Audio Feedback.

The sound is messed up indeed. Quite often it just randomly cuts/skips and the NPCs dialogue overpowers everything else.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Jun 4, 2016, 1:29:54 PM
my sound stopped working after a few minutes, Had to reboot PC.

windows 7. Creatoive X-FI titanium HD.

changed back to --softwareaudio

seems ok so far..
Last edited by anthcho on Jun 5, 2016, 3:55:27 AM
I'm still getting audio glitches after the latest tweaks. It's a bit better.. but IMO still doesn't feel like an improvement on the old audio engine. I play on headphones with nice clarity so i notice details in sound.

The way the battle sounds fade out when there's dialogue is a nice touch. And the different reverbs used for caves/gorges/dungeons etc. are also nice (although a little too "wet" i think). But if all this is at the cost of clean sound then i'll take the old engine anyday....
--------------- THE MOOCH --------------
I noticed, today after the sound fixes you rolled out the reverb and positional audio wasn't just working, but it was good now. Particularly, I was in the library, and the place sounded as empty and abandoned as it was. The fade-out with dialogue is nice, but it's a bit buggy, especially in the Act 4 town.

The new sounds got some getting used to though, I can't tell if they are just better, over-compressed or have just been passed through some EQ filter. So far the only minus I've noticed is that the sound effect for ranged attacks changes when you add chain, and it sounds terrible.

Thanks for the hard work in an overlooked part of games.
[Nevermind]
Last edited by deviousparasite on Jun 6, 2016, 9:47:32 AM
When I use the warrior's assault portal effect, it plays the wrong sound effect. Happened since the 2.3 patch.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Just reiterating that the sound has some real issues still. Seems to be the worst when everyone's getting stuck into a boss and doing lots of crits. Like in dried lakes, Voll's scream before he makes his big attack stutters like crazy when 6 people are peppering him with crits.

This never happened before 2.3...
--------------- THE MOOCH --------------
Hi, ever since the most recent iteration of the 2.3 patches (I believe, it may have been happening since 2.3), the Formosan Deer pet's footsteps have seemed abnormally loud, and since it's a somewhat piercing clip-clop sound it gets a little annoying. It may just be me, but I believe it wasn't this loud before. Thanks!
"
SuckMyAsthma wrote:
Hi, ever since the most recent iteration of the 2.3 patches (I believe, it may have been happening since 2.3), the Formosan Deer pet's footsteps have seemed abnormally loud, and since it's a somewhat piercing clip-clop sound it gets a little annoying. It may just be me, but I believe it wasn't this loud before. Thanks!

I'm having the exact same issue. I love the look of the pet that I got from the Good Goblin, but I'm about to put him in a cage for a while because he is so loud now...

It didn't seem so loud when I first purchased and used him, but when I restarted PoE for an update, it seemed to get worse then. Maybe I just didn't notice it the first time, but right now it is, as suckmyashma said, "Somewhat Piercing...[and] it gets a little annoying."
ign crixus_sabr
Can we get the old Summon Raging Spirit sound back? This new one is really annoying to play with, i can't stand it for 5minutes... This is really the main reason i ahven't played for a while. Really mlove the game and i allmost allways play srs, but i just can't with this stupid new sound.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info