Audio Feedback.

Hi,
At some point I only had my left speaker working on my computer. It would have been nice at the time to be able to disable stereo in the sound options. That's all I wanted to say.
Thanks
Request: please remove the sound from the character spell casting animations.

Example: Summon Raging Spirit. To see the problem better, link it with Faster Casting and Spell Echo and spam it using a character with high casting speed. Pop a Vaal Haste for even more ridiculousness.

My SRS witch sounds like a pissed off chihuahua. :)
Last edited by AxxiusEQ on Sep 3, 2015, 1:11:43 PM
dear ggg team.

the portal-, waypoint-, golem-, spectre-, highgate-,AA-sounds just make me go crazy!!

i know, its not just me. many players complain about this.
its impossible to have a mental break.
its like a punishment to go for minions(like the "no lootfilter-times", when the award for killing monster was getting eye-cancer).

the solution? dont implement such ridicilous sounds!
for that, i'd go to a dentist or a site.

had to be said, thx in advance.

a non-native englishspeaker^^
It might be good to delay the Witch's Malachai after-kill monologue until after Malachai's finished his death origami explosion. All the yelling and sound effects leading up to his 'splodin' into tiny black bits drown out just about everything she's saying. It's all "You were so afraid of death CRUNCH CRUNCH ROAR GROAN BOOM CRUNCH".
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
I've listened a bit to the audio of Act 4. I have to say I'm impressed, the audio really captures the atmosphere well. I especially liked the sound files when you are in the belly of the beast and the one when you fight Daresso.

Another favorite of mine would be Act 3 Dominus when he transforms. It captures the doom and gloom feeling that it should project really well. Sadly the sound used for Malachai when you enter his area is forgettable and doesn't really stand out as much as others. It could have more matching intensity like such an insane boss fight should have.

Most memorable for me would be the one used for Dominus his second stage, Lunaris Temple and belly. I don't think I will forget those fast.

A small complaint might be that Kaom's voice is set too low when you read his lore objects. It is a minor annoyance to put my audio very high and then lower again. I also feel it takes away from the experience when you read his story because you can't hear the voice acting very well.

Overall with the voice acting I'm very satisfied. The game features some excellent voice actors (Daresso, Malachai, Dialla, Dominus, Fairgraves, Bestel) on top of that there aren't actually any characters that have a botched or annoying voice acting. So that's a really good thing.
There are ambient sounds when ambient sound is turned off such as birds in act 4.
Arctic Armour's audio effect is like an insect buzzing around my ear. It is so annoying that I initially did not consider it might be an in-game sound effect, and undertook the following steps to identify the source of the whistling, whining noise that had been bothering me for several days.

I first ruled out the possibility of an appliance in my house making an annoying whistling noise.

Then I ruled out a receiver or speaker fault.

Finally I narrowed down in-game effects and ultimately determined that Arctic Armour was the source of the noise. It was hard to believe.

Please consider changing or disabling Arctic Armour's sound effect, as I have considered disabling the skill so I don't have to hear it.
The Analytical Engine has no pretensions whatever to originate anything. It can do whatever we know how to order it to perform.
Not exactly ingame sound, but concerning the soundtrack we get for supporter packs. I happen to play PoE with a friend that has (not sure how to translate that correctly into english) 'trained ears' as a musician and composer and noticed a (bad) difference between the crypt sound ingame and in the soundtrack. This was tested with the mp3 and flac version with different speakers and headphones and audioplayers. As he is too shy to write this by himself I have to play man in the middle :/
I notice some disturbing noise too, but can't tell what it exactly is or where it does come from. But clearly the ingame version seems to be 'smoother'.

"Hey guys,
I love the song "the Crypt". Unfortunately in the official soundtrack compilation of the PoE supporter pack the song seems to be mixed down in a wrong way. there is a constant noise in the higher frequences causing a headache when listening to it (especially the passages where there the choir is singing). I tried to open it with different audio players, listened to it on different devices. the noise in the high frequences stays. while playing the game in the crypt with the Archbishop I don't hear any of that annyoing noise. Could you check the song "the Crypt" in your soundtrack please and see if something went wrong during the mixdown?
kind regards"

And as a personal feedback: the soundtrack and in particular the voice actors are awesome! The voice acting is high above average for video games.
Hope this is the right place to post this:

The wolf pet snarl.

It's amazing. But occurs way too often. I can't put my finger on it, the peacock also makes constant noises but they don't bother me. There's something about the recurring snarl though that is slightly off. Reducing the volume or the frequency of snarls would be great!
### r4wb1rd ###
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/r4wb1rd
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/r4wb1rdGaming/
Babel PoE: https://github.com/rowolff/babel-poe/releases
Note text (by the dead cap.) is missing sound in "The Aqueduct" near highgate gate.
Last edited by Luci4 on Dec 26, 2015, 4:15:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info