[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

Nice Build :) Started Harbinger league three days ago and failed first char at 74 i noticed it would be a pain to fix it.

Heard about your build by a good friend and it's just great. went from 0 to 78 today without much currencies invested and it was really fast paced.

The leveling part scaling with elemental damage is good enough to go on a 3c - 5c budget making this build a GREAT option for new league.

I will surely join the dicussion about possible improvements later on, if i decide to stick with this build, got some ideas already but need to see how it goes with PoB.

Thank you Orion :)
Hf :)
Path of Building shows that if you put points into Totem Life %, it will increase Dark Pact's dps as long as it's cast on player (or in this case totem).

I think doing a crit elemental based version wouldn't be too bad either, although it's a chaos based skill, the % more damage multiplier means ele damage scaling can work fine with it.
Hello im wondering if there's any unique armor good for this build ?? Having a blast atm lvl 75+
Lvl 76 atm and finished T11 map with no issues at all. Still on tabula rasa but no problem so far in any map. In hideout with no buffs and no totems and lightning golem toltip is 26k dps witch is nice i think for my gear and lvl. Again this is great build,was started with ranger TS build witch has way more dps but often died on ele reflect or bleed couse is fast build and get carryed away :), and most importaant you cant stay still or you are dead in higher maps. I like this concept more. Tnx for sharing this amazing buid.
Last edited by CyrusTheExile on Aug 15, 2017, 2:06:57 AM
Wow. My thanks to all of you for the positive feedback, public and private. Build appears to be becoming more popular and that makes me happy.

Re Unique Armor: Other than Tabula, the problem with using a unique armor is that the build
--really-- wants to be run in a 6L. So much so that the best unique armors available in a 5L just don't measure up.

If you can afford a 6L unique, you can consider The Covenant (easy to color), Carcass Jack (easy to color), Cherrubim's Maleficence (difficult to color), or the perfect skin of the loyal (very difficult to color) for a boost to damage at a varying but significant cost to tankiness over something like this:
which I see as an excellent piece of endgame armor for the build.

Current events: Build leveled to 93 today, which is an all-time hc best for me. It demonstrated the ability to walk over the new pale council (not difficult, but fun)

I also started doing time trials on Atziri. A link to what an Atziri run looks like at full build is provided here, and now in the guide also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPhBNfz7MsY&feature=youtu.be

Finally, though I haven't gone back to try shaper again yet, it appears that the build can now comfortably farm the guardians, with multiple runs on each. Though I still feel personally least comfy on hydra (and he may yet be the death of me), he gifted me this on the last run of the day:
Sacrifing the 1k EHP for the 20% bump in damage with extra attack speed, accuracy, and move speed feels significantly better, and keeping frenzy charges up during boss fights is no longer particularly difficult. Using Brine King and Garukhan everywhere but lab now (where I switch Garukhan for Ryslatha).

Wishing all of you good fortune with your variations.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Aug 15, 2017, 7:01:35 AM
Final Build Blog Entry:

Well I died today. It was to Shaper. Made it to the second phase clean--the increased move speed made a big difference. I missed a dodge on a slam during the second phase, and survived again--12k EHP seems good enough for this purpose, unless he crits. And then I flat missed a dodge on his orbs before I was fully healed, got hit by two in a row, and RIP.

There is no question the most updated version of the build is viable for Shaper based on how smoothly the first part of the run went. It's my personal tech that needs improvement. More practice. But later I think.

I had a great time with the build and took it further than I have ever been able to in hc in the past. I think I will take a break, get some sleep and reroll. Maybe I'll build something around the last gift I received from farming Chimera before I made my final Shaper attempt:

May some of you have even more success with it than I have.

Best,

Orion
"
Orion72 wrote:
Well I died today.

sad. but thanks fo idea anyway. i really have fun this build.

PS - do not play HC. really. we have anoth HC game already without saving (IRL) so do not waste time :)
-Помню, как толпа крестьян убить меня хотела,
После инквизиторы калечили мне тело!
Все восстало против молодого некроманта,
Сделав меня мучеником моего таланта.
Hey great guide. Maybe post gear for shaper so its hear if someone wants to try etc. Really cool build man!
Re playing hc:

HC is not for everyone, but it is what brings out my love of this game. Every decision matters more. Every victory is sweeter for knowing that death could come at any moment. And when we extend too far and eventually lose a character, there is sadness, yes, but it is always followed by renewal as we begin again. You couldn't get me to trade that experience for SC. Ymmv even more than usual.

Re Gear I wore for the shaper attempt:

It was all the gear most recently posted in the discussion (p. 6 "Gear as of today") substituting in the new 6L carnal armor I posted more recently as an example of a solid chest piece. The jewel maxxed out res for me and the totems (+9% on one jewel sufficient for totems) and then had a roughly even split between life/Mana mods and damage mods. Had a bit over 12K ehp for the fight, minimal other mitigation. POB damage with 3 frenzies and arcane surge was a little over 76k/totem/sec pure chaos. It would be enough with more practice. Maybe a lot more practice, but definitely doable.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Aug 15, 2017, 8:44:08 PM
Following this build on my first character for the league.

Where are you getting the dexterity from for Void Manipulation?
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info