[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

Why people using rings with added damage and not added damage to spells?
Also what should you look for on jewels?
To bad for death but look at it this way : you make me happy playing this build and some people more maybe. Tnx for guidance and progression, hope to see more your ideas on builds in future. Cheers.
Re dex source: All on gear. Amulet is easiest slot for this.

Re added damage on rings: I suspect this is incidental. It doesnt help us.

Re jewel priorities:

1. Clear Mind
2. 1 slot on one jewel needs at least 9 totem ele res to cap them for upper tier content
3. Use jewel slots to make sure ele resses are overcapped for red maps (109% total) and to get chaos res to positive 20% or so for the use of forbidden taste flask.
4. Split the remaining jewel slots between inc life/inc mana (maintaining a roughly 3/2 ratio of life to mana) and damage mods or cast speed mods of the following types:

totem damage
area damage
spell damage
spell damage while dual wielding
chaos damage
damage
Cast speed
Attack and cast speed
Cast speed while dual wielding
Totem life (scales damage slightly and makes more durable totems)

Re Making people happy: That's the win for me :>

-O
Few questions:

1) Could this build be played as CI or even low life? There is an nice uniq called Incandescent Hearth which gives plenty of armour and ES.

2) What do u think if other apep's rage is replaced with a shield?

3) What's BiS armour for this build? Some 6L rare or Carcass Jack?

Going to test this build soon! I see your gear was even very bad for farming so late game.
Love the build so far.
Will start mapping today i guess but so far very very fun.

Also surprisingly tanky.
Re CI/low life: Nothing is impossible, but you would likely end up with a significantly less tanky build because:

1. You are no longer taking full advantage of the hierophant's bonuses to MOM.

2. You no longer get the benefit of life flasks, particularly forbidden taste.

Re replacing an Apep's with a shield: Tested this. DPS loss is so dramatic that I cannot recommend this configuration. The Apep's synergize significantly with each other.

Re BIS armor: see post in conversation above. TLDR-top priority is to use a 6L, even if a tabula. Because we can get over 10k EHP even in a tabula, this is not that great a hardship. If you can get it in a 6L, there are a number of good options, with a well rolled rare providing the best defense.

Re mapping today: Gratz, and glad you are having a good time with it!

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Aug 17, 2017, 12:50:45 AM
Ok, I was prioritizing life and res on gear instead of stats. I didn't see too much attribute or dexterity rolls on your gear, but it also isn't verified, and still showed Added Lightning Damage instead of Void Manipulation.

What number should we shoot for? Is it only for Void Manipulation?
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
I was testing the build. I think u can see my gear if u want to comment something about that. Anyways, which enchantments u prefer especially on boots? Is life/mana regen just the best? I ended to equip Kaom's Roots for extra life and stun immunity. Don't know do I start to use Lightning Warp instead of dash since cast speed is insane.
Don't really need sockets either, I guess.

The damage of the build is just great! and it feels tanky. Got 5.1k hp but hope to get closer to 7k somehow.
Last edited by Possu81 on Aug 16, 2017, 3:33:32 PM
Currently working on min/maxing some gear but my plan is to take this the majority of the way to 36/40 achieves, would be glad for opinions on gear and where to look next.

Re dex requirement: We are really only using it for void manip and faster attacks. You get some on the tree from precision and traveling through nodes, so really a single moderate dex roll on any one piece of gear is likely enough.

Re gear prioritization: don't forget flat mana--enough to bring your Mana total as close to 2/3 of your life total as possible. Every point of Mana up to 2/3 of your life counts toward ehp. Keeping the ratio close to 2/3 maximizes your defense against lab traps.

Re boot enchant: Because we are a Regen based build, my favorite is indeed life/Mana Regen.

Re lightning warp: My initial reaction was no-- I had this thought also and tried it, but when you link the less duration gems they also affect your arcane surge. Because surge is so beneficial both for damage and Mana Regen, we want to maximize it's uptime. That's why I recommended flame dash+increased duration, since inc dur doesn't negatively affect dash speed.

However, I just heard about an alternate way to proc a high lvl arcane surge worthy of consideration: Socket a high level clarity, link to increased duration and arcane surge. Toggle on/off every 6 seconds. Apparently this both works and will allow you to use an even higher level of Arcane surge (props to Tarke Cat for providing this tip). When I rebuild, I do intend to go lightning warp using the clarity toggle idea for my surge and see how that works. If you try it first, let us know your thoughts.

Re Gear Review: Gear actually looks quite solid--you'll be looking for upgrades to flat life/mana as you go along. You could also use about another 10% chaos res to more fully mitigate the forbidden taste downside, but this is not absolutely critical, as the flask will still largely be doing its job for you. The only other comments I have are for your flasks. On the mana flask, I found the catalyzed prefix to generally be superior to the saturated prefix for combat, though this may be a matter of taste. I would definitely replace the staunching suffixes on your mana and basalt flasks with a warding and heat suffix, either one in either place. These can be very important periodically, particularly in higher tier maps. Hope it goes well for you!

-O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info