[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

Re Arcane surge w/ Sanctuary of thought:
Yes it works so long as you apply it when you don't have full ES and your AS is appropriately low level.

Re 3.3: As far as I can tell from the patch notes, virtually nothing has changed that should affect this build. I expect it to remain strong in 3.3.

I do note that we have a new solid damage option in the glove slot (If you desire some extra damage over durability) in the form of Doedre's Malevolence (Prophecied version of Doedre's tenure).

Otherwise, have at, and come share your stories or bring questions here. I expect to be active and running new experiments.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Jun 1, 2018, 3:24:45 AM
Can i use this build and simple just change to arc skill?
So, remember when I said that I keep experimenting continuously until I find something worth posting? If you liked this build, come check out my new creation over in the Scion Forum that I will tell you, without doubt, is by far the strongest hc totem build I have ever created.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2175257

-Orion
Thanks for the guide! I'm planning on doing this for 3.4 SSFHC; I did a trial run to maps this weekend and enjoyed it a lot (and survived :).

Interesting things from the 3.4 tree:

• Instead of using 5 points to get the Witch's starting spell damage nods for 58% spell damage, we can now use those 5 points to grab Spiritual Aid for 69% spell damage (more for single target skels due to minion life). Also 1% life regen for us and minions. This also opens up a Bone Helmet and other minion damage mods. Wow!
  • Light of Divinity is gone, but we can take Lord of the Dead for one point instead, for 15% increased damage (little more w/ skels), and an extra skellie!
  • pathing to Ancestral Bond is changed such that we can skip the 15% placement node, and we get the totem life and resistance node instead.
  • the new Arcane Will node is probably worth 2 points, you can skip the 10% after Arcane Chemistry then as well probably.
  • the 8% AoE nodes are now 10%, can't hurt.

Overall seems like a solid buff! :) With the extra minion nodes we can use, I might try replacing the 3L Frenzy set up with CWDT + Convocation + Raise Zombie (all 20) for sweet automated meatshields.
Last edited by midtown on Aug 29, 2018, 2:19:41 AM
Re: New minion nodes

I agree that these provide a potential excellent damage boost. I may be going back to this build myself and playing around with a new tree based around that. Good luck in the new league!

-O
"
midtown wrote:
Thanks for the guide! I'm planning on doing this for 3.4 SSFHC; I did a trial run to maps this weekend and enjoyed it a lot (and survived :).

Interesting things from the 3.4 tree:

• Instead of using 5 points to get the Witch's starting spell damage nods for 58% spell damage, we can now use those 5 points to grab Spiritual Aid for 69% spell damage (more for single target skels due to minion life). Also 1% life regen for us and minions. This also opens up a Bone Helmet and other minion damage mods. Wow!
  • Light of Divinity is gone, but we can take Lord of the Dead for one point instead, for 15% increased damage (little more w/ skels), and an extra skellie!
  • pathing to Ancestral Bond is changed such that we can skip the 15% placement node, and we get the totem life and resistance node instead.
  • the new Arcane Will node is probably worth 2 points, you can skip the 10% after Arcane Chemistry then as well probably.
  • the 8% AoE nodes are now 10%, can't hurt.

Overall seems like a solid buff! :) With the extra minion nodes we can use, I might try replacing the 3L Frenzy set up with CWDT + Convocation + Raise Zombie (all 20) for sweet automated meatshields.

Got a POB for 3.4 update? I'd love to look at it since your characters aren't shown in your profile and i can't find you in poe ninja.

Thanks
Re:3.4 update.

With regrets, I have been working on other builds in 3.4 and I am away from a comp for two weeks (posting from phone) so no POB update.

That said, only real change would be as suggested above--taking the minion damage wheel to grant totem damage and using a bone helm once that node is taken. This provides a solid damage buff to the build.

-O
"
RatedPG wrote:
Got a POB for 3.4 update? I'd love to look at it since your characters aren't shown in your profile and i can't find you in poe ninja.

Sure thing: https://pastebin.com/UaFSPicQ

Note that this is in SSF HC Delve so I made a few tweaks. Particularly, rolling really good jewels is hard as well as mana on all gear, so I took a few extra mana nodes instead of every jewel slot. Also, I dropped Totemic Zeal because I found the placement speed *too* fast to reliably place the right number of totems, and the duration and cast speed don't seem worth the 3 points when I could use them for mana/jewels.

I also am currently in the process of rolling the abyss jewels there, I've got my Hinder and am working on the Minion blind. Seems very nice to have!

Finally, I didn't end up using the Frenzy set up as I seem to keep myself busy with Wither and flasks, but I might try it at some point. Instead I'm using Zombies with M&TE and Minion Life, and stuck a Convocation in my CWDT. This is borrowed from a PewPewPew build and having 4 meatshields teleport around you immediately mitigates quite a few sources of damage. I may try the Frenzy at some point though once I'm more used to the build!

I would love to see yours as well!
If you are using cloak of defiance, do you take MoM on the tree and the mana nodes behind it?
Re: COD

Yes, The mana nodes behind it are the strongest on the tree and in easy reach. I would always take them, even though the MOM node itself is wasted.

-O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info