Audio Suggestions.

Hi Andrew, little nit-picky thing: there's no "swing" sound right now if you use Heavy Strike with a 2h sword. I think I remember that the animation for sword heavy strike is not done yet and it uses one of the regular attacks animation, so maybe that's why...
What character were you using the skill with?

There are a few skills (such as heavy strike) that have slightly more elaborate effects for the classes that the gem is more appropriate for.

For example heavy strike is a STR gem, so STR, STRDEX & STRINT should have the swing effects on the skill, while the other classes miss out and just have the impact effect.
The audio guy.
Has been suggested before but, PLEASE give me the ability to mute "Ambient" sounds. I don't mind music, SFX and dialogue, but I hate (with a passion) rain/wind/waterfall/other stuff that endlessly repeats in the background. Because of this I play the game currently completely muted.

Well an ambient fader is planned. So you will be able to set that to 0
The audio guy.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
What character were you using the skill with?

There are a few skills (such as heavy strike) that have slightly more elaborate effects for the classes that the gem is more appropriate for.

For example heavy strike is a STR gem, so STR, STRDEX & STRINT should have the swing effects on the skill, while the other classes miss out and just have the impact effect.

With the duelist. I only get impact sounds...
It may be intentional, I'll talk to Russell and find out.

Edit: Checked this on our server, he definitely has swing sounds for that skill with that weapon. No idea why its not working for you!
The audio guy.
Last edited by Andrew_GGG on Dec 18, 2012, 8:56:10 PM
Well, this is weird. After further investigation, I've realized that in fact, Heavy Strike has no sound, special animation (just regular), or character grunt sounds with my Duelist for ANY weapons. I can see this when swinging in thin air, and comparing what HS looks like on a Marauder or Templar...

It's wierd if you don't see it on your side, maybe game build differences... I'll check with some other people to see if it does the same on their machine... if that's the case, I'll post a bug report in the appropriate forum because it seems bigger than simply an audio thingy!

Update: and confirmed to be bugged on my friend's end too...

Last edited by Thalandor on Dec 23, 2012, 9:00:58 PM
i personally like the most of the sounds but there are some which are horrible

1.spell totem with curse make an awful alarm sound

2.some melee attacks and cold dmg spells need a better sound
for excample sweep, im rly missing a hitting sound if you swing your staff through the enemys. for excampfe firestorm have such a nice hitting sound or firetrap that bam bam bam

possible make some "tfftft" or " buch buch buch" sound when you use sweep and hit multiple enemys. same for cold dmg spells, they only have a good sound when the enemy get frozen and break.

there are some other attcks which need nome new sound too especially if you hit smth.
it make a huge difference in terms of fun to use a spell or attack ,if it have a cool sound

already met 2 guys only want to play fire witch because of the sounds even when the cold witch have better party abilities because they can freeze enemys

wbr andy and hopefully someone read that massaqge and confirm they are changing some sounds XD
Last edited by DonCamillo on Dec 31, 2012, 11:19:31 AM
I don't like how the templar moans while fighting, it's all like "ouch" and "ahhhh", like his back hurts all the time and hernia just kicked in...

It's confusing, because you would expect such moaning sounds when you get hit, not when you cast spells and deal damage.

He really looks and sounds like some grandfather who chose exile over a nursing home :))

Though I really like his (Irish?) accent ;-)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
[Removed]
Last edited by Periphery on Sep 13, 2014, 2:13:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info