Audio Feedback.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong spot to deposit this, but I absolutely love the ambient noise. I usually play the game with the sound off, but tend to turn ambient sounds on when it gets pretty late and I /adore/ the lightning / rain that I found in the 'strand' map. I was wondering if there was a specific title for it in the OST, or if it's a clip that was found online etc so I can listen to it outside of keeping the game running all night. (It makes me so chilled dammit don't judge.)
Lioneye's Watch now has the sound of water waves crashing upon rocks, the volume and positioning of this sound effect appears to be static regardless of where you are positioned in the town and the visual water effects were not updated to look like something that would produce this sound.

So basically, please remove the sound.

- Windows 10 Pro AU x64
- Integrated Realtek ALC1200 Sound device
- Medium Audio Channels
- Sound device configured to 7.1 with all the speakers except the Front 2, disabled. This enforces downmixing audio to stereo (It's configured like this to avoid issues in various games that always output in surround sound mode).
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Dec 22, 2016, 12:31:15 PM
Would love an audio slider purely for the crit sound relative to the other SFX
most of the time it is fine, but some skills become aurally exhausting with a high crit chance
eg - lightning tendrils, arc, etc

a dedicated slider for this would be fantastic!
i just wanted to praise you for those awesome rhoa sounds, they sound like cute owls or something. or like hens. or some other kind of lovely bird. :)
Please, consider making softer & quieter sound effects of the 2 skills - Viper Strike & Ancestral Warchief. In particular, Viper Strike has that loud metallic kind of sound, that I found very irritating. I wonder if I am the only one?
when i use fireball vs very close enemys there is kind of no sound or its very low.
feels like there is no impact when you cast the spell...at least soundwise.

another issue i had with sounds are the echos at the shipyard. it sounds like i'm in a cave but i'm outside. sounds bit weird.
In Act6 on the beach is anyone else getting audio cracking and popping when fighting mobs?
It's really bad it's why too loud to even just play through it. I need to turn off more or less everything other than music just to not have my ears bleed.

-Quick edit seems like the quick patch that went out fixed it. posted this like 30 sec before that patch went out.
Last edited by xxdeadrose on Jun 8, 2017, 6:03:16 AM
Infernal Axe micro transaction ... The noise it makes when you hit an enemy is pretty awful. It makes a metallic clashing sound that is very unpleasant to listen to. It reminds me of nails on a chalkboard.
The skill frenzy sounds ridiculous. This is not beta related as it is an old problem. Same goes for some other skills such as lightning warp. I already left this feedback a long time ago but no changes. These skills use excessive low bass frequencies ("booming"). It's totally "out of proportion". Don't you have a sub woofer to hear the sound properly? A good practice is to always use low cut in the sound chain. Not everybody can hear low frequencies but we can all feel them.

Frenzy:

Lightning warp:

Explosive arrow:

Flameblast:

It took me more than 5 minute to analyze these skills.
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
Thanks for the feedback! Stuff like this is really helpful.

No Unfortunately I do 90% of my work with headphones at the office. I get a better bass response at my home studio, but generally don't have time to work there often.

I've added this to my list as something to fix up, That's a bunch of dynamic range being wasted!
The audio guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info