Audio Feedback.

Wild Strike's fire attack sound effect is very grating. I'm not an audio expert, so I couldn't pin point exactly why (maybe a bit muffled, too sudden and booming). Many have brought up the issue before, more in the skill gem thread itself. A better SFX would be great for the fire part of the skill.
@Moylin (Beyond)
It's still really hard to hear Merveil's voice lines in the cavern of wrath, and the first voice line in cavern of anger.
"
Garr0t wrote:
Act 4 Tasuni Malachai's Apprentices and Malachai dialogue for Templar is much lower volume than the rest of the lore passages. Can this be retuned?

I agree some of Tasuni's new speeches are at a very low level.

Silk's first speeches in Act 7 are also very low in volume.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
Act 8, The Harbour Bridge.
Wrong audio segment of dialogue.
Upon defeating the twin bosses, Sin's audio doesn't match the correct dialogue text.
http://imgur.com/a/GyDtm
Even tho the new sounds were supposedly buggy I decided to finally implement them in my loot filter since some people want to use them: http://filterblast.oversoul.xyz/Greengroove/

I made a quick test. It took me 1 drop in 1 map to realize that the Shaper voice acting is way to quiet (during fight action). In my loot filter the volume used is 200. The sound settings in game are: Sound effects volume at 50% and item filter alert at 100%. Channel count is at High.

I proceeded to up the volume to 300% and it was barely ok, however when I dropped a fusing the sound got "cut up". All that played was "F-Fusing". I also have a video of this available.

How does it look on this front? any fixes on the horizon?
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
Last edited by Greengroove on Sep 12, 2017, 8:27:31 PM
Some skills could benefit more from themed audio effects.

Some examples:

Arc has a great sound effect because it sounds like lightning and the on-hit sounds are bullseye - very satisfying. Flame Dash also sounds awesome, it's like the sound of a gun being fired but appropriately softened and mixed with a 'swoosh sound', it really adds to the feel of the skill and it's a reason why I enjoy using it.

Bone Offering doesn't do the same thing. It's a loud pang. It would be more fitting if it sounded like rattling bones or something. I don't see the point in the pang. While in some way it's cool because it sounds violent, it doesn't do damage so it's not congruent.

Cyclone suffers from the same. Cyclone sounds like a mix of a faint swirling sound and a barrage of thumps (hits). Instead, the themed sound - in this case the swirling - should take center stage. This helps to add character to builds. The swirling itself may not be satisfying enough so some tactility will need to be introduced.

Ground Slam - if you add spikes shooting out from the ground, reflect this in the sound effect. Ground Slam still sounds the way it did when it didn't feature the spikes graphic. Just to make a suggestion, it should sound like metal bars penetrating flesh (when it hits targets), or like spikes erupting from the floor. By the way, one problem with the current visual design of GS is you kinda have to combine the sound effect of a blunt weapon with that of a sharp weapon to make it congruent. Thanks for reading :) Bye
Last edited by dirkw83 on Oct 12, 2017, 7:33:27 PM
The Shaper audio on entering the Leyline map does not match the text.
The text seems correct "Amidst the barren wastes a slender strand of life blooms."
The audio is "A pocket of life blooms in the lava fields. In time it, too, will wither and die."
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
I just recently turned on music again, just to see (hear). Then went to act1 Lioneye, nearly got earcancer from the generic cheesy 2stepsfromhell hanzi zimmer ost there... plz this is not an epic pirate adventure, this is a trip through hell itself...

-edit: seriously i cannot let this music run it is just too bad. its so sad, because for example in the next chapter immediatly there are some parts that are not cheesed by orchestral feelnuts music, that are really interesting and mysterious/scary, ambient parts... that i actually dont want to miss.
Last edited by w90a8hw on Jan 25, 2018, 11:19:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info