Act 10 Kitava fight is absolutely stupid

For me fight with Kitava's looks like this: attack Kitava until i die, respawn, attack Kitava until i die, respawn, %repeat whatever number of times to finish this fight to be able run maps%. I find this fight bad because of fight mechanics called 'taking damage from nowhere while boss is invulnerable with no possibility to leech or refill bottles' and also because Kitava is usually one-shotting me.

Anyway i play SC only and for me not really matter how many times i need to die to finish Kitava's fight. I can only suggest that fight may be more interesting for SC players if you can lose it - and if you lose you have to start over again (6 attempts for fight or something like this). In last case Kitava should deal less damage.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
yeah shes a bitch for HC players
I dont see any any key!
I'm gladly paying a few chaos for the kill. Not worth doing alone and risk dying. There's no much room for mistakes in that battle.
"
k1rage wrote:

HE Kitava is HE
Kitava is more of a theatrical boss fight tbh, the only problem is that if you want to map, you must kill him, which imo is bullshit.

I always said, make mapping available from level 1, give us skill points approximate to our level progress, at level 10 give us the approximate skill points that we would recieve by level 10... etc

None of this 9999999999999 hp boss then move onto t1 maps for a 800000 hp boss bullshit
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
de99ial wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

HE Kitava is HE

My mistake

they never show anything below the waist lol
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

HE Kitava is HE

My mistake

they never show anything below the waist lol

But context and lore gives some answers.
I'd like to sound off on this but Kitava isn't the only act boss that is stupidly OP.

Shouldn't map bosses be harder?? How many of you quiver at the sight of going in to a Beach map to fight the boss? Anyone??

I'm sure I've seen plenty of people shouting out in 820 about needing help with T1 map bosses.
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
"
Bowman8763 wrote:
I'd like to sound off on this but Kitava isn't the only act boss that is stupidly OP.

Shouldn't map bosses be harder?? How many of you quiver at the sight of going in to a Beach map to fight the boss? Anyone??

I'm sure I've seen plenty of people shouting out in 820 about needing help with T1 map bosses.

In previous leagues i slayed him regurally. I hated Temple map with all that phases and portals. Yuck.
my experience with Kitava was underwhelming; i know i wasn't properly built for that boss fight or even at an appropriate level to attempt it, so i cant actually complain about getting one-shotted (a lot).
but i felt for such a small compact arena that there was too much going on.
Kitava's AoE abilities are easily telegraphed but moving around the mobs to dodge them was becoming increasingly troublesome(especially as the mobs were instantly replenishing).

but my complaint as far as Kitava is concerned has more to do with the lore;
throughout the game he is set up as an eternally hungry glutton
this didn't get any focus during his fight.

if i was to make a suggestion it would be this:
have less mobs while Kitava is active but when he is down and his heart comes out have a huge mob come with it.
and when Kitava collects his heart have him eat all the mobs(and summoned minions/totems) along with it.(having a crowded arena suddenly become empty, even if for a second, will be very intimidating)
and throughout the fight have Kitava eat random mobs and summoned minions/totems.(Kitava is always hungry and a fight to the death isn't going to stop him from feasting on whatever is available)

otherwise i found it to be a very interesting fight.
it kinda sucks that you have to beat him before you can do maps considering that there is a map device earlier in the main game.
i personally think maps should be like ascendancy: available as soon as you reach the required area but not necessarily possible for the level you will be at upon reaching it.

that way people using maps to grind levels can grind(without the harsh xp penalty for dying at later chapters)
and loot seekers can try for better gear without the massive slog through the campaign.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info