Act 10 Kitava fight is absolutely stupid

"
Telzen wrote:
Huh? Running meta builds would let you ignore boss mechanics with your high dps, thus fights that were kinda special would lose that aspect. I've never run a meta build, but it seems most here need too, since they can't dodge easy telegraphed attacks.

Fun fact this isn't Dark Souls or some dime a dozen bullet hell. This is a game with garbage servers and gear-checks. GGG can try all they want to make PoE what it ain't, it won't work especially with how they balance.

But lol get out or, git gud right? Gotta hide all the oh so hard tier 1-10 maps behind Kitava or else the bad plebs could enjoy good content.
"
Syvaris wrote:
"
Telzen wrote:
Huh? Running meta builds would let you ignore boss mechanics with your high dps, thus fights that were kinda special would lose that aspect. I've never run a meta build, but it seems most here need too, since they can't dodge easy telegraphed attacks.

Fun fact this isn't Dark Souls or some dime a dozen bullet hell. This is a game with garbage servers and gear-checks. GGG can try all they want to make PoE what it ain't, it won't work especially with how they balance.

But lol get out or, git gud right? Gotta hide all the oh so hard tier 1-10 maps behind Kitava or else the bad plebs could enjoy good content.

TBH I don't consider Kitava to be all that difficult, but he is punishing, because of sloppy, haphazard design. Broad unclear attacks, excessive visuals and overlap attacks, general lack of audio of visual cues. Some telegraphs are clear, but others are a fucking mess.
Trying to parse what is or is not damaging, let alone how damaging, is a giant bloody headache.

It's a cluttered mess of a fight, so it doesn't surprise me that some people have more difficulty with him then others. And that some builds will get absolutely curb stomped, while others will breeze through him.

The fact the maps are also locked behind him is just insult to injury.
He's not bad because he's difficult, he's bad because he's bad, and that makes him difficult.
Last edited by YohSL on Sep 3, 2017, 8:23:07 PM
"
Syvaris wrote:
"
Telzen wrote:

Yeah cause only Dark Souls has ever had enemies and bosses with actual mechanics right? Shit I guess we should just make all the mobs in game run at the character and melee. Screw them having any interesting abilities, that's too hard for you guys.
"
Telzen wrote:

Does Essence Drain/ES occultist count as meta? I yet have to try with melee but Kitava seemed ok (if a little underwhelming by lacking a cool skill or voice actor), let's say, compared to Merciless Malachai.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Telzen wrote:
"
Syvaris wrote:
"
Telzen wrote:

Yeah cause only Dark Souls has ever had enemies and bosses with actual mechanics right? Shit I guess we should just make all the mobs in game run at the character and melee. Screw them having any interesting abilities, that's too hard for you guys.

Dark Souls has a spammable roll that gives invulnerability frames and the player is actually in full control of their character and doesn't rely on questionable path-finding.
The least they could do is put a waypoint before the arena. Just had an infuriating experience where I got Kitava's health down below halfway and I accidentally clicked respawn in town after getting killed. The Canals were reset and I couldn't get back to the Feeding Trough in time because the enemies there are a pain in the ass to get through. Harbingers on a bridge = no.

That's a pretty damn cruel punishment for a simple mistake.
Last edited by ChaosLord121 on Sep 5, 2017, 9:04:01 PM
Can't believe people are still whining about balance in this game for all these years "cuz TOO LAZY TO GEAR UP AND GIT GUD" and yet it's taboo to suggest auto levelup on skill gems like Xbox just got.

That's fucking hilarious man. This community is friggin' doomed lmao :D
I really like the design of the fight and the area leading to it, but the fight itself is not enjoyable to me.

I have two characters that are doing maps in this league and I am currently leveling up a third and the idea that i have to fight this dude again makes it really hard for me to keep going. The first time i fought him i ripped like crazy, the second time was a lot smoother, but i still died like 3 times because i could not see what was hitting me. The blood pools that deal heavy degen, that spawn some kind of slugs that leave a trail that also degens and the big red orb that hits a part of the area, leaves almost no safe space in the whole arena. Combine that with ads that hit hard and can bleed you, which counters your main defence - dodging, and the fact that he can swipe the arena at any given point makes it really unpleasant to fight him. Also all the red that he spawns on the ground makes it impossible (at least for me) to see the red shockwave that kills me the most. Yea he raises his hand when he does this but im busy looking at all the other stuff that can kill me to notice it sometime (im only human after all).

The fight is really overtuned imo, and i dont feel any accomplishment after im done with it, just frustration. Also i really dont see how any new player, who experiences this fight for the first time is going to have a fun time if he even completes it. I remember my first piece of sh*t build i did when i started playing this game and i would've not stood any chance against this guy.
Well here's my first attempt at this fight and what I'd consider a pretty BS death: https://youtu.be/OoN1P2UpJeQ

If you don't care to click, I was in the top right corner and could only see some of Kitava. Then ONLY ONE of the visual indicators that create a triangle around that big fucking nuke appeared on the ground, leading me to believe the others were below me and that I was safe. Instead, the entire corner blew up and I died, so I guess the other indicators were simply over the edge somewhere - that's fucking garbage.

too long, too hard? you guys need to go play candy crush or something. the game should be a challenge, mapping should be gated behind a final boss. whats the point in skipping the fight coming back and rolling over it? that's not "challenging". if you prepare the fights not a problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info