[3.0] Magma Orb by Paige | Videos | Uber Atziri/Guardians/Shaper Down | Leveling Guide | Budget

"
engqvist85 wrote:
I was running Conc Effect for a while as well but it basically negates the shotgun effect. I'm not sure where the sweet spot is for reliable shotgunning, but I wasn't getting it with +85% radius (without Inc AoE), and Inc AoE did the trick. I suspect it's around 120%. I ran with Slower Proj for a while but the slowness felt really shitty when you're not facetanking.

I move with Lightning Warp so movement speed hasn't been a big consideration. It triggers my 25% fire pen from elementalist so I don't have to waste time casting Orb of Storms on trash packs.

Do you go berserker purely for the life leech? Is it worth all the other stuff you lose? Elementalist's combined bonuses give a considerably bigger DPS boost than the 40% more from berserker, and it's a much better place to start in the tree. Lets you take dual curse and stuff like that.

I haven't really been missing life leech. If you still need it, I actually suspect that the elementalist damage bonuses stack up to surpass berserker by such an amount that you could run a Life Leech gem and still come out ahead. I added up the ascendancy bonuses and arrived at this:

BERSERKER
40% more damage
50% increased damage if savage hit taken recently
1-3% leech
10% more damage taken

ELEMENTALIST
70%ish increased damage from LotP (40% + double fire golem buff)
40% increased damage & 8% cast speed from small ascendancy nodes
40% increased damage if taking fire damage
100% increased damage, 4/10 uptime
12% cast speed (double lightning golem buff)
25% AoE, 4/10 uptime
25% fire pen
50% reduced reflect damage

You might be right, Elementalist could quite possibly be a solid choice.

Honestly though when I look at the Elementalist Ascendancy and then look at like pretty much anything else Elementalist starts looking very bad. I think I'd sooner switch the build to Inquis than Elementalist, but that's me.

Though I'm curious how it would do Uber Atziri, Guardians, or even T15 maps.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Aug 25, 2017, 4:26:14 PM
Im wondering, are you only relying on getting savage hit to proc leech ? Im still trying to figure out if inquis or elem would fits better. But then the leech part is what im kinda lacking. Atziri flask or other shenanigan i supposed.
"
Deadbringer wrote:
Im wondering, are you only relying on getting savage hit to proc leech ? Im still trying to figure out if inquis or elem would fits better. But then the leech part is what im kinda lacking. Atziri flask or other shenanigan i supposed.

No I'm not relying on savage hit to leech.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Added a leveling guide, a Uber Atziri video, and a few other things.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Aug 25, 2017, 8:20:33 PM
Two questions,

Is GMP better then LMP, because of the overlapping orbs and area of effect?

Does chance to ignite work, while you have elemental focus?
"
Phroster wrote:
Two questions,

Is GMP better then LMP, because of the overlapping orbs and area of effect?

Does chance to ignite work, while you have elemental focus?

I preferred clearing maps with GMP.

Chance to Ignite doesn't work with Elemental Focus, however it's basically the best raw damage output gem we have available to us (besides Conc Effect which I switch to for bosses), simply because of the "29% more fire damage" & "9% increased fire damage".

So basically, we use Chance to Ignite for the fire damage buff, and not actually to ignite.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm trying out this build myself.

Would you prefer slower projectiles or conc effect? For bosses?
(in the first post it still says slower projectiles.)
"
Phroster wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm trying out this build myself.

Would you prefer slower projectiles or conc effect? For bosses?
(in the first post it still says slower projectiles.)

Out of the two, Slower Proj is king, it lets you control your Magma Orbs a lot better and hit the same target multiple times with pretty much all of your orbs if you can aim it properly, that's why you see in the Uber Atziri video I posted bosses getting melted so quickly, because basically every orb is hitting and chaining multiple times on a single target, it's pretty broken.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Aug 25, 2017, 9:56:53 PM
Streaming some of the build now.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
I bought a 6L Pledge and Kaom's ( Harbringer) after checking out your build Paige. Looks great!
I feel really pigeon holed into Berserker these days. It's just too good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info