Act 10 Kitava fight is absolutely stupid

SO I am new player and was playing on HC. Because it is end of the league I decided to attempt Act 10 Kitava. It was me first time fighting him and never seen any video so didn't know what to expect.

I was using Enki's Arc witch and had 10k damage with Arc.
Fight was easy to be honest, I died at around 10% Kitava health as I didn't know that when he burns a ground it is long damage over time and my flask didn't heal me enough. Honestly I could quit to save my HC char but I didn;t see any reason for it.

2nd try I managed to kill Kitava no problem. I was only using Health and Silver flask for Onslaught. I think key is to stand in one corner and then use yor movement skill to go to other corner when Kitava attacks, you have planty time to attack after using movement skills to move.
Nice necro!

Here is the bottom line deal on this fight - it is literally do-able with every build aside from your pick-a-random-node-every-level build, and even then with half decent equipment it is STILL doable.

Any fight will seem imposing when you first encounter it and you are figuring out mechanics, especially if you do it blind without research. I recall how horrible the last Uber Lab fight was because on some of my builds, by the time I figured out where to stand on the postage stamp arena outside the traps I was dead from melee effects!

It is not the best designed encounter, granted. Has there ever been a boss-fixed-at-the-end-of-the-screen isometric fight that is well designed? For ranged it matters little but for close in fighting it is shit.

At any rate, with a little knowledge and a little skill you should be able to do the Innocence fight in Act V and Kitava in Act X with little difficulty.

Sorry if that shatters some people's sense, or lack thereof, of accomplishment or skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info