Act 10 Kitava fight is absolutely stupid

We both love this game :) and I see where you're coming from too.

Cheers
Did you try turning it off and on again?
Yep! it's a stupid waaaaay OP Boss/Fight!

I can easily say that it's a an OP/STUPID fight because I have beaten every other act Boss/God/Unique Deathless!. Even if I randomly died to a boss or 2 (due to a stupid move by me) I've reset the zone and defeated them without a significant amount of effort.

VS. I cannot recall how many times my evasion/acrobatics Chaos-DOT build died to Act 10 Kitava!
That to me says that something is wrong with the boss, and not my build!

By no means am I saying that I'm a pro player or that by build is solid. But either all the other bosses needs to be slowly ramped up to teach me some skills/build check/etc. before reaching Act 10 Kitava... or the final required act boss needs to be Nerfed!

My 2C
SSF since ~OB
Please nerf this fight to hell or make it optional like Merciless Malachai used to be.
I just find it unfun, design wise. Other enemies are actual "beings" that move around and you have to react to.
Kitava is just a giant wall, more or less, that causes instant death explosions. It feels really "bad" and unintuitive compared to other fights. Plus its really annoying as a cyclone build to have a "wall" that you're having to damage.

Like, I'm not going to touch difficulty, I just think it's a fight that GGG should NEVER emulate again with an static structure type enemy.
So the problem is... What exactly? Granted, I've never killed Kitava deathless (-e- story boss nor t15 version) because I have no idea how to deal with the flamethrower that literally covers the entire arena, but everything else is perfectly avoidable and got good enough visual cues.
Last edited by Anonymous1749704 on Feb 5, 2018, 1:11:57 AM
"
because I have no idea how to deal with the flamethrower that literally covers the entire arena,

There are one or two safe spots on the side the breath goes to - next to the chasm near the corner. If you place your char there you wont take damage from the fire breath nor the burning ground. It also has a visual and audio 'tell'. So when you notice it you go into the mid, determine the direction and escape ahead of it to the safe spot/s.

(Disclaimer: I am not trying to defend the boss fight design here.)
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
aleksandor wrote:
I just find it unfun, design wise. Other enemies are actual "beings" that move around and you have to react to.
Kitava is just a giant wall, more or less, that causes instant death explosions. It feels really "bad" and unintuitive compared to other fights. Plus its really annoying as a cyclone build to have a "wall" that you're having to damage.

Like, I'm not going to touch difficulty, I just think it's a fight that GGG should NEVER emulate again with an static structure type enemy.

This feeling of a stupid wall boss is bad for many more builds other than just Cyclone. It's not quite as bad for the bow builds I've done but even then it still feels stupid to me to be fighting a wall.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
because I have no idea how to deal with the flamethrower that literally covers the entire arena,

There are one or two safe spots on the side the breath goes to - next to the chasm near the corner. If you place your char there you wont take damage from the fire breath nor the burning ground. It also has a visual and audio 'tell'. So when you notice it you go into the mid, determine the direction and escape ahead of it to the safe spot/s.

(Disclaimer: I am not trying to defend the boss fight design here.)

I think it'd be alot better if there was an "easy" version of it that people could go back to and practice with, like how in the past we had 3 playthroughs, so if you needed you could take a moment and go try and learn a 1st playthrough version of the boss when you're high level.
but with this the only "true" kitava fight is right before you're going into maps, and even though you'll outlevel him his Instant kill attacks can still hurt/kill you.

like, if you had some map device function that let you try out a boss without any fear of death and XP loss; no loot but also no risk, just a learning experience.

"
Turtledove wrote:

This feeling of a stupid wall boss is bad for many more builds other than just Cyclone. It's not quite as bad for the bow builds I've done but even then it still feels stupid to me to be fighting a wall.

I understand their thought process ("This'll make the boss seem BIG!"), but in practice its just annoying.
Last edited by aleksandor on Feb 5, 2018, 6:08:25 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7vdz4z/fun_fact_kitava_from_act_10_has_double_the_life/

h4x making a very interesting point here. a10 kitava has Final Fantasy end-boss level life, but Map Kitava hits like Omega Weapon.

So one is a slog, the other takes more skill.

I know which I'd rather face.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
"
aleksandor wrote:

"
Turtledove wrote:

I understand their thought process ("This'll make the boss seem BIG!"), but in practice its just annoying.

I agree completely, kudos to GGG for the courage and coming up with a unique boss fight. The bottom line though is that it really doesn't work well. Please don't create another one like this.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info