Audio Suggestions.

saxophone
edit: i was seeeerious http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9YJM2GCvk8 there's more than upbeat jazz!!1
Last edited by tonetta on Oct 14, 2012, 3:47:40 PM
Dont know, if you debate on this anymore, but i would suggest some more situational-based audio changes.
Some like:

Add fast Drum and Percussion work, as you are in a battle or you are going to die.

Otherwise i would change more significant changes in frequencies, which partial sounds a bit in-your-face.

Noticed this, and more, as i played with Headset.

Feedback? :)

Someone begs to differ? ^^
Sound effect suggestion: Make sound for status ailments that affect the player (not monsters, minions or allies). So when your character is frozen/shocked/burning, the game could play a relevant sound to help the player react to it, because in the heat of action sometimes you just don't see it. Also because it'd be cool.

The sound of a campfire for burning, sparking electricity for shock, and a brief "fast freezing" sound for frozen.

And since we're at it, a sound for puncture would help very much. Something really gory like flesh being torned at the moment of puncture, followed by gushing liquid (blood) during the damage over time effect would be adequate.

Last edited by Thalandor on Oct 24, 2012, 11:03:56 AM
not a bad idea at all!

puncture has audio but some of the art assets need to be switched before it will play in game, hopefully soon
The audio guy.
How about a Master Sound slider, to lower all three current sound options by an equal percentage? just so i don't have to go into the windows mixer
More scary sounds :)
in future realease of expansions or patches more diversity in the voice acting, asian people, british people, american people, indian people, etc! so there are a lot of different accents etc, oh and i agree with the more scary sounds
Think about how you're handling stereo sound right now. Just because i'm firing off a spell to the right doesn't mean I should only hear it in the right channel. my character is still in the center of the screen.
can't wait to hear footsteps! they can totally change the atmosphere of a dungeon and create a loneliness feeling
"Think about how you're handling stereo sound right now. Just because i'm firing off a spell to the right doesn't mean I should only hear it in the right channel. my character is still in the center of the screen."

This is something I will be working really hard on next year, there is a WHOLE lot of audio tech planned & that will improve this significantly.

"can't wait to hear footsteps! they can totally change the atmosphere of a dungeon and create a loneliness feeling"

Been working on this a bit, come open beta walking/running sounds will change depending on the armour your wearing, If you wear plate you will hear the sound of the plate armour moving when you do. Same with cloth and chain.

At some point next year footsteps will be improved. Im waiting on some tech that allows the game to detect ground types. This will allow for appropriate sounds on different materials.
(also other awesome & subtle visual effects like footprints and splashing water when your character runs through a puddle)
The audio guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info