[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

I am actually trying to level another spell totem up to do a wither then tri-DP totem for bossing. With this setup, you can still get frenzy hits in. Anyone try a wither totem for bossing? No need for mapping, but good for bosses I imagine.

I also tried just dropping frenzy, and doing the CWC+wither+warlords like Kaitanas suggested and I liked it quite a bit. Stronger than the 3 frenzy charges, maybe a bit more dangerous for some fights? But you can offscreen it not too bad. Maybe go inc AoE to help offscreen for some bosses or just straight up faster casting.

Also just my 2cents regarding Conc effect. It just feels so strong....and I don't mind the AoE, because in normal mapping I'm basically just spamming totems anyways, so the loss of AoE doesn't feel too bad. Maybe with a carcass I would feel differently though.

Last edited by trackcatbat on Aug 17, 2017, 3:45:51 PM
You can also put Summon Skeleton in your CwC link. Put down 4 totems and start channeling. It's like a Wi-Fi extender :D

Ofcourse, the skellies die quickly and because of the limited amount of casts from CwC, it would take time to ramp up to full capacity. Perhaps manually casting skellies might be worth it. Hell, I'm starting to wonder if maybe totems + skeletons is the true endgame. I mean, I don't have my apeps yet (cast speed) and I can only have 5 skeletons out at a time, but the amount of AoE hits the totems manage to throw around is pretty awesome. *thinking aloud* Now what benefits from rapid _spell_ hits? Cast on Ignite for example..

Edit: ahh.. it only chains 2 times. Sounded too good to be true I guess :(
Edit2: Chain support only reduces dmg for hits. Who knows, if poison-skeleton-darkpact ever becomes a thing, that's good to know :D
Last edited by Kaitanas on Aug 17, 2017, 6:15:00 PM
Probably a good mix is triple DP totem with the 4th being a wither totem, then Blight+CWC+Skele+Warlord's Mark, but with Blight you'd have to be in melee range. Toss in 2 of the spreading rot threshold jewels for another 64-76% increased chaos damage.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spreading_Rot
Last edited by reciprocate on Aug 17, 2017, 4:23:40 PM
I love that the conversation on ideas for improving the build seems to be moving along without me now. :) Many of the ideas being discussed for buffing our endgame dps have appeal. Rather than comment from an uninformed perspective, I am rerolling to play test some myself. May have some feedback to add later.

-O
Leveling also another hierophant after ripping stupidly. Did notice u are doing the same!

Few notes:

1) Double Axioms are just fine till Apep. Massive leveling speed on lvl a 55 and not many levels till finish.

2) No more Kaom's Roots. It's just that we don't have good mobility skill to use. So crucial to always move fast away and Dash isn't just much for moving! There are no interesting uniq boots at all so nice rares wanted there.

3) Testing out now Arctic Armour on Essence Worm. It's not exactly health but physical mitigation is important. Also testing out purity the elements since in some point don't have lots of resistances. Like Voll's Vision is interesting helmet.

4) Wither Totem sounds good addition bc we don't have lot synergy with Chaos dmg like Occultist have. Too bad they can't be casted all the same time :)

Questions:
1) Why do u level up CwDT so high?
2) Where can u see current resistances of totems?
Last edited by Possu81 on Aug 17, 2017, 4:48:57 PM
Soo what are the thoughts on using Soul Mantle for chest. Boosts to totems, and it frees an extra socket with spell totem included. We could have a pseudo 7 link totem set up.
Hey, can someone give me some suggestions for improvements on my gear?
I'm at 5 k hp and pulling around 1 mil dps in t9-10 map. I'm playing HC, btw.
Also, I'm missing quality on many of my gems, which ones should i prioritze?

Thanks

Last edited by TheLastWound on Aug 17, 2017, 5:22:51 PM
Was playing around with the tree a bit and what do you think about this?

http://poeurl.com/btlt

Dual curse with cast when damage taken, would this make sense? Also some more mana nodes.
"
kewkie wrote:

Dual curse with cast when damage taken, would this make sense? Also some more mana nodes.

What curses do you have in mind? I figure defensive ones like temp chains, enfeeble, and warlord's mark?
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
kewkie wrote:

What curses do you have in mind? I figure defensive ones like temp chains, enfeeble, and warlord's mark?

Enfeeble should already be in the setup, for the second curse I was thinking about temp chains or vulnerability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info