Audio Suggestions.

As an amateur musician, I really enjoy good audio. I like the music quite a bit, but the sound effects are very muted and lack a certain punch. Muted sounds can be sorta fixed by decreasing music volume and increasing system volume, but it's kind of inconvenient. Skills, hits and monster sounds are a bit tame, specially hits, when compared to say Titan Quest or Torchlight.

I'm using an Asus Xonar DX with Logitech Z-5500 (speakers) / HiFiman HE-500 (headphones) and Windows 7 x64, in case it is a problem with my setup, but I don't have any globalized EQ system settings, and other games sound just fine.

Still, a GREAT audio improvement since the last open weekend I tried. Congratulations!
Overall I've been very impressed with the audio quality and the game itself, especially for a F2P. One thing I did notice is that the sound for the "Ground Slam" move isn't very satisfying. I'm using it as a templar if that makes a difference.

It would be great if there was more "rock breaking/crumbling/earthquake" sound to it. Some sort of yell/grunt as well may help ground slam have more "oomf".
Last edited by Icehawk55082 on Jan 26, 2013, 1:29:12 PM
Groundslam is probably going to get a visual update at some point. I'm going to improve the audio then.

The audio guy.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
Groundslam is probably going to get a visual update at some point. I'm going to improve the audio then.

awesome, Another small note is that.. The sound that a Gem Makes when it level's.. it always seems as if one just dropped.. the sound of a gem dropping / leveling up.. just.. sound very close to me xD.. Dunno exactly if it's important but yeah..

It would be really cool aswell (And maybe stop some of the spam about "ninja looting") etc.. if you could possibly introduce some sound to play as a chime when you have an item drop with your tag on it.. that way it would be a bit more responsive with out increasing the timers..

You could also setup a threshold under the audio/gameplay tab where you could say "Chime on-Blue/Rare/Unique/SkillGem" with checkbox's for what rarity level you wanted it to chime for... Just an idea tho... Would still require you to pay attention to the ground but it would maybe help players be a tad bit more responsive and nuke all of the QQ..
@Logos to get to me ingame!
Check out my Stream at www.twitch.tv/killa1413
Not sure if someone already suggested this, but it would be fun have some taunts or clever lines to each character that could be activated by the player. This could be something to buy on microtransactions.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
Well an ambient fader is planned. So you will be able to set that to 0

"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
That's on the list of things to do for one of our programmers, an ambient fader will be added to the audio options. Its fairly low priority but is scheduled to be added before open beta.

Hey! So what's the status on this? Open Beta is here and the ambient sounds are louder than ever! (not really but they are really loud imo and I don't want my sound effects turned down just to cope!)

Is it Immediate, near, or distant future?

PS - The ambient sounds are some of the best quality sounds I have heard in a game like this. Just sometimes if I want to play and watch TV in the background it's difficult.
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

Last edited by Glowyrm on Feb 1, 2013, 11:57:03 PM
Really sorry to say this is something that will happen in the distant future!

Often audio issues come in at a fairly low priority, and there are some other audio things that need to be done first such as reverb DSP
The audio guy.
Only thing I have to suggest (without reading above suggestions):

More combat sounds. Some enemies in "The Ledge" for example have almost the same "being hit" sound as the ranger. My brother keeps asking me "You died again?" when doing ledgeruns.

I think most people play with turned of ingame music anyway.
I'm not sure when this happened, but the 'older' Necromancer death sounds were far superior to what we have now imo.

Also, I think I prefer some of the weapon sounds from that old Duelist trailer than what we have now. They just sound more...slicey.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 4, 2013, 8:06:02 PM
"
Charan wrote:
I'm not sure when this happened, but the 'older' Necromancer death sounds were far superior to what we have now imo.

Exactly, it was diabolic at least.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info