Music.

"
DarkRookie wrote:
I find the music just boring in general.

I keep it off and use Pandora

I would have to agree. I don't have a copy of the beta but have listened to the soundtrack
I think you guys did a great job on the music, personally, however there are certainly some places that sound out of place. Some of the dungeon themes are really bad. A few are great.

Finding a middle will be nice. All in all though, I'm not complaining.
I for the one as a long term tester gotto say that Twilight & Terraces (Mud Flats also) musics do not fit with the atmosphere of the game, not even a single moment that i could ever say. And the music of these places never have ben changed for a very long time at least, and really dislike hearing.

It should be a lot more darker and eerie but looks like the composer never wants to make a stretched shivering music as it hardly could be found throughout the game overall.

But i must say that its not a good introduction with musics like these while lightenings rock out in night.

Edit: Have shown a lot of referrances how musics could be dark and horror-inspired back then, but seems like none of them taken seriously which is sad.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Jul 28, 2012, 5:09:39 PM

Am I the only one who think the musics are brilliant? I have listened to the Act 1 town music for hours, my audio settings in the games are something like 100% volume for music, 10% volume for effects (and I still hear the effects enough).
I think all of them fit perfectly - they transmit a dark, haunting, desperate mood...
I remember seeing a thread were someone was complaining about the music in the Warden's Quarters. I find that music epic. And dark. Perfect.

I suppose you're bored when people always compare PoE to D3, but once again this is one of the major failures for D3: the music is inexistant, unmemorable.

No really, I'm in love with the music. One of the reasons I bought a Supporter Pack, even if I had already access to the beta, was to get access to the soundtrack.
I just want to say that the music at the Shore Encampment is one of the best thing I've ever heard.
Yeah, dungeon music can become out of sync.
I love most music, especialy for Shore encampent, but dont like fact that some dungeones have this "non music" theme trying to make this eerie mood, but for me its just boring sounds :P
My Item Filter : http://pastebin.com/7AsWX5jb
I would suggest to start
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11yewfkUSQM
when there are moar than 50 apes on the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
The only time i noticed a bit weird choice on music are mostly the town's musics. It's a bit hard to explain but i don't like the ambiance feeling for when you are inside a town. The login music would be a better choice for "in-town"; energizing music or go with something more calm for the atmosphere. I find the actual chosen musics a bit depressing, more fitting for a dungeon than a town.

thanks
Crypt map music is awesome~

That is all.
IGN: KoTao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info