Act 10 Kitava fight is absolutely stupid

"
Fnts7 wrote:
Agree with the subject - totally retarded fight. E.g. with my build that uses Raise Zombies - even no corpses to Raise the stupid Zombies. One of the elements of the build that couldn't be used at all.
You know they made a gem years ago that would help with that, its called Desecrate.
I think the fight is fine. If your build is decent you have to make two mistakes close together to die. You have tons of time to port out after the big hits unless you do something really silly.

I do think the game could do a better job of prepping you for the fight. I always really liked how the scepter monsters prepped you for Dominus. The evangelists taught you about the prox bubble and the lightning trapper made sure you were ready for Dom's soul spam. If you can't survive in bubble range and you can't handle lightning damage you aren't ready for Dom and you won't even get to him. Or at least back in the day, he has been a joke for a while now.

Kitava is different from most of POE's fights (like Dom stage 2) in that the safest place is not the furthest you can get from him. I think it would be ideal if the monsters before Kitava made use of something like prox bubble, had skills similar to ice spear that do more damage a long distances, and something like firetraps. People that truly aren't ready for Kitava having to reevaluate their builds before Kitava would be better imo.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
mucker wrote:
I think the fight is fine. If your build is decent you have to make two mistakes close together to die. You have tons of time to port out after the big hits unless you do something really silly.

I do think the game could do a better job of prepping you for the fight. I always really liked how the scepter monsters prepped you for Dominus. The evangelists taught you about the prox bubble and the lightning trapper made sure you were ready for Dom's soul spam. If you can't survive in bubble range and you can't handle lightning damage you aren't ready for Dom and you won't even get to him. Or at least back in the day, he has been a joke for a while now.

Kitava is different from most of POE's fights (like Dom stage 2) in that the safest place is not the furthest you can get from him. I think it would be ideal if the monsters before Kitava made use of something like prox bubble, had skills similar to ice spear that do more damage a long distances, and something like firetraps. People that truly aren't ready for Kitava having to reevaluate their builds before Kitava would be better imo.

Thats a great idea.
"
Brine and Innocence are DURING story line, not on the end. They can and they will cause problems. Innocence killed me several times because i didnt know how work it. Brine killed me once because i got lost in narrov space.

No comment on that flawless logic.
We are going to shut down Beyond immigration into our maps until we find out what the Hell is going on!
I've only done the fight with one character so I make no grand judgements, but I quite liked it. More than the Act 5, 8 and 9 bosses, at least. Lots of nice area-denial stuff going on, lots of crazy overlapping without me ever really feeling like there were no safe spots. I had fun.

It does drag on a bit long, although at least that gave time for some escalation of abilities.

The heart phase still feels like a knife's edge, balance-wise. My build did okay here in this instance, but I know in the Act 5 version I've had multiple characters feel hopelessly overwhelmed here because the spawns feel like they have so much life, and this Act 10 one still had that feeling, so I wouldn't be surprised if that part of the fight frustrates.

And I'm not really sure what Innocence and Sin were doing there, they weren't particularly godlike in their assistance (the staff beam in Act 5 felt much more like something beyond the player's own capacity).
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Possibly the worst end boss fight I've seen in an ARPG**. It has a fatal combination:

a) zero narrative tension -- you have to go through several bland zones just to get there
b) pointless npc assistance from *GODS*, especially Sin
c) visually indecipherable elements leading to unexplained deaths
d) filler by way of clusters of life-heavy adds
e) No connection to prior events -- what happened to all that crap we did with The Endlessly Recycled Three?

It was really boring and I just wanted it over with. I actually did a Map afterwards to cleanse my fucking palate.

The game is sort of dead in the water after act 8. Some great moments and assets but it's all glued together with the finesse of a five year old finger-painting.

See my signature.

Spoiler
** INCLUDING DIABLO 3.

Agreed.
As a final boss fight, he's a special kind of crap.
Has no character, no presence, and the fight is nothing but a copy paste job made into a horrendous boring slog of a fight. He sucks from beginning to end. Hell, all of act 10 is a god damn tire fire.

And acts 6-9 are more then a little sketchy themselves, with wildly varying quality.
And non of them come even close to acts 4-5. It's slapdash content at best.

With Kitava being the final turd on a shit sandwich.
Needless to say, this didn't make me want to continue playing afterwards.
So a slight update. I made a new character that was non-gladiator.

This one had about 2.7-2.8k life and capped resistances.I also had what I believe to be around 11k dps b/c of my weapon on a 5-l.

I think I died 8-10 times there with Vaal Pact. The heart wasn't too bad, but Kitava's attacks dealt a lot of damage.

The wave thing was dodgeable by hand (dodge in this context isn't referring to Acrobatics) if you got the timing right.

The fire storm was just raining damage down at me though and there wasn't much I could do about it.

This fight was too hard considering the fact that I was using decent gear at the time (aside from my weapon). I did tier 3 maps shortly afterward and found that it was much easier than Kitava, in fact any map bosses leading up tier 4 were easier. I don't understand why Kitava would be harder than map bosses, that really doesn't make sense.
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
I don't understand why Kitava would be harder than map bosses, that really doesn't make sense.
Because he's the boss of the story? There is what 125 maps? You run a ton of maps, but you only do the end boss once, so it needs to be a little special. All his attacks are easy to dodge anyway, not sure what the issue is here.
"
Telzen wrote:
so it needs to be a little special.

I'd describe the Kitava fight as "trash" more so then special. But I guess all fights feel special if you use metashit and can just ignore 90% of the bosses mechanics.

Leveling Ancestral Warchief and comparing it to my other characters was a real fucking eye opener to what 3.0 was designed for.
"
Syvaris wrote:
"
Telzen wrote:
so it needs to be a little special.

I'd describe the Kitava fight as "trash" more so then special. But I guess all fights feel special if you use metashit and can just ignore 90% of the bosses mechanics.

Leveling Ancestral Warchief and comparing it to my other characters was a real fucking eye opener to what 3.0 was designed for.
Huh? Running meta builds would let you ignore boss mechanics with your high dps, thus fights that were kinda special would lose that aspect. I've never run a meta build, but it seems most here need too, since they can't dodge easy telegraphed attacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info