it still wouldn't work.

Sadly I think Dyadus is dead for us.

edit: I guess for SG it might still work though. I would be interested to know.
But I keep focusing on the 'end-game' boss-killing setup.
Last edited by Kurnis on May 31, 2018, 9:25:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info