[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

Been playing this on SC and really enjoying it. Just did cruel lab at 48 no prob, although tbh in quick tests in act 7 I'm not gaining much from the extra totems since stuff dies so fast, hah. At around 2100 TT DPS, still wielding dual lifesprigs.

Pretty much following the build as written, only real change is dropping Enfeeble from my CWDT and putting the golem in there, because fuck manually casting golem.
"
kewkie wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
kewkie wrote:
Was playing around with the tree a bit and what do you think about this?

http://poeurl.com/btlt

Dual curse with cast when damage taken, would this make sense? Also some more mana nodes.

What curses do you have in mind? I figure defensive ones like temp chains, enfeeble, and warlord's mark?

Enfeeble should already be in the setup, for the second curse I was thinking about temp chains or vulnerability.

If choosing dual curse, which I like the idea of, what about a 4-link, with:

Orb of Storms + Curse on Hit + Temp Chains + Arcane Surge.

Use this with one of the current Enfeeble+CwDT setups and possibly keep Flame dash + Arcane too.
This is a ridiculously good build. I'm really impressed.

The leveling speed and map clear speed is just fantastic. I started this build 6 days ago after deciding my first build this league (GC mines) wasn't as much fun as I'd like, and I don't have as much time to play what with full time work, family, etc. But 6 days later I'm level 84. That's not something I'm normally able to do.

It's also ridiculously cheap. Not needing armor/evasion/ES on gear means that this build can take everyone else's garbage and make it really good. The most expensive thing I've bought is a 6L armor/ES chest with about +80 life and +50 mana, and it cost all of 49c because it's basically worthless for most builds. But it's a huge improvement over the Tabula, and I would encourage everyone to at least check poe.trade for cheap 6L life/mana chests to see if there's something usable. You might be surprised.

I have 5.3k life, 3.8k mana, overcapped elemental resists, and 53% chaos resist while investing less than 100c and less than a week into the character. One Flesh of the Beast prophecy basically paid for everything.

The most impressed I've been with it was tonight, doing a level-appropriate no-regen, extra damage, extra lightning damage, extra crit, shocking ground map and finishing it easily. With no regen, on a regen-based character. I figure that if a build can breeze through its nightmare scenario, it must be doing something right.

Anyway, great build. If you're browsing the forums for build ideas, give this one a try.
Last edited by Barandis on Aug 18, 2017, 2:56:39 AM
Accidental duplicate post, glitch in the Internet. Or maybe I like the build so much I posted twice.
Last edited by Barandis on Aug 18, 2017, 2:52:26 AM
"
Kellog wrote:

If choosing dual curse, which I like the idea of, what about a 4-link, with:

Orb of Storms + Curse on Hit + Temp Chains + Arcane Surge.

Use this with one of the current Enfeeble+CwDT setups and possibly keep Flame dash + Arcane too.

This is also interesting. Currently running 2x CWDT with enfeeble and vulnerabilty. I think vuln is for damage (SC) and temp chains for more def (HC?).

PS: Just finished my very first uber lab with this build <3
Wondering if Ancestral Bond is really worth it (after you get the extra 2 totems from Hiero). Unless I'm not doing the math right, that 4th totem only adds 21.5% dmg. Instead, I'd be interested in manually casting ED (added chaos ftw), possibly getting Zealot's Oath (and a couple of ES nodes) to make use of our ES.
I kinda agree. I have noticed that four totems are usually too many to handle but I guess with fast playstyle it's more optimal. Also, maximal placement speed is very important that u can add few totems fast. That's why I was thinking if Occultist is just better (only two totems but lots of +chaos dmg).

About the curses, first of all, does vulnerability do anything for this build? It gives boost for physical damage mostly, not chaos.
I think wither totem is way to go. Potentially Wither-spell totem-CwC-curse. Otherwise Wither-ST-Increased AoE.
Last edited by Possu81 on Aug 18, 2017, 7:08:02 AM
"
Possu81 wrote:
I kinda agree. I have noticed that four totems are usually too many to handle but I guess with fast playstyle it's more optimal. Also, maximal placement speed is very important that u can add few totems fast. That's why I was thinking if Occultist is just better (only two totems but lots of +chaos dmg).

About the curses, first of all, does vulnerability do anything for this build? It gives boost for physical damage mostly, not chaos.
I think wither totem is way to go. Potentially Wither-spell totem-CwC-curse. Otherwise Wither-ST-Increased AoE.

But vulnerabilty = increased damage from damage over time effects and chaos damage is a DoT, or?

But yeah, I think temp chains is still the better choice, so enemies are slowed and sticking better near the totems.

Combined with ST Wither it is a blast.

Current setup:

Spoiler

Not sure what to put in the rest of the slots (weapon blue and boots blue) - feels wasted, somehow.
Last edited by kewkie on Aug 18, 2017, 8:13:58 AM
pantheons? Stun thingie, maybe?
"
kewkie wrote:
But vulnerabilty = increased damage from damage over time effects and chaos damage is a DoT, or?

Many forms of chaos damage are DoTs - Contagion, Essence Drain, Poison - but chaos damage isn't a DoT just for being chaos damage. Dark Pact is not a DoT.

"
Possu81 wrote:

I agree that four totems may not be necessary. Most trash dies to one, so even when moving pretty fast through a map you seldom need to have four down.

Where I really like it is in conjunction with Decoy Totem. Using a Decoy Totem with three Dark Pact totems only reduces your damage output by 25%, while using Decoy Totem as an Occultist with only one Dark Pact totem reduces your damage by half. As I get into higher level maps with this character, I'm finding Decoy Totem really useful. If you don't, then I'm not sure it matters much whether you have the two extra totems.

Of course going Occultist loses you a bunch of Hiero-provided tankiness too, especially now that ES tank isn't nearly so good as it used to be. Both ways seem very valid, just depends on your taste.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info